Sign in to follow this  
Capt Bart

Excess and giveaway

If you have items that are excess to your needs or that you wish to give away, list them here. Asking for help with shipping costs is OK but please no 'for sale' here, that goes in the buy, sale, trade forum.

Thanks

Thanks Cap’n, let’s kick this thing off in style…

To all, as a pastime I make custom knives. I don’t really do it for profit but more for something to do. On another thread I was going to give a custom made boot knife to a member because I felt like he needed a ‘pick me up’. Well, I nearly feel on my sword on that one! Thankfully, Wally pointed out that the member to whom I planned to give the knife was under 18 years of age. I cannot thank Wally enough!!!

So now I am ‘stuck’ with a boot knife that I made to give away and I cannot give it to a minor. So here is the deal – I will select, at random, the winner of this boot knife. All I need you to do reply to this thread with the word – IN. I will let the thread stay open for seven days. At midnight of the 7th day, I will select a winner. I will contact the winner via a PM and request the winner’s mailing address. I will ship the knife to that person.

No strings attached. You don’t need to buy anything. If you are selected as the winner, you get the knife. If you have question, please PM me. Also, by posting IN, you are certifying that you are at the age of adult... 18+.

Good luck all.

Wally, you are already in, Sir! That’s the least I can do!

I'm always getting Free Brass, being a SRO. So if anyone who is a member here, that lives in the Toronto GTA in CANADA only. Is welcome to get 1,000 pcs of 9mm range brass. PM me with a quote " nine is mine " . It will be given to one person only on the 31st , of July, 2012.

Im IN.

And will send 1/2 pound of bluelake half runners beans, for next season to who ever(one person) promices to share them with thier Neighbors.

Just pm me..

After harvest this year I will share more seeds..

oops..yep Im 58...over 3 times legal.lol

Edited by 101matt

OH the hell with it. it is a real nice piece I was going to stay out of this and let someone a little harder up a better chance but there is not a lot of interest so there are a lot of crazy people on this forum the few who have jumped are the smart ones so I will add my name IN oh by the way 39 yrs old.

Edited by warrior7r

Xplorer I'm in the same boat lol. The knife gave me a good idea though: I do have a garage full of tools, so maybe there's something I can make to give away. I don't know enough to be skilled at making something like a knife, but I bet I could figure out a way to rig a generator out of an old alternator, or something cool like that. I'm not experienced enough to help out a lot on the forum, but that would be a cool way I could put in.

Okay, I think that we have given this enough time. I used a random number generator from the Internet to select the winner. The winner is:

101Matt

Congrats Matt. Please send me your mailing address and I will get it in the mail soon.

I plan to make another knife for my friends here. This time I will give it its own thread (which is what I should have done here. Matt, unfortunately, you will not be entered in the next knife drawing. So, I’d like to know what kind of knife you folks would want.

I make a mean boot knife which most of my friends use as a Sgain Dubh (bagpiper’s sock knife).

I have made a few nice hunting knives with the gut hook. I never use a gut hook but most folks want a gut hook.

One of my first creations was a fillet knife. It is flexible enough to fillet the fish very well.

Then I make a good general purpose knife.

So please, if you guys would give me your input as to what knife I should make and give away next. I plan to use a set of dyed and stabilized wood scales and mosaic pins. I am not sure whether I’ll include a sheath yet but I can tell you where to get a sheath that fits.

I just this evening found this thread! "Oh the things that could have been..."

A great way to stimulate interest, Coastie. You are a generous person. You can't say that about very many folks anymore. Maybe, you could have been a Marine!