Sign in to follow this  
Partsman

Foods for emergency situations

Doc, I was wondering if anyone has considered using products like GNC Lean Shake meal replacement, SuperFoods Supreme (13 servings of fruits & vegies), 100% Whey Protein or 100% Egg Protein along with some complete multivitamins as a part of their SHTF kit? I have seen several different products out there and wonder how this would work say...along with the food bars like used in the life raft kits. While probably not the ideal taste if all you have is water to mix it with.....would a combination like this allow you to get through at lease for the short term?

Partsman, I've used similar products from time to time, and think they work great for short periods of time. All the basic dietary needs are met, as long as you do you homework and make sure you have a balance and use the products in conjunction with the proper vitamins/supplements to get the most out of these products.

Thanks Jerry.....I use something similar as breakfast most days when I am on the job. Holds me until lunch, so I figure that having a supply of this type of food products would be useful in an emergency situation. Definatly would want a stock of regular food items as well; but look on these types of products as easy to store and pack a high level of energy in a small package. Hope others will add their .02 worth am interested to know if anyone have a product that they feel really performs.