TCC6310

Military Thread

Urban Wolf ..

This one is for you..Warrior song..Please scroll down to videos..

http://www.rakkasan.net/

Best songs and videos I have seen..Thanks Brother..

Yes Capt...we need a couple of 12 pounders..

lol ..your in charge of them..SIR..

I keep threatening to do just that - http://www.cannonsuperstore.com/ - but my lovely bride is not really happy with the idea. She thinks I want it just to ANNOY the HOA! I would not be THAT petty! Annoying the HOA would just be a happy side benefit. :D

Oh, for you bird lovers - http://www.cannonsuperstore.com/30_pound_parrott_cannon.html :rolleyes:

IF I had the money .........

Spent 22 years in the often forgotten service, USCG. Why people think we aren’t a branch of the military baffles me but I don’t get offended as many of my fellow Coasties do. They take life way too seriously.

Started out as an E-1 in 1976, made Chief @ 8 years, CWO @ 12 years and went CWO3 to O-3 for the last three years. I am your basic crusty old Mustang SOB who loved irritating officers. Being a Mustang makes one a ‘Teflon Don’… no one messes with you.

Served five years overseas, Bahamas, Italy, Spain (2 years) and Johnston Atoll (800 miles SW of Honolulu). Was the Commanding Officer of Johnston Atoll and decommissioned the unit. Was in charge of all electronic and radio schools for the CG. Sent to Washington DC as an LT where I was in charge of 15,500 enlisted folks and 2,500 CWOs. Knew my career had ended at DC because I didn’t play well at recess with senior officers.

Spent 22 years in the often forgotten service, USCG. Why people think we aren’t a branch of the military baffles me but I don’t get offended as many of my fellow Coasties do. They take life way too seriously.

Started out as an E-1 in 1976, made Chief @ 8 years, CWO @ 12 years and went CWO3 to O-3 for the last three years. I am your basic crusty old Mustang SOB who loved irritating officers. Being a Mustang makes one a ‘Teflon Don’… no one messes with you.

Served five years overseas, Bahamas, Italy, Spain (2 years) and Johnston Atoll (800 miles SW of Honolulu). Was the Commanding Officer of Johnston Atoll and decommissioned the unit. Was in charge of all electronic and radio schools for the CG. Sent to Washington DC as an LT where I was in charge of 15,500 enlisted folks and 2,500 CWOs. Knew my career had ended at DC because I didn’t play well at recess with senior officers.

aha your the one that closed old johnston atoll down!

Hey, guys.

Just watched a program on Fox where they interviewed a group of extremely seriously injured troops. Quatruple amputees, triple amputees, a man with 85% burns.

Their spirit to survive, to live a good live was just incredible.

Their asking for our support so specialized homes can be built for them. If it's in capacity to help, please consider donating to:

tunnelstotowers.com

woundedwarrior.com

On this special day, let's keep our wounded in mind.

hi all

frige i had a team member ross allen in the nam he was 75th B.he found out about the teams thru training, while with 173.all team members that went to nam,if was being sent to 173,still ended up with mac.we were scouts,but weren't good enough to get horses.we went afoot.our missions were ghosting,tracking.

Hey, guys.

Just watched a program on Fox where they interviewed a group of extremely seriously injured troops. Quatruple amputees, triple amputees, a man with 85% burns.

Their spirit to survive, to live a good live was just incredible.

Their asking for our support so specialized homes can be built for them. If it's in capacity to help, please consider donating to:

tunnelstotowers.com

woundedwarrior.com

On this special day, let's keep our wounded in mind.

i watched that it was incredible...

HAHAHA

I am not the only "Puddle Pirate" here, granted I only have a meager 10 years in and 24 to go...... and yes we are the forgotten service. Semper Paratus

Wally, yes sir, that was me. But I only closed down the Coast Guard assets. The main base was still doing their duty when I left. It was one of the BEST duty stations I ever had. Why? because it's good to be the King! ;)

us navy from 1975 to a few years ago..spent a lot of time in virginia, florida and various hellholes abroad..had to laugh though ..on my 214 they listed me as a diver..funny that...lol . i dove out of a lot of things...lmao. dove into a lot of stuff too...ancient history ..

USAF Security Police, 1974-86, SAC Nuke-Puke, MAC, NKP-Thailand, too many TDYs to Thule, Lakenheath, Ramstein and Embassy flights. Good times except for the several "congressional junkets" with the "elite", sometimes throwing someone out over a large body of water is entirely justified. (rhetorically speaking of course)

USMC 1991-2000, i was a pogue, avionics tech on the AV-8B Harrier, spent time in Japan, Korea, Australia, Guam, wake island, as well as a lot of different states when i was in.

hey doc, a friend of mine was an 18 delta with 5th group in VN . this guy is one of the best people I have the honor of knowing in my life..especially for a army guy ;)

USMC 1991-2000, i was a pogue, avionics tech on the AV-8B Harrier, spent time in Japan, Korea, Australia, Guam, wake island, as well as a lot of different states when i was in.

hey doc, a friend of mine was an 18 delta with 5th group in VN . this guy is one of the best people I have the honor of knowing in my life..especially for a army guy ;)

hey wardog glad to hear you know an outstanding army guy! there aren't too many of us around!! LOL!!!!!

MARINES. Heliocapeetrs. Lot's of em. From "raggy" to maintenance officer, including crew chief and door gunner. CH53, UH1, CH46. Military Police for a little while. Active duty from the very tail end of Vietnam through the 1st gulf war. Reserves before and after.

Hate boats. Except for those times when you really, REALLY, need fuel.