Sign in to follow this  
devildog

What have you done today to better your Prep? II

Placed an order at Honeyville to take advantage of their sale. Sale ends tomorrow, code SIZZLE. Shipping is laways $4.49.

With this order I'll have everything to start putting together some of the recipes from Chef Tess. Puts me at the one year mark.

I got my first ever 100 feet of paracord in the mail, and I cut about 20-25 feet of it off and put in the EDC bag that lives in my truck. I really didn't know how to contain it and still make ready access to it so I put it in a tacticool ziploc bag, lol.

Some may consider this prepping, and it does have some nexus to it, so I'll add that UPS brought my under foregrip rail, vertical grip, light mount and ring, and a new Streamlight, all of which I got from Optics Planet, that I'm mounting on my personal AR. I've never had one on mine, but now I do. I'm off today and have been playing with it.

I just put my EDC together! The other day i went on a shopping spree and completely filled my emergency pantry for a reasonable price. I've also been looking into possible BOL's
good job TCC glad to hear things are looking up for ya...

Took the day off and help my 78 y/o next door neighbor build a new fence. Having been in the neighborhood for only 3 years now, I just found out he is the original owner of his house, built in 1975 (as a retirement home), was a sniper in Korea, retired army captain, frequents a few of my favorite fishing spots, and still has his issued 03A3 (his choice of weapon) and he and his wife are all about being prepared. I think my act of being a good neighbor, just made a pretty good impact on my prepping. His wife kept a steady supply of their home made beers on hand all day. Must stay hydrated in this 100+ degree Texas heat!

Went through all the "junk drawers" in the house and found quite a bit of stuff I'm sorting into different strategic locations and packs. Stuff I forgot I had, like lighters, safety pins, ammunition, couple of carabiner key rings, small flashlights, old pocketknives. Also went through my old tackleboxes and found that there's a lot of stuff in there I will split up as needed. So far, I haven't spent a penny on prepping, if you count that I already had everything I've packed. Feels like I'm getting something for nothing. NICE!

Went through all the "junk drawers" in the house and found quite a bit of stuff I'm sorting into different strategic locations and packs. Stuff I forgot I had, like lighters, safety pins, ammunition, couple of carabiner key rings, small flashlights, old pocketknives. Also went through my old tackleboxes and found that there's a lot of stuff in there I will split up as needed. So far, I haven't spent a penny on prepping, if you count that I already had everything I've packed. Feels like I'm getting something for nothing. NICE!

Nice job Thumper but it shows you were "prepping" before you knew possibly...lol. I was same way, my hobbies set me up to prep and i didn't even know it at the time (hunting, fishing, trapping, camping, hiking, SCUBA, etc), then the gardening, leatherwork, woodwork and love of history just added to the mix.

Started filling up the truck camper turned BOV with food, water, first aid stuff, hygiene stuff, weapons, ammo, and tools!! As soon as I replace the panel I've been pissing with for the last month the pictures shall start rolling..last step will be replacing the pump style faucet. I'll be taking it camping before we know it!

Saturday I traded an SSG82 German rifle for a new savage tactical .22 threaded barrel rifle, Gemtech suppressor, 1k 5.56 ammo, 1k 9mm ammo and 10 new 30rd PMags for my AR's...gotta wait on ATF papers before I get suppressor, but my Surefire AR one will work on Savage till I get the Gemtech...will be working on B.O.B this weekend....constant state of change on it....

Had an impromptu "class" for my wife regarding her laundry and buying bleach. Plain unscented chlorine bleach is preferred because the fancy smelling kinds are not what you want for treating water. Bleach does lose its punch with shelf life, so she needs to keep rotating and always have a fresh one in reserve.

She told me I should do my own laundry if I don't like it. Gosh I love her!

Thumper, I wouldn't use paracord for a necklace. It's a personal choice, but I prefer not having something with a higher tensile strength than my neck has wrapped around my neck. I even rig my hairpipe chokers and medicine bag to break easily. I'd rather repair them often than have them be my end. JMO

Oh I agree Regulator, and that thought occurred to me when I was almost finished with it. I ended up just kinda rolling it up on a carabiner and clipping it on my bag. I like the 4-strand braid though, I got 17' braided up in it.

Oh I agree Regulator, and that thought occurred to me when I was almost finished with it. I ended up just kinda rolling it up on a carabiner and clipping it on my bag. I like the 4-strand braid though, I got 17' braided up in it.

THis got me to thinking....just a lil bit...

4-strand paracord braid... that might be strong enuf to use as a tow rope for a small car ?