Sign in to follow this  
Dangerwolfe

Homemade MACE

I ain't talking about the stuff that comes out of a can neither :P

In my early teens I spent a good amount of my time with other similar boys, involved in constructive activities such as making extremely powerful improvised explosives out of gum tape and match head powder, exploding pens, hunting anything that moved with wrist-rockets and blowguns, and playing with anything having to do with fire.....

One of our more socially handicapped friends had one of the largest gun collections of anyone I knew for someone under 16....He gave me my first intro into Survivalism. We all suspected he would one day bury his family in the backyard.

However, this fine young man also had an interesting book collection that included such titles at the Book of Death series with sections on making poisons and home made guillotines, and the Homemade James Bond Series that gave instruction on bomb making and the like.

Yes, we were really IDIOTS! Fortunately, all of us grew out of it before our 20's, some of us faster than others. Somehow, a bit of that arcane knowledge stayed with me though the years. The Homemade Mace is a good example:

It's simply a tool handle sawed off to about 30", wrap the end about 4 inches down with bailing wire, pound in some big 4 penny nails and clip off the ends. Voila!

Just wondering, how long to make the nails. Need to be long enough to get through clothes but not drive to far into something where it would stick and get caught.

Ideas?

Wolfe

Edited by Dangerwolfe

1 1/2 dowel rod,3 ft long...(OAK)

6 penny nails,drill holes first.8 is enough(J B weld to glue them in place)!!! wrap old copper wire around and inbetween the nails around the top only! Solder it, giveing it firmness.....leather loop at other end..

Dont use as a club!Its a slash weapon...use to tare away skin and appontes shield or hand held defence!

Or you can use a 5inch circle saw blade instead of nails, cut 6 inchs, the thickness of the blade.JB weld in place and a bolt in the middle to hold the blade,,wrape the 1 inch with wire of your choise and solder in place...

Its a slasher also and is very deadley..

oops to much knowledge!!

Edited by 101matt

1 1/2 dowel rod,3 ft long...(OAK)

6 penny nails,drill holes first.8 is enough(J B weld to glue them in place)!!! wrap old copper wire around and inbetween the nails around the top only! Solder it, giveing it firmness.....leather loop at other end..

Dont use as a club!Its a slash weapon...use to tare away skin and appontes shield or hand held defence!

Or you can use a 5inch circle saw blade instead of nails, cut 6 inchs, the thickness of the blade.JB weld in place and a bolt in the middle to hold the blade,,wrape the 1 inch with wire of your choise and solder in place...

Its a slasher also and is very deadley..

oops to much knowledge!!

Wow! Thanks Matt!

Wolfe

Any time brother..Sharpen the out side of the 5inch blade on a grinder!!Cutting action..The "claws" of the blade should stay sharp also..Make sure that you paint the metal with High Heat spray paint or a good quality ''dull,Flat" spray paint you dont want a "Flash" coming off it !!

I scare myself some times.lol

I read the tital I though you were talking about the johoka pepper dried and powdered

all you need then is a drinking straw full and plugged with tissue blown in someones face

make sure the wind is at your back.

and you can beat the snot out of them at your leisure as they won't be putting up much of a fight.

as far as simple weapons a bicycle chain or a screen door spring are fun.

as is a roll of quarters rolled up in a handkerchief in your pocket ends tied together {sailors blackjack}

clear bic pens are great stickers I find that falling on the ground and stabbing in the legs makes for long screams

1 1/2 or 2 inch wide leather belt with a rodeo belt buckle make sure it is riveted no snaps or you can use 2 D rings

the rodeo buckle is faster to get into action.

large D ring with a key clip makes like brass knuckles.

but I live in Texas so you can carry a knife now with a 5 /12 inch blade assisted opener if you like or a handgun.

hell collect them all behind my seat I have a bull whip with a quirt handle made out of steel.

a 4 way lug wrench a jack an extra long handle handle for it and other things

a chainsaw blade is great but hard to explain to the law man why you have it in your pocket.