Sign in to follow this  
readytogo1955

the perfect bugout building that some of you may remember,I know I do.

I want one of these in full size..

Canon de Gribeauval

The Canon de 12 Gribeauval was a French 12-pounder cannon used extensively during the French Revolution and Napoleonic Wars. This comprehensive kit reproduces this significant artillery weapon in fine detail. Separate ammunition stowage locker is also included.

Ok I will need a "Hut' to store it in..And yes we kept our tool boxes in ours In Germany,and a wonderfull place to be in the spring,Not the winter!!

LMAO

Thanks, JCMS. That's what I was thinking - they have a great military look, but would they be useful either because they are strong enough to resist an attack or because they are insulated to a point that they'd be great for long-term storage needs? It doesn't sound like it to me.

I'd probably pick a yurt over a Quonset hut.

all I need is a 1,600 to 2,100 gallon concrete septic tank paint the exterior with tar chip or cut a hole for a door

3/4 burial and some exterior piles of dirt to funnel insurgents

have a trap / side door for escape if trapped

All I need is a dry place to sleep and keep gear dry an led light and a fan I am in hog heaven

I can cache food and other things so if forced

to move I can reclaim my bug it can be hidden / camouflaged easier than a home or trailer.

thinking you need the Taj Mahal to bug out in is unsustainable too obvious and worse gives you a sense

of protection that is not realistic.

your going to have to sleep in shifts anyway and the bed can be a grouping of buckets or water barrels

piling rocks and whatever on it only makes it more resistant to penetration.

and if never needed it is a great storm shelter or storage unit.

Snake, I recently watch a show where the main character builds, delivers and installs bunkers. They seem pretty sound but are expensive. They main problem that I see in all buried bunkers is air. Somehow air needs to be circulated throughout the bunker. That means that there is a pipe or some other access to the other side of the dirt pile. In order to force the occupants out of the bunker, all the bad guys would have to do is close the air hole(s) or introduce water to the bunker through that pipe.

You seem to have planned very well for this. How can people get around this weakness? I have thought about it but have yet to reach a solution.