Sign in to follow this  
ImBuggingOutMan

New guy from Cleveland Ohio

Hello sir's and ma'am's,

My name is John, I've been in the prepping/survivalist mindset for a few years now.

Being on a tight budget it's slow going but I'm happy with it and it gives me a sense of security.

I have a nice little collection of firearms and knives, enough to feel confident if I had to pack up and head northwest.

I look forward to learning alot from everyone here, I trolled the forums for a week or so before deciding to join in on the fun. I have no mastered skills to offer but a general idea on almost everything.

I am an amatuer leather worker, I've made all my own sheaths and a holster for the revolver, soon I'll start working on a rifle sling and a butt stock shell carrier for the mossberg. As well as some small carrying bags and pouches.

That's enough to start off I suppose, thanks in advance for the knowledge everyone

Welcome to the forum John. Nice leatherwork, as I tinker myself mostly on Native American and Colonial/Mountainman Crafts. Look forward to your comments.

As for "no mastered skills".... welcome to the club. I have over 20 years in the drywall trade but still learn. Anyone who says they have it mastered is fooling themselves and can be a liability in a situation. I'll choose the guy that wants to learn and work hard for the knowledge over the guy who thinks they know it all and is unwilling to take initiative and keep upgrading their skill sets. I've learned so much from the People on this site, I can't Thank them enough and only hope my contributions can help someone also.

Regulator- I appreciate your welcome, and your compliment to my work.I completely agree with your comment about "masters of trades or skills". I try to learn something everyday wether it be hands on carpentry work or just viewing videos and reading online about different things. I love this site for the reviews, gear updates and, actual people and the knowledge/ideas they have to offer.

Rod-Thank you very much for your compliment, many people don't understand or appreciate the old ways of leather craft. I'm actually quite new to the whole concept but it's the first thing I've actually had a connection with in the arts an crafts world.