Sign in to follow this  
readytogo1955

Grandmothers Cures.

As child in the country,my grandmother always had lemon and orange peal drying in the sun

or behiend the wood burning stove,this was boil and with honey was turn into a hot cup of tea,if fever was involved,a little white rum was added,heavy blanket,lots of sweat.

I have been doing this forever now,specially during the cold season,no chemicals,no drugs.

Just go to the store and price a small jar of lemon peel or orange in the baking section,so I saved all my orange/lemon peel,not only for medical but baking,try it.

Grandmothers know magical things. Did you know that honey has been found to be antibacterial and a natural antibiotic? In fact, some scientists are now researching whether it can be used to treat different kinds of wounds, and there is some evidence that it may actually treat antibiotic resistant infections!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexknapp/2012/02/02/more-evidence-that-honey-can-treat-antibiotic-resistant-infections/

So I think maybe beekeeping may be a worthwhile skill to have after SHTF, and that having some hives could be worth considering if you're prepping with chickens or livestock already.

LMAO of course to many and you have to worry about an unintended pregnancy and you need to avoid steps

and driving.

have learned over the years that tpp much of a good thing will have some unintended-bad consequenses, however you will note i state a cold beer as in one

hi all

when i was young my parents would put warmed onion slices on my feet , in socks.normly 1/2 hour would do it.when i got older,i asked how someone could come up with something like that.they said ,childrens beds doubled as storage bins for potatoes,onions,ect.when someone sleeping on the onions,there fever would, leave quickly,and the onions would be rotten.long before there time,but instantly after fever.

My husband's grandmother taught us many things about natural cures. The woman lived to be 96 and never took a medication made by man! The best one and the one we use the most is the herb Comfrey. It is used for sprains and broken bones, often called "bone mend" It is a large leafed herb with a fuzzy surface. Grows about 2-3 feet tall. Cut 2 or three leaves and drop them briefly in boiling water, remove with tongs and place on the affected area. Use as hot as you can stand. It will mend muscle pulls, sprains and some research says it helps to heal a fracture. Awesome stuff. Perennial herb, grows just about in any country, any state, any soil.

It has healed many a Rugby sprain for my 3 sons, and even pulled muscles in the spine. It is a God-send.

Honey is indeed an antibiotic. The best honey in the world however is the Manuka Honey from New Zealand. Pronounced Ma NOO kah. It has been found to actually KILL MRSA, the flesh eating bacteria. If you have ever had any experience or know anyone who has contracted MRSA ( usually in a hospital) it is almost impossible to kill, even with multiple types of I.V antibiotics. Manuka Honey has had legitimate scientific research by the Germans and the Kiwis. They now grade it as to how much of the antibacterial element is contained in the samples. You can get it online, put it in your emergency shelf, and don't eat it. It is quite expensive.

Yet another grandmother cure: Feverfew, a perrenial herb. It is a strong anti-inflammatory, works on most pain including but not limited to migraines. Also grows anywhere. Cute daisy, so it is not an ugly plant.Tastes disgusting, very bitter, but if you are in pain, it will help tremendously.

Take a few leaves and eat them or stuff them into gel caps if you hate the taste. Repeat as necessary. My husband makes a tincture out of them with 80 proof alcohol and about 4 oz of fresh leaves. Let sit for about 1 month and strain. Use 10 - 20 drops for migraine. He usually puts the drops in some juice or an ounce of soda for me.

My husband's grandmother taught us many things about natural cures. The woman lived to be 96 and never took a medication made by man! The best one and the one we use the most is the herb Comfrey. It is used for sprains and broken bones, often called "bone mend" It is a large leafed herb with a fuzzy surface. Grows about 2-3 feet tall. Cut 2 or three leaves and drop them briefly in boiling water, remove with tongs and place on the affected area. Use as hot as you can stand. It will mend muscle pulls, sprains and some research says it helps to heal a fracture. Awesome stuff. Perennial herb, grows just about in any country, any state, any soil.

It has healed many a Rugby sprain for my 3 sons, and even pulled muscles in the spine. It is a God-send.

they call it pot around here they roll it in paper cigarette, bible sheet, or tampon wrappers or a pipe and smoke it.

I forgot to mention most grandmothers are 40 years old now, WTF do they know and if they did they did not teach it to their kids.

all I got was vicks vapo rub or aspirin if that stitches didn't cure it

you was gonna' die, well maybe some castor oil.

Edited by juzcallmesnake

Guest kevin

damn young whipper snappers........snake = mr. wilson(dennis the menace)

Edited by kevin

kevin

We were on a rig tripping pipe and my friend lost the first joint of his little finger

poured some whiskey on it covered it with some cotton wrap out of the first aid box and electrical tape to

keep it dry and went back to work next day he had a better rig on it home made and it grew over and healed

in a few weeks.

sometimes I think we over use doctors but sometimes it is better not to take a chance as long as we got them

and not too dangerous to get there why not they are good ones my local is great as is my V..A. doctor

but sometimes they ain't in charge of what or how you get treatment sometimes you have to work the system

until you get the treatment you need.

freeze some hard cider, pour off the apple jack, add honey , lemon and some high skoval pepper sauce, habanero or thai pepper to it and add cranberry juice and you have the cure all. drink it down. if it doesnt cure you, you might use it to revive a dead body. 1 ounce of everything... ecept two ounces of hot stuff. also makes a great linement