Sign in to follow this  
P210SIG

Hopeless/Helpless neighbours.

Anyone else have them in their hood? Have 4 of them , within 60 paces from my house. One of them moved 1 1/2 years ago, right next to me. Commonsence none what so ever. Today he ask's me, how does one dig to make a garden. Last year he cuts off most of the branches of his apple tree, then questions why he did'nt get any apples. Number one SHEEPLE on the list to kick the bucket, as far as i know.

Edited by P210SIG

My God! It sounds like you aren't just dealing with one of the herd - you've got yourself a Grade A moron, even by common standards! Good luck with that...

Luckily for me, living in an apartment, I don't ever really have to talk to/deal with my neighbors - though I don't doubt that they're probably a bunch of morons, too.

People like your neighbors are why this was said: "Common sense is like deodorant. The people who need it the most never use it."

What is frightening is not just how helpless they'll be when TSHTF, but how much damage they could do right this minute. These are people who can have children, operate vehicles, possibly make significant decisions in their workplaces, VOTE...

Hi OC,

Keep in mind that a society cannot function if everyone is an Alpha Wolf. In fact, society needs far more worker bees proportionally like folks tightening lug-nuts on a Ford, picking fruit, cleaning hotel rooms, cashiers, than it needs engineers, generals, company presidents or Thomas Edisons. Not that people who do menial jobs are necessarily dumb, but those with abilities usually capitalize on them.

The strong rule the weak, and the smart rule the strong....just the way it works.

While this dude sounds a couple shovels short of a full load there could be other reasons than Nature's propensity to limit superior intelligence and stunning beauty to a very few:

1. Just a lazy a$$....it's easier to ask someone than study up on it.

2. Man factor: asking for or reading directions is a last resort....learn by failure.

3. Mommy Factor: parents did everything for them, thus the individual never develops the confidence or initiative to learn/do things themselves.

From, the way it sounds however I wouldn't hire this guy to sweep elephant poop at the circus.

In any case, a few months after the S does HTF, you will now contend with the "graduates" who will be a whole magnitude smarter and more dangerous than the clowns that didn't make it....then after the next wave of death, the PHD's......

Wolfe

Edited by Dangerwolfe

This worrys me the most!!

"In any case, a few months after the S does HTF, you will now contend with the "graduates" who will be a whole magnitude smarter and more dangerous than the clowns that didn't make it....then after the next wave of death, the PHD's"

Darwin..waiting for the PHD's...ruthless and dont give a shit!!excepts death as a way of life!!

I have a few neighbors that will "RUN" to the Goverment camps..and TONS of mommy's boys in this area,most living at home with Mommy or Grand Maw!!!!

Its shocking to see graney have a possey of short pants(with underwear showing/Tats that have NO meaning/metal hanging from lips/always 2 other friends around to help) helping her get the 8 packs of soda and snacks they need for gaming!!

JMO..

If grand Dad was alive somebody would get there ass beat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Punks are going to survive and adapt,they could be good workers for a time than have to be delt with in a not so nice way.. stearnley

One of my neighbours is all unicorns and sunshine and lolipops.

He got so upset when I told him one of his cats was a great chipmunk hunter. He said to me(Iwish she wouldnt do that). I try to teach him about instinct and such, but he is beyond that.

One time I paint balled one of his cats for using one of my horse shoe pit as a litter box.

Now maybe all of you see why I am bugging in and avoiding contact even a group of idiots

can get lucky and murder for gain is not out of style in any time place or event.

most people are victims of people they know because they thought they could trust them

or the idea that they had something worth their life had not crossed their mind.

Value is in the eye of the beholder.

This worrys me the most!!

"In any case, a few months after the S does HTF, you will now contend with the "graduates" who will be a whole magnitude smarter and more dangerous than the clowns that didn't make it....then after the next wave of death, the PHD's"

Darwin..waiting for the PHD's...ruthless and dont give a shit!!excepts death as a way of life!!

I have a few neighbors that will "RUN" to the Goverment camps..and TONS of mommy's boys in this area,most living at home with Mommy or Grand Maw!!!!

Its shocking to see graney have a possey of short pants(with underwear showing/Tats that have NO meaning/metal hanging from lips/always 2 other friends around to help) helping her get the 8 packs of soda and snacks they need for gaming!!

JMO..

If grand Dad was alive somebody would get there ass beat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Punks are going to survive and adapt,they could be good workers for a time than have to be delt with in a not so nice way.. stearnley

Hi Matt,

Yes, there will be "high-level" predators after a major SHTF, but I should have qualified my thoughts; these nasty types of folks will be in the minority.....lot more of us than them.

If they want to play rough, then okay, we'll play rough.....;) I might even take out their whole camp with the "poisoned" supplies I have ready for them to "steal" from me.....

I think the key is just be sure to co-ordinate your efforts with others you can trust. We're in this together.

Wolfe

Hi Matt,

Yes, there will be "high-level" predators after a major SHTF, but I should have qualified my thoughts; these nasty types of folks will be in the minority.....lot more of us than them.

If they want to play rough, then okay, we'll play rough.....;) I might even take out their whole camp with the "poisoned" supplies I have ready for them to "steal" from me.....

I think the key is just be sure to co-ordinate your efforts with others you can trust. We're in this together.

Wolfe

DW,

again I strongly urge no one to do the "poisoned supplies" thing. IF everything goes as you've planned and ONLY BGs get hurt you may still have legal issues if it was TSHTF but NOT TEOTWAWKI. If ROL is still around, you could be in serious legal trouble.

If everything does NOT go as planned, you could wind up harming innocents or prisoners of the BGs or your own folks or ??????

Booby traps are always dangerous to everyone and rarely acceptable. They ARE illegal, so I strongly recommend that no one use them.

Just my not so humble opinion, of course, but law is pretty clear on this issue.

DW,

again I strongly urge no one to do the "poisoned supplies" thing. IF everything goes as you've planned and ONLY BGs get hurt you may still have legal issues if it was TSHTF but NOT TEOTWAWKI. If ROL is still around, you could be in serious legal trouble.

If everything does NOT go as planned, you could wind up harming innocents or prisoners of the BGs or your own folks or ??????

Booby traps are always dangerous to everyone and rarely acceptable. They ARE illegal, so I strongly recommend that no one use them.

Just my not so humble opinion, of course, but law is pretty clear on this issue.

Your input is always welcome Captain, and your thoughts are wise.

Such tactic shall only be reserved for TEOTWAWKI, not relatively short term disasters, and yes I have thought about those contingencies you mentioned..... and ways around em ;)

Just to re-assure you, I avoid ANY and ALL illegal activities, furthermore, I advise all of you reading this to do the same. Obey the law until the law is no longer in force or your life is in jeopardy.

That said, in a true TEOTWAWKI, it's going to take more tactics than just shooting bullets to protect what's yours so "study up" now.....

Wolfe

Edited by Dangerwolfe

I think we share the same neighbors. In the last year, our neighborhood was hit by a huge tornado, a huge blizzard that killed power for eight days and a minor flood. Living at the top of a hill, the last one didn’t concern me much.

Before the tornado none of my neighbors were prepared. So, when it hit the fan, they all came to me for the materials they needed. They took tarps, ropes and all kinds of small hand tools. Thus far, none of the tarps or rope has made its way back home. One was so large that it covered my neighbor’s entire roof! What people didn’t know is that the tornado took out two of the three water pumping stations for the town. Had the last pump gone out they would have been in real trouble. I hope they didn’t think I’d give them water, too.

Since these natural disasters, none of my neighbors have taken any steps to prepare for the next one. I have asked. They turned me down. So next time it hits the fan they are getting no help. Maybe then they will ask for help to prepare… but I doubt it.

Excoastie,

Well, you know they'll be back. How much thought have you actually given to how you're going to run them off next time? THat is, After you tell them you cant help, do you expect them to just turn and walk away? Be ready to let em know whats up. From what you have told us, they sound like true helpless ingrate sheeple.

Well it might be what people are trained to do and their hobbies as well. For instances my next door neighbor is an insurance actuarian. Yep i know i would blow my brains out. This guy has zero talents beyond work. He once commented that my AC unit was noisy and needed a belt replaced. I tried to explain that it had no belts only a motor attached to a fan. You guessed it. Deer in the headlights. He once asked me to explain how to use his food disposal unit in the sink. I almost cried. to him self sufficiency is the ability to find help in the yellow pages. Same neighbor sat in his car in the drive way for three hours until the power came back on. His garage door opener would not work and they dont carry door keys. I could go on and write a book. However my point is that if you dont have some thing that would lead you to some level of being self sufficient then you probably wont make it when shtf.

Edited by awake

gg... sry , i was lagged and thought it didnt post. sry for the dbl post

No problem, Navy. I deleted it for you. If you open a post with the "edit Post" there is a "delete" function just below "Reason for Editing" and you can delete your own post. Just hit the delete button and done.

Edited by Capt Bart
additional information.

There will be a lot of people that will be in the TSTL (To Stupid To Live) category. Your and my problem will to be to make sure that they don't drag us down with them. NEVER feed someone that won't feed themselves, NEVER defend someone that won't defend themselves and NEVER offer shelter to someone that can't provide for themselves. It is like keeping pet rats in your grain silo. Sadly, even if you made preparations if you do these things you will eventually find yourself in the TSTL category with them and they will NOT help you.

Anyone else have them in their hood? Have 4 of them , within 60 paces from my house. One of them moved 1 1/2 years ago, right next to me. Commonsence none what so ever. Today he ask's me, how does one dig to make a garden. Last year he cuts off most of the branches of his apple tree, then questions why he did'nt get any apples. Number one SHEEPLE on the list to kick the bucket, as far as i know.

Some people are to stpid to be sucking air1

I think I posted about how our government enables stupid people,

hell they treat them like an endangered species, if you drop one they put you in jail and take away your ROD

I think they ought put a limit on them like every other dumb animal BUT NO!

you know the license should have 3 deer tags and a few for

white tail {under wear hanging out their ass}

spotted night owl { tattooed bikers after dark}

crested dumbass {hoodie wearing gang signing ass}

you should get extra points if any combination occurs to trade against

traffic violations or like the old S&H green stamps get a blender or something.

Edited by juzcallmesnake

NavyVet, excellent question all. Will they return? Absolutely. Will I provide them with necessities? Depends upon the situation being encountered but they have been told that the welfare has been turned off during challenging times. Do I have plans to stop any and all unwanted intrusions to my home? Again, absolutely. I am prepared for many challenges including informing the neighbors that they are unwanted. I believe in having a lot of food stores, water and precious metals including gold, silver and brass. Rest assured, breaking into my home would be a very bad idea and the neighbors know it. Rather than be met with an amazing amount of force they would find a less prepared neighbor on whom to attack.

Today i Know for sure that my next door neighbour is a complete FU@KING MORON for sure & i'll have nothing to do with this stupid son of a Bit@h. He complaned to the Childrens Aid that i was taking my son hunting for groundhogs & felt that i was abuessing my son in doing so. The lady from Childrens Aid told me about this & laughed. She stated it was the neighbour right next door.

Today i Know for sure that my next door neighbour is a complete FU@KING MORON for sure & i'll have nothing to do with this stupid son of a Bit@h. He complaned to the Childrens Aid that i was taking my son hunting for groundhogs & felt that i was abuessing my son in doing so. The lady from Childrens Aid told me about this & laughed. She stated it was the neighbour right next door.

WHo told your nieghbor you guys were going hunting anyway? If no one did, then you know for sure he's not only a useless AHole... But is very nosey as well. Keep the blinds drawn closed on that side of the house... or risk him getting a glimpse of your prep efforts and be publicly labeled a 'Survivalist', and you what that means.