Sign in to follow this  
AUSurvivalmum

Hi from AUS

Hi,

I'm new on here and found this while researching.

I have finally made the push from just talking about getting ready for whatever may happen to actually doing and much to my delight my family is getting on board.

I am an inactive Mormon so was first introduced to the idea of food storage and 72 hour packs back in my early 20's. With that basic knowledge and the knowledge of where to start looking for resources we are getting prepared.

We are renovating and have changed our plans from what we had to being sustainable where we are in terms of vegie patch, water storage and power availability. At the same time we're starting our food/supplies storage as well as our camping (bug out) set up with our 4x4, this is what got my husband the most excited, getting permission to go spend some money on boys toys. Living in Australia the gun laws are stricter but as I am all for being able to defend my family. Our loop hole that works on so many levels is we have started to look for rural land to buy so that we can just enjoy camping on the weekends as well as have a locatin to go to. If we get the right size and location of property we will also be permitted to own rifles for hunting.

There is so much info out there though it's easy to get overwhelmed with what to have and where to start. In reading your website I've found that you break it down to the basics whilst still giving really good in depth info. I look forward to learning and sharing on this journey.

Thanks

Hi,

:) Vegemite is a sandwich paste that is made from yeast extract., It's dark brown and has quite a unique taste. Not for everyone but is an extremely high source of Vit B12 however it does have a high salt content.

Hope I helped :)

Hmmm, that paste sounds like oyster sauce. No yeast though.

Welcome...