Sign in to follow this  
Rod

Surrendering Weapons to Military/LEO

In another thread awake brought up the point that we may be faced with the military/LEO confiscating weapons. This has me in a real quandry. I see only three possibilities:

One: Safely hiding weapons as a backup plan and surrendering what you have in hand.

Two: Resisting

Three: Giving up what you have with no backup.

Of course trying to talk your way out of it is worth an effort but probably has a very low chance of working.

This scenario really has me in a quandry. Anybody else have any suggestions how this might be handled?

Ever see the movie Red Dawn..........remember the invader's asking about 4473's ..................those are records of firearms purchase's ............think the whoever's might have copies of what you have? What might be the end results if you can't or will not give up what they say you have...??? Of course this could never happen in American..................:mad:

I hear ya shieldingarrow, What if you cant produce the items that you have papers on? I think mine will be sold to "pay bills". I to will maintain a reserve of some sort some where in this situation. Like the movie quotes, "They can have my gun when they pry it from my cold dead fingers" ;)

My 5th says..eat shit and bark at the moon...I dont have anything on paper..

If for any reason this should start in WEST VIRGINIA..well there are some who will not OBEY..

A fact of the matter is most leos in this area have more stashed away than anyone else.

If I had notice of this ahead of time, I'd likely report a fake robbery and stash my weapons. If I didn't I'd start shooting. The way I see it, the only possible thing that can come of someone or some group demanding that you surrender your weapons, is them using weapons against you. If it ever comes down to that, the only chance I see myself having is shooting before they make it impossible. If something were to happen that would remove my weapons or make them null ahead of a struggle, well, I'm a dangerous person and I'll make a weapon out of anything. I might not get as far as I would with my weapon, but I'll take a few down with me at least.

NO NO NO NO a million times no. confiscation of my guns is a dont even situation. go find some other citizen to harrass. i aint giving it up...and watch out for the wife, shes a better shot than i ever was:mad:

Recently, they also signed laws which made the Bill of Rights null and void. I don't trust Uncle Sam anymore - I trust my Bible, my dog, and my weapon.

If you think that you can trust the government just ask an American Indian.

As for what to do if they come knocking on doors? Grandma always said it was better not to put all your eggs in one basket.

"What about all these guns you bought Mr. awake"?

Tough times and i had to sell them. Sure do miss 'em.

WHAT?? You mean to say i need to cut off my hands & feet & let them have it , since my arms & legs are regestered by my local police as deadly weapons. I'll have none of that, they'll need to kill me first, before they chop of my body parts.

WHAT?? You mean to say i need to cut off my hands & feet & let them have it , since my arms & legs are regestered by my local police as deadly weapons. I'll have none of that, they'll need to kill me first, before they chop of my body parts.

Now, now, they will do nothing so inhumane as what you suggest! Like chemical castration there are some shots you will have to take periodically......:P

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! This is the best thread so far. Now you have me imagining the Government actually contemplating an attempted conspication of all legally owned American firarms! Whoa!

Reality check..

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/08/national/nationalspecial/08cnd-storm.html?pagewanted=all

http://www.infowars.com/new-orleans-mayor-admits-illegal-gun-confiscation/

3 YEARS and a couple of million dollars worth of Attorneys to settle a KNOWN FACT..

I own It legal..No you cant have it..

Remember that photo of SWAT banging down the door...They were doing what they were TOLD to DO!!!

NAZIs................

When a Demonchat wants to do something wrong "They will"

JMO...

Oh shit whos that KNOCKING at my door?????????????????????

click...

I think the thing to keep in mind is that if the local, state, or federal government decides to break the law, there is little you or I can do about it. Confiscating firearms after Katrina was clearly an illegal act. That is what the lawsuits after the fact determined. A number of laws were then passed to reinforce that the public is allowed to possess legally acquired firearms.

But during the time period of the crisis, law enforcement was instructed to confiscate weapons by a legal representative of the government and they followed those orders. That, I imagine will be the pattern in the future.

The laws are easily broken by the government and only if society returns to normal will there be any redress. For the period in between, we are own our own.

From our standpoint that means we have to face the fact that our own government may not offer any practical assistance and they may decide to actively work against us. The only bright spot (if you could call it that) is that government powers may be limited to only highly dense population areas, like cities. I think they would find it difficult to have much of a reach into the countryside.

All the more reason for those living in or close to a city to be ready to get out quickly.

Edited by Rod

As always Rod tells it like it is..

Its easyer to control a mass than a small independent community.

Example.#1..Water is off/because we need to conserve!!Please come to the Local staging area to recieve your alottment,Oh have your Papers ready to show to the National guard also..

Example#2..because of Hording food we will come to your home and give it a sweep,than we will give you your vouchers to pick up food at the Local staging area (along with your water).

Example #3..Because of the Gangs and the POSSIBILITY of someone breaking in to your home and arming them selfs we are asking for you to turn in ALL home defence weapons and ammo to better help you.Please turn in at the Local staging area.New cell phones will be giving out /only 911 will work to inform us if anyone you see has a weapon,or you need help...

In the country ,we got water,we have preped with gardens and food stocked,NO one want to face a 30-06 that granddad has/used to kill deer with for 40pluss years.

JMO..

Excellent thread, this above all else is what truly causes me to worry. I suppose my greatest question is what are we, as the prepared ones, going to consider doing if "manditory" evacuations or home "inspections" begin? How far are we willing to take it? I am hoping that a well secured home, with little outward appearances of preparedness might help....might.

This is a huge discussion point in our family, there very few situations in which we will be handling over any of our guns, and none in which I would handle over all. I have told my wife as long as we have been together" when they come to the door for my guns take the kids out a window" she is just starting to believe me! One of my kids actually was subjected we buy a few cheap derringers we can conceal very well in case we are in a situation in which we do truly need to get on a transport or enter a shelter and we need to handle over the weapons we used to get there, after burying the rest in the back yard.

We will NOT be going into any "shelters" for any reason. Have no desire or reason to do so. Nor will we allow our family members and like minded close friends to be subjected to "shelters", it is WHY we stick together. Where we currently live I do not see law enforcement having the capacity (or the will) to try and confiscate firearms from people, unless of course they are committing violent predation. Traveling is another matter, all the more reason to drive and stay extremely low profile. As much as it pains m, we do have several politically correct magnets for our vehicles when we are in "enemy territory" politically speaking. Keeps us off the "being noticed" radar with out-of-state plates. When I was in law enforcement, I never once, confiscated a single firearm from a lawful person, even when they did not have a ccw permit. (statute of limitations LONG since expired) Saw no reason to prevent a good person from being able to protect themselves, because a few douchebags in Sacramento (with police protection) said they were "evil" for considering personally owned firearms. If

Dianne Fienstein can have a ccw permit IN San Francisco, I wasn't about to arrwst/confiscate firearms com good decent

people. It was just my way of leveling the political correctness field of muck. I was not alone in doing that either.