Sign in to follow this  
Regulator5

Kindle Help

Ok, my wife has a Kindle Fire and my son has a regular Kindle and we were trying to open PDF files on my wife's... no luck. I went to Amazon's website and read the instructions and then sent to her "Kindle email" but it doesn't show they are there. Anyone can give me advice on what I did wrong would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Simple fix: Get a Nook!

lol jk...

Have you tried emailing it to yourself and then "downloading" it??? Or going to a direct link on the browser?

Either way works for me....although I'm using a Nook.... (not rubbing it in just asking to see what you've tried)

Ok, my wife has a Kindle Fire and my son has a regular Kindle and we were trying to open PDF files on my wife's... no luck. I went to Amazon's website and read the instructions and then sent to her "Kindle email" but it doesn't show they are there. Anyone can give me advice on what I did wrong would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Reg,

I email a .pdf as an attachment to my Fire. I've even sent multiple .pdf files in one email. They show up in the "Docs" tab of the Fire. They can be put on the favorites shelf but they don't show up in the Books section (even if they are a 'book' in .pdf format). I hope this helps; if you still have a problem, contact the help desk folks, they've been helpful to me in the past.

Oh, BTW I use regular email with the .pdf file attached - the Fire finds it and saves the attached file. I think it does a conversion to a Kindle happy format first but it is all 'auto-magically' done so I don't get involved there. I assume it trashes the rest of the email as I've never seen it.

Edited by Capt Bart