Sign in to follow this  
Shawn

New guy from pa

Im not exactly new here but havent put an official intro for myself. I currently live in Pikes County Pa but am from Sussex County, NJ originally. I got interested in prepping after Hurricane Irene knocked my power out for almost a week. Ive learned a lot since Ive been here but still have a long way to go.

Shawn, welcome! A hurricane helps people learn. We got hit with a tornado and then an eight day power outage. Next thing I knew, my wife started laying in supplies and making sure the generator had gas! Welcome aboard!!

Thanks! I went to high school in Mass. My family is originally from there. I wish I could get my wife that onboard! lol she understands me prepping at least so its a start.

Welcome aboard Shawn, new guy here as well and really digging the site and tons of info. Hey if she's a reader maybe reading one of the books might help with your wife, it was a game changer for my g/f and now she's totally onboard with me....sometimes even moreso LOL. So far my favorite has been Lights Out.

LOL 101matt I tried that when we had the hurricane. Power out for almost a week. After 2 days she left! Plus she has the "it couldnt possibly happen again" attitude sometimes. Very frustrating but she doesnt argue with me prepping so thats a start I guess. Ill try some books with her. Ive printed articles from Survivalcache before with little success.