Sign in to follow this  
readytogo1955

Best way to be found

Ready,

YEP, sure can make some noise, IF the can has air in it. I worry about leakage of the propellent in things like this. One of the reasons I carry a whistle is that as long as I'm breathing, the propellent gas is available. Also a whistle is easy to keep in a pocket, this isn't.

I'm not saying I think it is bad; I'm just wondering if it is something like a cigarette lighter that may fail you if you're not very careful to keep it fully charged.

Ready,

YEP, sure can make some noise, IF the can has air in it. I worry about leakage of the propellent in things like this. One of the reasons I carry a whistle is that as long as I'm breathing, the propellent gas is available. Also a whistle is easy to keep in a pocket, this isn't.

I'm not saying I think it is bad; I'm just wondering if it is something like a cigarette lighter that may fail you if you're not very careful to keep it fully charged.

I`m with you,a whistle is is always in my gear bag,but I have heard this in a forest and it makes lots of noise and in a cayon lots of echo,normaly you will used this when you hear the

rescuers coming for you.