Sign in to follow this  
mr.smashy

What's in Your Pockets?

What do you generally EDC?

This is my latest pocket dump photo.

5854851543_450a3ffde3.jpg

EDC 6-20-11 by mr.smashy, on Flickr

Clockwise from top left: Personal and work keys (with a 3" titanium rod wrapped in paracord), Surefire L1, Designer cammie wallet my wife gave me, iPhone 4 in Magpul case, Spyderco Sage II Titanium, Metal refillable Sharpie, ANSI rated transition eyeglasses, and Casio solar atomic G-Shock.

I seem to be singularly incapable of properly adding photos to posts and such. I will try again:

Here is a photo of my everyday carry:

post-6-13851497616179_thumb.jpg

Click on the image for a larger image.

Starting in the 12 oclock position and going clockwise:

Pocket holster for Kel Tec

NRA pocket knife

Kel Tec P11

Swiss Army knife

LED flashlight

Small multi-tool

Magnesium fire started

LED Flashlight

Schrade "Old Timer" folder

Casio watch time syncs to WWVW

Whistle with compass, magnifier, and thermometer

Book of Matchs

Bic Lighter (on hoster)

On my belt is a full size Leatherman and a Nuk-Alert radiation detector. In my vest Pocket is 2 pens, notepad, green laser pointer, blade sharpener, second BIC and money clip. Also not shown is pocket aspirin bottle, finger nail clippers, cell phone and wallet. My key ring has two P-38 type can openers to supplement the Swiss Army Knife.

If I go out of the house, I will add one or more concealed carry weapons (usually a .45 Colt Commander and/or an additional backup) plus any special tools for the job at hand.

I'm not paranoid, the whole world really is out to get me!:rolleyes: I learned early on that if you didn't have it on you, you didn't have it. Since I take my responsibility as husband and father to protect and provide for my family extremely seriously, I try to always have with me the minimum stuff I need for that role. It's why I don't expect to ever be stuck without the things I have on me but the military helped me learn that I can start with nothing and still survive as I build my kit from the ground up. Your number one survival tool is that thing that holds your ears apart. As long as that is working, you will survive if survival is possible.

Usually just lint and a very empty wallet.

j/k except my wallet is totally empty

I carry a craftsman folding box cutter I got for $8 and love to abuse. I have titanium replacement blades cuz I'm fancy.

I also carry a small flashlight that marlboro was kind enough to send me.(I don't even smoke ciggarettes, marketing failed!!!!corperate fat cats, etc. and so forth.

I do not currently have FID/Pistol permit and It has nothing to do with being broke or lazy.

Sometimes I keep a knife hidden on my back, but only if it seems like things could get funky.

back up this and that in car and home and BOB and everywhere else. I like to travel light, or I forget things, can't remember which.

DefaultHuman,

You might consider adding a flashlight and/or a whistle next. Light in a suddenly darkened room is wonderful and it has happened often enough that I keep a light on or near me 24X7. The thing about the whistle is that it is a more effective signalling device that just yelling and you can do it for a longer time. If I ever get trapped in the rubble of a building or lost in the woods, that whistle can be priceless.

post-750-13851497618532_thumb.jpg

Wow- Glad to find some like minded folks. For me, keep in mind that concealed carry WILL BECOME law for the first time in Wisconsin next month. However, open carry is legal.

First, let me preface this that the correct kind of clothing to carry all of this stuff is essential. For me, it's the 5.11 Covert Tactical pants and shirt, which is beyond awesome because you can still look good, but essentially be wearing BDU's (which always makes me a happy guy). Also,

Aside from my carry, I wear a heavy duty leather NRA pistol belt. Inside the many Covert Tactical pockets I carry and extra XD mag (the pants are specifically designed for that); leatherman, Sog 2" Sog twitch (with change in left pocket) Droid x, with Google maps and flashlight app; Citizen Eco-Drove solar powered watch; SOG Trident; Keys with mag reloader, Para-cord, Scan disk. . and keys to my Cummins Diesel Ram: also 550 chord braclet, Safety glass-glasses; Wallet. Thanks guys for posting, I totally see I'm missing fire starting apparatus as well as a more reliable flashlight.

Edited by EmorySr

post-126-13851497618684_thumb.jpg

Droid 2

TriFold Wallet (with handcuff key and 2' of Duct Tape in it)

Survival Strap (Not in pocket, but on wrist)

Gerber Bear Grylls Scout

Swiss Army Tinker

Car Keys with 7-in-one utili-key

Edited by Delta7
Spelling

post-755-13851497618967_thumb.jpg

EDC: This was today and is typical. The large folder changes occasionally and sometimes I will leave the camera at home or in the car and just use the two on the EVO.

Here is the list:

ROCK’S EDC: 09/16/11. 1) Worth Cigars 2) Pilot Precise V5 RT Pen 3) Jet Torch Lighter 4) Slide-It Lighter 5) 4Sevens Quark Mini 123 Flashlight (205 Lumens) 6) HTC EVO 7) Cold Steel XL Voyager 8) Uncle Mike’s Pocket Holster 9) Taurus M85 .38 Special 10) Daily RX 11) Spare 123 Batteries 12) Business Cards 13) Wallet 14) Bottle Opener 15) Handcuff Key 16) 4GB USB Drive w/documents 17) Whistle 18) iNova Light 19) SwissTech MultiTool 20) Victorinox Tinker 21) Monkey Fist 550 Paracord Keychain with 3/4” SS Ball 22) Cottonelle Wipes 23) 2 Spare Phone Batteries 24) Eyeglass wipes NOT SEEN: Canon PowerShot SD1200 IS 10MB Camera

I wear cargo shorts year round!

Edited by Rock
typo

Handcuff keys:

1) If you have a CCW, or just a firearm in your home or vehicle, you should keep at least one set of handcuffs handy. Many a police officer or soldier has been killed by someone they thought was dead. If you can't legally and safely immediately vacate the area after shooting someone, say a home invasion defensive shooting, handcuff them, watch them vigilantly, or tie them up.

2) Not all cops are good guys and it isn't just the good guys who have handcuffs. Be prepared.

Taping a handcuff key to the inside of your belt (in the back) isn't a bad idea either. You can buy handcuff keys that are almost universal for two or three dollars on-line or at most police supply or Army/Navy supply stores.

I figured that the key was for handcuffs but I assumed that any halfway-competent cop would not let you keep your keys (my brother in law is a county cop). I like the idea about taping it to the belt. Rock: I'd never considered the need to possibly handcuff a bad guy in a home invasion scenario - Great advice.

I figured that the key was for handcuffs but I assumed that any halfway-competent cop would not let you keep your keys (my brother in law is a county cop). I like the idea about taping it to the belt. Rock: I'd never considered the need to possibly handcuff a bad guy in a home invasion scenario - Great advice.

Remember it may be more than one bad guy, especially post-SHTF. Zip cuffs are cheap, life is not.

Zip cuffs are cheap, life is not.

Rock,

very true and zip cuffs (zip ties sized to do duty as a cuff) are difficult to "open" without a blade. An additional advantage is that they don't flag attention from TSA as some kind of restraint. Friends in the airline business carry them to "secure" loose objects since it would be illegal to for non-law enforcement officers to have cuffs on an airplane.

Rock,

very true and zip cuffs (zip ties sized to do duty as a cuff) are difficult to "open" without a blade. An additional advantage is that they don't flag attention from TSA as some kind of restraint. Friends in the airline business carry them to "secure" loose objects since it would be illegal to for non-law enforcement officers to have cuffs on an airplane.

If someone uses zip ties to secure me, I am out of them the first chance I get. Please see the this link:

How to Escape from Zip Ties.

I see some sore wrists in my near future. Gotta try that! For a college student on a tight budget, what is a decent option in a home defense situation where the bad guy is down but not out for the count and you need to make sure he's secured until law enforcement arrives (besides the obvious "move and its the last thing you'll ever do." option)?

I see some sore wrists in my near future. Gotta try that! For a college student on a tight budget, what is a decent option in a home defense situation where the bad guy is down but not out for the count and you need to make sure he's secured until law enforcement arrives (besides the obvious "move and its the last thing you'll ever do." option)?

A $20 pair of cuffs that double lock. S&W M100s.

If someone uses zip ties to secure me, I am out of them the first chance I get. Please see the this link:

How to Escape from Zip Ties.

I think if someone has shot you and hurt you bad enough to think you are dead, they might be a tad tougher to get free from. Thanks for the link though. I hadn't seen it for a while.