Sign in to follow this  
DrBonesNurseAmy

An open letter to doctors about preparedness

This is a letter that any person concerned about disaster situations can present to their physician. It addresses issues associated with the possible inadequacy of emergency medical response in situations such as the aftermath of a major storm or other disasters. Feel free to print it and present it to your family physician if you think it would be beneficial to have them better understand preparedness issues.

http://www.doomandbloom.net/2012/06/an-open-letter-to-doctors-about-preparedness.html

dr. bones

I am glad you thought of that...everyone should offer a copy to their Doctor. I know not all will respond positivly but everyone seems to have more than one doc these days so the chances are good of finding some with common sense. The smart ones will create their own personal hand outs for their patients in addition to any help they provide to the individual.

The militaries Physician's Assistants that they have replaced our Doctors with laughed and thought it was a joke when I said it is actually serious they said they could handle whatever comes up so I do not need to worry about it. I actually was kinda hoping Mt Rainier would pop as I headed out the door just to show those smug dumb ass's.