Sign in to follow this  
excoastie

Knives

Hi everyone, besides selling real estate, I am a knife maker. I am not a high volume, high overhead knife maker. I am just a retired Coastie whose health is deteriorating rapidly and walking is very difficult (long story but very small cars and telephone poles do not mix).

Anyway, I am giving away a knife to one member of the site. I am paying the shipping. All you have to do is find the thread (Cap’n Bart started the thread), post the word “IN” and wait a week. I’ll pick the winner at random.

However, if you want one made for you, the way you want it, please drop me a PM. I will give everyone here a 10% discount on their knife (knives). The prices I quote also include shipping. Again, I do this as a hobby to keep my mind and hands occupied. I am not in it to make millions (not that I’d mind, though). I can send pictures so you can judge my work.

So, if you’re interested, drop me a note and we can talk.

Hey all, I want to post pictures of a few knives that are up for sale. If you want one, please drop me a line. As always, members here receive a 10% discount and my prices include shipping. Also, all blades will be polished before shipment. If you buy one I’ll clean the blade and send you a picture of the final product.

post-2393-13851498201311_thumb.jpg

post-2393-13851498201207_thumb.jpg

Tinder, I sell them for $50 plus shipping. So for the folks here it’s $45 and that includes shipping. I ship in one of those First Class Mailing Boxes that the USPS recommends. They usually arrive within three days of shipping.

As for payment, I take checks. I find that most preppers are people that honor their words and that I trust their ‘handshake’.

Also, I love your paracord work. Are you game for a trade? I know that I certainly am. Your work is top notch!

Edited by excoastie

Hey Ex I'm looking at the set of knifes that have 9 showing I interested in see the first 4 of them could you send me some bigger pictures of them I would like to buy one for me and my grandson, he is only 4 but by the time he is old enough to handle one I think it would be a great present for him after I explain the history behind it. Thanks

Hey Ex I'm looking at the set of knifes that have 9 showing I interested in see the first 4 of them could you send me some bigger pictures of them I would like to buy one for me and my grandson, he is only 4 but by the time he is old enough to handle one I think it would be a great present for him after I explain the history behind it. Thanks

very cool indeed

Wally, if you mean the orange one, you have great taste! That thing is beautiful. It looks better in person. It looks like it is plastic but believe me, it’s wood! Will send pictures and my e-mail.

Rick, I’ll send my e-mail to you. The site made me shrink to 100 X 100. Also, I am fairly inept at posting pictures. I’ll send my e-mail and pictures.

Nobody, first off, do you know that you won the free knife? Also, I make skinners, fillet knives, etc. The third picture is some of my ‘general purpose’ knives. But send me a link to a knife you like and I’ll tell you if I can do it.

Ruger, I’ll do my best to send picture. I forgot to say that the Damascus blades are a little more expensive because they are Damascus. Don’ worry though, I will not put the ‘premium’ on them that I do to regular buyers. Membership has its privileges.

Hey folks, I figured out that I can only send you pictures using a web site. So I included my Facebook page with the pictures. If you send you e-mail, I’ll send more. I am including my e-mail address with the pictures I send.

Rick, I'll send a link explaining Damascus.

Okay guys, the site will not let me e-mail any more pictures. So, please PM me with your e-mail and I'll send them directly to you. Sorry for the problem but I am not too e-mail smart! Also, unless you tell me otheerwise, youe e-mail address will be erased immediately after we are done. TJ

Hey guys, I just remember that I took pictures of how I dye and stabilized wood scales (knife handles). This just shows the work done just to prepare the wood before I even start working on the knife. I hope you like it. Ask questions if you have them. Who knows, maybe someone else will start this hobby!

Hey guys, I just remember that I took pictures of how I dye and stabilized wood scales (knife handles). This just shows the work done just to prepare the wood before I even start working on the knife. I hope you like it. Ask questions if you have them. Who knows, maybe someone else will start this hobby!

love these pics too.

Those look great coastie! ok so the three that I am interested in are the two daggers on the left hand side that are red and tealish blue..NOT the ones with the hearts but the ones that have the swirls in the blade. Then the one between the two orange handled knives on the left hand side of the picture. It has a green handle with some orange stripes and looks like it has a finger placement dip in the blade just before the handle. I probably won't be able to get all three but those are the ones I really like. What do you want to do per knife in terms of trade?ok I just found two more that I like....jesus do you have to be so good at this??? One is called #17 and the other is entitled "i coudldn't remove the nick"...ok now I"m done, what are your terms sir