Sign in to follow this  
readytogo1955

What happens when you run out of coffee?.

i take it you like your coffee huh snake.

I love Ice tea in the summer but on a cool morning coffee is what fires up the boiler I have a lot of coffee instant and

if your going to go through all the expense vac sealed bricks they are excellent as long as they are sealed they are good as fresh

I hate the fact that during this time {prepping} everything is no packaged it crap it's not even fresh on the shelf.

this just in time distribution method is crap as are new packing methods pop top cans that's for beer and things that

fly off the shelf not for stuff that may sit on a shelf in your home for a year or more.

I like lipton family tea bags I got 5 large boxes in a vacuum bag and crackers packed the same way coffee is the best

stay awake drug that lasts in a proper container energy drinks and supplements just are too dangerous I do not know

the shelf life nor how stable the components are over time.

I don't drink coffee every day but nothing replaces it except coke I make my own have a 5 pound co2 bottle & gauge set

with a carbonator with a quick release coupling I use the soda stream mix and 40 psi of pressure in used 2 liter bottles

I buy a few and save the bottles I can carbonate any juice or beverage numerous times I can carry the equated amount of

9 - 2 liter bottles of coke in a bottle no bigger than your fist I also like the ginger ale

is it cheaper not really a bit but you can control how much mix you do not have to haul 2 liters from the store and it saves

so many plastic bottles I do care about the environment in as much as I can but I am not paying 40 grand for an eco vehicle

OK, I KNOW from personal experience that 36 to 50 cups of coffee a day for 15 years or so results in something called Caffeine Poisoning. When the doc found out how much I was drinking he nearly had a heart attack! I'd drink a 12 cup pot just before bed (after draining a 36 cup pot during the day) and sleep like a baby. At doctor's orders I've cut way back; I'm down to 12 to 15 cups a day now.:P

As part of a retreat once I fasted from everything except water with a few electrolytes added. 24 hours without coffee results in a 'caffeine' headache that rivals a Migraine (I've had both so I do know) and it lasts several days. My family has insisted that I can NOT give up caffeine for Lent! It is too tough on them.:rolleyes: I have substantial supplies of coffee, tea and caffeinated drinks! Just a word of advice, if you've got to cut out coffee, do it SLOWLY. The folks around you will live longer that way. I'm just saying ......

Oh, Excedrin is one of the few pain pills that helps caffeine headaches. It is basically what the Army called an ACP and contains caffeine. It makes the pain med more effective and the little jolt of caffeine helps with the withdrawal.

Caffeine is a vasoconstrictor. It makes blood vessels smaller, and when you take it a lot, via drinks for example, your vessels natrually remain smaller with one of the side effects being increased blood pressure. When you stop taking caffeine and it clears from the receptors the vessels begin to dilate. In the brain, the vessels dilate and push against the brain tissue. The brain doesn't hurt, but the vessels do. What you feel is the pressure from blood vessels swelling against the inside of your brain. Taking the Excedrin gives them some constriction and makes them a bit smaller, and then you have the analgesic affect of the acetaminophen as well as the aspirin along with some anti inflammatory affects as well.

OK, I KNOW from personal experience that 36 to 50 cups of coffee a day for 15 years or so results in something called Caffeine Poisoning. When the doc found out how much I was drinking he nearly had a heart attack! I'd drink a 12 cup pot just before bed (after draining a 36 cup pot during the day) and sleep like a baby. At doctor's orders I've cut way back; I'm down to 12 to 15 cups a day now.:P

As part of a retreat once I fasted from everything except water with a few electrolytes added. 24 hours without coffee results in a 'caffeine' headache that rivals a Migraine (I've had both so I do know) and it lasts several days. My family has insisted that I can NOT give up caffeine for Lent! It is too tough on them.:rolleyes: I have substantial supplies of coffee, tea and caffeinated drinks! Just a word of advice, if you've got to cut out coffee, do it SLOWLY. The folks around you will live longer that way. I'm just saying ......

You are "THE MAN"...Im bringing coffee if I ever get to Texas..

Ok so this holiday I put togeather a mix for myself and my nurses at work.

2/3rds reg coffee..1/3 Gevalia kaffe chocolate mocha...............................

OH MY GOODness.....talk about drinking the best stuff..BBBBBBBBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..

Caffeine is a vasoconstrictor. It makes blood vessels smaller, and when you take it a lot, via drinks for example, your vessels natrually remain smaller with one of the side effects being increased blood pressure. When you stop taking caffeine and it clears from the receptors the vessels begin to dilate. In the brain, the vessels dilate and push against the brain tissue. The brain doesn't hurt, but the vessels do. What you feel is the pressure from blood vessels swelling against the inside of your brain. Taking the Excedrin gives them some constriction and makes them a bit smaller, and then you have the analgesic affect of the acetaminophen as well as the aspirin along with some anti inflammatory affects as well.

.......sounds less fun when ya put it that way....:P

I've never been hooked on any one type of beverage. I personally like herbal teas such as, hibiscus, green tea, clover, cinnamon, ginger, and many others. They have health benefits so as a Certified Master Herbalist I plant and grow as many of them as I can and of course store them. There are so many herbs and even fruit tree whose leave have medicinal effect it just make sense to drink them. Your body will thank you for it. For diabetic cinnamon and ginger. Those who have high or even low blood pressure should store and drink Hibiscus. If you have high blood pressure drink hibiscus HOT and if your blood pressure is low drink it cold. Green tea is your super anti-oxidant and excellent for those who are overweight as it is a appetite suppressor as well.

I've never been hooked on any one type of beverage. I personally like herbal teas such as, hibiscus, green tea, clover, cinnamon, ginger, and many others. They have health benefits so as a Certified Master Herbalist I plant and grow as many of them as I can and of course store them. There are so many herbs and even fruit tree whose leave have medicinal effect it just make sense to drink them. Your body will thank you for it. For diabetic cinnamon and ginger. Those who have high or even low blood pressure should store and drink Hibiscus. If you have high blood pressure drink hibiscus HOT and if your blood pressure is low drink it cold. Green tea is your super anti-oxidant and excellent for those who are overweight as it is a appetite suppressor as well.
Thanks DM,I'll try the hibiscus for my high blood pressure.