Sign in to follow this  
tinderwolf

keeping seeds

I've taken them directly from the "fruit". I put them on a couple towels & set out to dry. When they were dry I would put them in a envelope & mark them. I then put that inside a ziplock bag & put them in the fridge. Make sure they are dry, or they will get moldy.

Tinder...

I have always taken a few Green beans and put them on white thread(stringing them up)and putting in the window of my back porch..they dry niceley..I put them in a mason jar and keep them in the dark in the basement..

I do get seeds from others that have been kept in an envelope.As long as they are completely dry keep them in something that will stay that way..

I will send you some bluelake beans if you want some..

B)

Just your regular garden seeds. Tomatoes peas squash corn carrots radishes peppers

corns my favorite when it ready to harevest pull it off the stalk, shuck the husk off put in a paper bag to dry in a dry cool area...only use those kernals that are wrinkled for plantiing no smooth ones or dis colored kernals.

put in an envelope

Edited by wally

tomatos you cut open and pcik the seeds then wash them...place them on a paper towel to dry a low fan helps speed up the procress. put in an envelope

Edited by wally