Sign in to follow this  
awake

Boxers or briefs ?

OK so lets get a few things straight. Some of us sweat no matter what. I sweat driving a vehicle that has perfectly good climate control. I sweat in the winter. I sweat indoors, outdoors, at home, at work and even asleep. I sweat all the time.

I also spent a ton of time sweating my way through the backwoods of the southeast US.

Moisture is always a problem. At some time your skin is just had enough and it will let you know it. We are all adults here so you know how your skin reacts to irritation. Its not a good thing.

Over the last 20 years i have tried every new material out there in the undergarment world.

Moisture wicking has come a long way. Last month my loving wife was with me in a store. She picked up a pair of exoffico brand boxer briefs and asked if i had ever seen these. I had not. First thing i noticed was the $25 price tag. One pair? For freaking underwear? Yes. Lord i must be nuts to even consider them.

So that was last month. I am here to report that they are worth every penny. They are soft as silk, breathable and stay dry. Yep even me. Dry. I have worn them for a day, washed them in the sink hung them to dry over night and back on again for a week straight. Guess what? they have an anti-microbe sheild that prevents odor.

Lets see.

dry- soft- breathable- no odor- quick drying-comfortable beyond words.

So if your thing it to hunt, fish, travel, hike, sleep or even evade zombies, why not do it in total comfort? Pony up the money. Buy them. You will find that you will soon be thinking of getting the next pair even if you have to get a second job. And ladies they have them for you as well.

Edited by awake

hum....... i might try these. moisture can be a problem in all climates folks.

on a week trip in the bush you can get into trouble with the famous

"crotch rot", a fungus that isnt alway curable. care to share what store you bought them in?

...... they have an anti-microbe sheild that prevents odor.

L.............

sometimes odor has more to do with perception.... ;-)

i dont have those exact kinds but prefer the type of boxer-brief.

you can wear them under running short to exercise, regualr pants, shorts, etc...

good stuff. I go with the all cottom ones form the dollar store. 3 for 10 bucks. but im cheap.

hum....... i might try these. moisture can be a problem in all climates folks.

on a week trip in the bush you can get into trouble with the famous

"crotch rot", a fungus that isnt alway curable. care to share what store you bought them in?

http://www.noc.com/noc-gatlinburg/outdoor-gear-a-apparel/

but you can find them at a lot of stores like Bass pro/ReI/ect.

sometimes odor has more to do with perception.... ;-)

i dont have those exact kinds but prefer the type of boxer-brief.

you can wear them under running short to exercise, regualr pants, shorts, etc...

good stuff. I go with the all cottom ones form the dollar store. 3 for 10 bucks. but im cheap.

and that type just becomes a sweaty hammock between my legs. rotflmao. just prime time for problems.

You could shave or wax your junk, lol. Hair holds moisture and odor although I've heard the tradeoff in that is chaffing.

I'm a plaid boxer man. I've got some UnderArmour compression shorts (tip: buy a size larger) that I wear in the most sweaty of conditions although I try to avoid those, lol. Toward the end of a work day they make my....hurt. You don't notice perspiration though!

You could shave or wax your junk, lol. Hair holds moisture and odor although I've heard the tradeoff in that is chaffing.

I'm a plaid boxer man. I've got some UnderArmour compression shorts (tip: buy a size larger) that I wear in the most sweaty of conditions although I try to avoid those, lol. Toward the end of a work day they make my....hurt. You don't notice perspiration though!

see my post in what have done to better your prep today II. http://www.survivalcache.com/forums/showthread.php?2109-What-have-you-done-today-to-better-your-Prep-II&p=32817#post32817.wore these shorts. I even slipped and managed to get half thigh high in a stream. Things dried quickly despite the high temps and humidity. I know how the compression shorts can make your....... hurt. The Exoffico's are generous in this area. no pains.

Edited by awake

I just cut it with hair clippers and go commando I do not have any LEAKAGE problems yet.

talcum powder medicated gold bond if you have the ITCH and wash as often as you can in the field.

in the field I use a deodorant called mineral salts it has no chemicals works well need to apply it 2x a day

but it lasts more uses verses regular deodorant it can be used in private areas as it is also anti microbial

this is how it prevents odor wash it off and your ready for use next time.

you can make pure talcum & 10% baking soda this helps inhibit bacterial growth also medicated powder has

eucalyptus and other oils or sulfur powder added in for foot fungus and such

other oils are

tea tree oil

oregano oil

menthol

I know there are others need to ask Dr Bones and Nurse Amy

should you start to get crotch rot and for women bra rawness use wintergreen alcohol and do it as soon as you feel any discomfort next day it will be gone it does burn but it is better to suffer a few seconds than days of walking around like Walter Brennen {the old actor}

this also works on that annoying top crack heat rash it burns and your going to do the indian war dance

but next day it should be virtually gone if you think this is extreme let this go to the next level and you will find out about cellulites and have to take steroids and other medications as well as swell up like a water melon.

rashes are serious and allow other microbes and viruses in IMO take the pain and stop it before it stops you.

At night do not sleep in clothing this allows you body to breathe you sweat in a vapor and any clothing

allows that jungle humidity level to remain causing fungus, yeast and rashes sleep on clean linen wash all clothing a couple of times a week now you know why lye soap was so good it killed such things.

and now you know why they call old people crotchety if your in a rash you not a happy person.

Some of you that have been in the military recently (not sure how it used to be) but in the military no one wears underwear.. they add extra weight to your rucksack and chafe badly on long ruck marches. It's best to just ditch underwear all together. Some of you might see this as strange and may have noticed it feels weird. But, after some time you will see the benefits.

I had a pair that I used just for training (not potty training). The only negative was after a while they actually began to hold the smell in the fabric. They were comfortable as heck and worked great but I ended up having to toss them. Did pick an extra pair up and put them in the hunting gear new.

Going commando isn't always the best option.... swamps and jungle waters. If you must wade these waters, amoebas and other parasitic critters can enter orafices that you do not want them to. I recommend having at least 1 pair with the fly sewn shut to add a "filter" to protect as much as possible. Another option (laugh all you want) is pantyhose. They will help keep leeches off and offer some decent protection from other insects and "predators", plus offer your legs better circulation. Alot of SF guys wear them, so anyone want to argue about their wardrobe, feel free...lol.

BUTT NAKED Wahooooooooooo.

fell the breeze between your knees

take a tinkle on the flowers and the sides of trees

but watch out for the bees and the fleas and the fire ants too

Skinny dipping and mustang wine sipping with your gal

on your belly it's your rudder on your back its a sail

and a handy towel holder.

I own a few pair of silk boxers for when company comes over and a Japanese Kimono style robe.

powder powder powder powder.

In my line of work this topic is very important. People often overlook the importance of good undies and/or staying dry in that area. A good medicated powder such as gold bond is effective and has many practical uses in a survival setting. It also comes in travel sizes - great for your BOB.

I will definately search out these super-skivies and give them a run.

Going commando isn't always the best option.... swamps and jungle waters. If you must wade these waters, amoebas and other parasitic critters can enter orafices that you do not want them to. I recommend having at least 1 pair with the fly sewn shut to add a "filter" to protect as much as possible. Another option (laugh all you want) is pantyhose. They will help keep leeches off and offer some decent protection from other insects and "predators", plus offer your legs better circulation. Alot of SF guys wear them, so anyone want to argue about their wardrobe, feel free...lol.

I wore pantyhose durring long ruck marches it helped prevent blisters and helped with circulation and provided warmth durring the cold days.

Awake, thanks for the tip, I too, sweat like it's my job, and if it were my job I be one very young retired man. For a while I have had Hanes boxer briefs, they are snug but not too much and seem to whisk moisture away pretty well most of the time, except when it's actually hot out and there's a valid reason for me to be sweating as much as I do. Ever see Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, or better yet read the book. I sweat like Hunter just not from constant drug use. Everyone at work thinks (or knows) I'm gross because I sweat in the air conditioning when others need a coat. I think I might try these out, the price is a bit high but if they work I imagine it's worth it.