Sign in to follow this  
ricksconnected

secret island.

OK, I collect conspiracy theories but this doesn't wash. Pelican Island, home of Texas A&M Galveston is largely built up dredging debris. Note the story lists Baltimore harbor as the source of the material. The Corps of Engineers dredge a water way and usually endeavor to dump the debris in the most useful way possible. Creating habitat for various water fowl is rather common actually. The barriers to erosion are to keep the debris from washing away and causing other problems to the sea lanes.

The Engineers are actually just doing their job and doing it well. I'd rather see them get credit for their work than this kind of stuff. I guess I could be wrong but this one doesn't really meet the conspiracy theory standard.

Rick, ya made me start wondering about Gaillard Island here in Mobile. I knew it was man-made but I thought it was a garbage dump and never paid it any attention other than to think it was a weird place to dump garbage. Flown over it dozens of times and used it as a landmark to the downtown airport. Googled it and found this entry in Wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaillard_Island

Mostly mentions keeping port facilities open by dredging the bay and giving some undeveloped area for the local bird population to nest without being bothered. people can visit the beach but the interior is off limits due to bird nests. Been living down here for almost 8 years now and still haven't bought a boat! I need to play in the water more often!

This is a bird sanctuary people,and nothing more,just like area51,15 months in space nasa plane?,4 days aloft nitrogen fuel drome with a 65,000 feet flight altitude/2.5 feet resolution camera,xray power scopes that can see thru walls,nothing more,maybe who ever lives near there can dock their boat in their marina,

at night,and say hello.HAHAHA:cool:

Many people can visit the beach but the interior is off-limits due to bird nests. Been living down here for almost 8 years now and still haven't bought a boat! I need to play in the water more often.