Sign in to follow this  
readytogo1955

Living off the grid in one of this,or maybe just living in one.

You would definitely be close to your family if you all lived in 76 square feet! LOL The first home, I just thought, "Oh, it's basically an RV."

I like the idea, but then again, I like lots of odd housing choices. I still think I'd prefer a shipping container or even a yurt to the ones featured there, though.

I used to own a 26 foot camper trailer with slide outs. It was very nice, and for about nine months (I was a high school teacher for a short period of time) I lived in it although it wasn't purchased for that express purpose. I went back to my house on the weekends, but during the week it wasn't too bad. A couple of caveats are that I was always ill with some type of upper respiratory problem which ultimately led to my selling it (was tired of it), and although utilities were cheap the air or heat was always running. They're not built to maintain a solid temperature well.

I could live A LONE in a mini house, but I wouldn't want to know it was my ONLY home.

Arkfan30 brings up a great point,Air circulation is needed for a healthy body,and vacation trailors are not made for long term...GLUE is the most used in holding everthing togeather in this type of living structure!!

I remember Formaldehyde in certain building products in the 70s and 80s..oh wait that causes cancer!!

so be carefull..

Look at the 'Cabin' section and you will find tons of easy desighns..

I like the egg too...