Sign in to follow this  
Xplorer

Reloading question

thanks for looking. I bought a complete reloading setup from a co-worker that was retiring & wanted some extra cash. I bought it years ago & due to aquiring some guns which resulted in much brass, I decided that I should start to reload. I have quite a nice selection of dies, bullets & what not, but have no instructions on how to reload. Is there a guide (DVD?) or book that could walk me thru this? My old co-worker moved to another state & is no longer in contact with me.

My advice is, if you belong to a shooting gun range. Ask around & talk to members there, you bound to find someone that reloads their own ammo. Make sure the person has atleast 5 or more years experance doing it. And a thought full gesture would be to buy the person some lunch, a meal of some sort, or a case of beer, etc. For their time in teaching you. Their might be some classes offered in you area that teaches reloading, i'd Call/Email the NRA, they would surely know someone that has classes. Hope this helps.

P210SIG

Edited by P210SIG

both rifle & pistol. I'm headed to my BOL for a few days. When I return will look to see what manuf. & model #'s the reloader is. Have dies for 30.06, .270, .30 (carbine I guess), 7mm mag, 9mm, 41 mag, .38 & .357 mag. Don't have a .41 or a 30.06 & don't really plan on buying any either. I did purchase a reloading manual, so have started the process.

Ok, here's what I got. Hornady Pro-jector progressive reloader. 3 sizes of primers-100,120,& 150. A shell plate listed as a #29 & a #6. Numbers of boxes of bullets for the above mentioned calibers. It has a primer installer (or whatever it's called) & seen someone use that once. I also have 2 other bench mounted type presses. One has JRZ on 1side & the other side has RCBS on it, the other looks simular, but only has a C around a H. Like I said, they both look like presses & mount on a bench. They have lever type handles attached. I also have abit of brass that came with it. Some new & some used.

CH is a great press it is a single stage press means you can do one thing at a time is it an older one that has

different rams or does it have a single ram that accepts shell holders

the other one is a RCBS press very good single stage what has got me confused is you say the look similar?

the CH press if it looks like the RCBS jr then it is an H frame press very expensive in its day

The CH press that is single stage cants backward slightly and is a c frame if it looks like a circle or "O"

it is the H frame.

do either have a primer arm on them you can look up pictures on ebay and find PDF files on the web.

the pro-jector is a progressive here is a link to the PDF file on information you can load with the plates you have

is on page 20 of the PDF file

www.hornady.com/.../metalic-reloading/tools/ProJector.pdf

you need to compare the list and what you have to see if it is complete .

here is their site and it has some instructional videos on it that may help you

http://www.hornady.com/support/instructional-videos

personnally i like to prime my cases on a single stage press but the hornaday is a fine press you can opt to not prime with it and prime with one of the single stage presses and do all the other stages with the hornaday progressive.

keep getting page not found error messages on both links. I'll try my laptop. I'll look at the single stage presses again also. Thanks for the info Snake.

well I tried the links and had the same problem that pisses me off as I copied the site to this forum

look under support although I tried it would not connect a major company with a 2 bit web site.