Sign in to follow this  
TheDefaultHuman

The Walking Dead ~ Zombie Talk in General

I am afraid so. All of the tell tale signs are there...... they wander around not doing a thing, they are depending on someone else to feed them and they also want every last drop of blood from your body. Also, their approval rating is about the same.....no one likes them but they can not figure out a good way to get rid of them. Yes, all of the signs are there.

Strangely enough, this all makes sense...

Shane needs a 9mm in the back of the head. Its great seeing herschel do some shooting and coming out of his shell, I thought it was great how he verbally B#$%^ slapped shane in the house. I am tired of ricks wife trying to do these things on her own when she can't and I was sort of rooting for the zombie to get through the windshield just a bit faster. Her huge mistake was that she didn't put her revolver in her pocket so that when she had the accident it would have been on her person, how the hell do you roll a car like that??? she should have just hit the damn thing and kept on rolling.

ok guys as for the moment, my cable is out. where on the net can i watch the new season W/O getting ad-ware or viruses??? oh and w/o sighning up for something too.

I would like to know the answer to this as well just because I'm sick of paying for cable but then again I don't want to pay for anything. Rick I could tape the show with my phone and PM it to you=)

I really like the show, but as a long-time writer and zombie nut, I've been getting disappointed. I'm aware that it's a drama, but frankly it just feels like most of the show in the last season was drawn-out with filler and I'm not sure if this season will be different. I mean, how many episodes have they spent doing little more than sitting around the farm letting tensions boil? Half of the plot points that do come up are petty, short-term things which are only there to fill up smaller amounts of time within each episode and which don't require the characters to go through any difficult (or interesting) changes.

I think the writers are either a little lost, or they're dragging the show out for maximum revenue. If I watch it live, during just one commercial break I can take a leak, make a sandwich, grab a beer, and see several commercials.

I get it: if the Zeds came tomorrow, life would be difficult and personal relationships would be tried. Now could somebody PLEASE get their face torn off so something interesting can happen already?!

Shane needs a 9mm in the back of the head. Its great seeing herschel do some shooting and coming out of his shell, I thought it was great how he verbally B#$%^ slapped shane in the house. I am tired of ricks wife trying to do these things on her own when she can't and I was sort of rooting for the zombie to get through the windshield just a bit faster. Her huge mistake was that she didn't put her revolver in her pocket so that when she had the accident it would have been on her person, how the hell do you roll a car like that??? she should have just hit the damn thing and kept on rolling.

It seems that it is always the female who makes a stupid mistake and tries to act like a macho-man. I guess the writers try to make the woman look stupid in these types of stories. There is never a clear command and control structure that they follow. They sure do not follow any type of protocol and it seems that everyone goes off on their own, which is bad enough but they do not bother to tell anyone. Who is in control? In any type of high stress or dangerous situation, if I tell my wife to stay put then that is what I expect her to do. She is hard headed but she still trusts my judgement in these types of situations. I would always give her additional instructions as to "what if" and where to meet up. But I guess real life is not as interesting as some writer's fantasy.

There are certainly times when I defer to her ideas.

finally caught up with this series. My favorite character is Daryl! I checked the time on most of the episodes and its about 40 to 44 minutes. I can over look most of the dumb things these ppl do, except the tents. Do you really want to sleep in a tent when there are zombies around? Come on they had a big dodge van with lots of seats in it. That thing HAD to be safer than a tent.

finally caught up with this series. My favorite character is Daryl! I checked the time on most of the episodes and its about 40 to 44 minutes. I can over look most of the dumb things these ppl do, except the tents. Do you really want to sleep in a tent when there are zombies around? Come on they had a big dodge van with lots of seats in it. That thing HAD to be safer than a tent.

Terrance, it is O.K. Zombies do not know how to work the zipper on a tent flap. And, the people inside are just as smart as the Zombies.

We need a new word for sacrificing another person to the zombies so one can make good an escape (ie- what Shane did to Otis and what I think Rick will do to Shane in next episode)..

My thoughts:

Shane-a-fied

Otisized

We need a new word for sacrificing another person to the zombies so one can make good an escape (ie- what Shane did to Otis and what I think Rick will do to Shane in next episode)..

My thoughts:

Shane-a-fied

Otisized

He Shaned him.

Hes off the island.

I dont get the whole Oits thing. Shane does what he has to do to get the surgery supplies to the stupid kid and his mother beats him over the head about it. If Shane had not got the supplies back she would have beat him over the head about that, he cant win.

The reason Otis died is a very good lesson to all of us preppers, HE WAS FAT AND OUT OF SHAPE WHEN THE SHTF. You will not survive if your fat and / or have some sort of serious medical condition, sounds cold but you dont see many fat people in areas of the world where they live off the land (ie. African tribes ect.) You break your leg and you might be done, you have have to run more then 100 yards and then shoot you might be done ect. if your out of shape then your chances are low.

I see it all the time at the Sheriff's Office I work for. We go to the range 2 times a year to shoot. We have to run from the 100 yard line to the 7 yard line and put two to the chest and one to the head. You should see some of the 20 year guys, they are so out of shape that they half walk / jog to the 7 yard line then miss with the two chest and one head shot. After that they holster their gun and put thier hands on thier knees and suck wind for 10 mintues, it would be funny if not so pathitic.

Shane did not kill Otis, Otis killed himself years before the SHTF by his poor diet / excersise habits.

I hope the writers aren't running out of ideas, I love zombie flicks and so far I am getting my fix here. They should fish some of these sites for new ideas or just to be more realistic.

If they got ideas from our site then it would scare the general public to death. It would no longer be a fun show but a documentary. At least this way we can see how stupid these people are and feel good that we have better sense. I look at it as kind of a training vid. of what not to do.

Guest survival101

LMAO. Why didn't I read this thread earlier. "Dispatch" and "Off" may be the words you're looking for. Shane-a-fied is just too complex.... Right Shane?

Is it a bad sign when your spouse asks if you have what it takes to off strangers or your beloved ones if they become "zombied" in a TEOTWAWKI zombie type situation?

I'm wondering if there is a room at the funny farm with my name on it.... Should I be saying no?

ok thought i would jump in here. first i love the show. wife and i are hooked. The series is based on a comic book series. From a couple of comic book collectors that i work with i have been told that the series is staying true to the stories line in the comics.

Ok so Otis was overweight. He had a big heart. He was generally concerned with the boy he shot. He didnt deserve to be shot and left behind by Shane. Shane is only out for himself. He is a lose cannon that will jeopardize the entire group. As evil as Shane is I believe that Lori is worse. She will twist and turn everything to her liking. A true puppet master if you will.

I dont want to spoil anything but i believe there is going to be a war of sorts. This ought to provide us with some storyline to banter around and about.

ok thought i would jump in here. first i love the show. wife and i are hooked. The series is based on a comic book series. From a couple of comic book collectors that i work with i have been told that the series is staying true to the stories line in the comics.

Ok so Otis was overweight. He had a big heart. He was generally concerned with the boy he shot. He didnt deserve to be shot and left behind by Shane. Shane is only out for himself. He is a lose cannon that will jeopardize the entire group. As evil as Shane is I believe that Lori is worse. She will twist and turn everything to her liking. A true puppet master if you will.

I dont want to spoil anything but i believe there is going to be a war of sorts. This ought to provide us with some storyline to banter around and about.

Very true sir, I think lori was become twisted a bit and she will be the reason the war has become.

There is definately going to be a split in their community. Too many hard feelings to ignore and they seem to care more about being right than sharing a common goal. I loved the part where Rick had those zombies on top of him and he shot thru one to get another one...now thats what I call acting!!!!!

There is definately going to be a split in their community. Too many hard feelings to ignore and they seem to care more about being right than sharing a common goal. I loved the part where Rick had those zombies on top of him and he shot thru one to get another one...now thats what I call acting!!!!!
That was good stuff. I wouldve left shane there though. That jackass better get eaten or shot next week.

Otis was a fat man. No doubt there. But I think he could have made it if Shane hadn't freaked out. And Rick still has too much good in him to do that to Shane. Lori is having an affect on him though. He may change a bit next week though when it comes to the new guy. On a lighter note, I have told a few people I know (but would rather not), "When the zombies are chasing us, I'm shooting you in the knee."