Sign in to follow this  
devildog

What have you done today to better your Prep? II

My survival fishing kit arrived, as well as my collapsable camp bucket and a mainstay bar to tryout. If I like it, I'll get enough for two for each bob; it seems like that is one of the best weight/calorie food sources for a 72 hour kit

Put together a small gun cleaning kit for the bobs for my wife and myself. Cost was around 12 bucks to do so and after I saw the little zip up kit on amazon for 50 damn dollars i told myself I wasnt gonna pay that and so i dug around my gun box and scrounged up some unopened brushes and a bottle of solvent and rem oil was good to go.

Yesterday I coincidentally got a few things yesterday. 1) I got my Goal 0 Nomad 7 Guide 10 Plus Adventure Kit from Blue Kangaroos for about $94. This is a solar - battery charging unit, and I'm really eager to test it. 2) I got an 8 D cell Coleman collapsible lantern from The Sportsmans Guide for about 17 bucks with free S&H. 3) I was diagnosed with abrupt (came on insanely sudden) pericoronitis and will have to undergo oral surgery soon. I have never had dental problems before, but I see this as a boon to prepping because a lot of people undergo wisdom tooth problems at some point in life, and I'll be getting all four of mine cut out which equals no future problems in that area, lol. Gotta see the bright side.

A couple of days before that I got some Merrell Moab Gore-Tex hiking shoes. They're pretty darn comfortable too!

Btw, for all those who gave me ideas on food storage a few pages back thanks. I read them a while back but have been stupid busy lately.

Today one of my army buddys who's a Canadian Ranger, came over with his nephew to the shooting range. Taught him as much as i could. His nephew never shot a pistol before. So I let him shoot most of the firearms i own. He had a grin from ear to ear. It's good to see the younger people take an interest in the shooting sports. All in all, i've gotten another person better prepped for the future, in our group.:)

In GOD I Trust, Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!

Ive been keeping up with the current manhunt in California and placing bets with neighbors that he wont get caught. At the same time im going through in my mind what I would do in his shoes....mental prep.

If you want the mental prep just watch the Jason Bourne trilogy or this new Bourne Legacy movie which I just saw. It's easy to evade. All you need are four things. 1) Awesome hand to hand combat skills. 2) A supply of random passports. 3) Loads of cashed stashed around the globe, the door panel of an old car, or $40,000 in the lining of your jacket. 4) A personal contact that knows something about Treadstone or Outcomes. Easy. I've already got this down.

Purchased 20 pcs of camo bandanas today for $5 . That's 25 cents each, thought i already have afew in the BOB & BOV. It was a deal i simply could'nt pass up.

Went to a knife store today that was going out of business. Purchesed a cold steel tanto lite knife for less than 1/2 price. Suprised that it was very balanced. Would have bought more of them, but it was the last one they had.

Ive been keeping up with the current manhunt in California and placing bets with neighbors that he wont get caught. At the same time im going through in my mind what I would do in his shoes....mental prep.

If your going that way then go see "Jack Reacher" .... the movie boils down to one logical idea which is repeated by two of the characters. One would think that some of these nuts would pick up something from watching the tube.....maybe it is a good thing that they're too dumb to work out a real plan instead of a manifesto that usually proves nothing except that they are not as smart as they want you to beleave.

Placed an order of afew bullet moulds from Lyman today. Filling my needs in this area to cast bullets in the future.

Not a whole lot I can think of to do. But, I did manage to pick up one of those flint stick things that you scrape to make sparks for your fire :) Also, I recently started storing whatever little supplies I can around the house. I live in an anti-prepping household, and my mom won't go shopping for food unless the pantry is litterally empty, haha, and she only picks up a bare minimum when she does shop. So, I've been taking one or two cans of food that she buys for us, and storing them in a hidden spot in the garage, as well as however many bottled waters I can pick up. We have lots of preps at my dad's bug out location, but I feel like I should start storing some things myself in case of a bug in situation.

P.S. I dont know if this counts, but I've also just started reading Lights Out(EMP book)

I've already had some days where I look into my cupboard and am tired of the same old. So, today I went to an oriental food store to get some more variety. Amazing stuff they have. OK, some I wouldn't touch, but some of the sauces, both wet and dry are pretty amazing. Also, dehydrated mushrooms at great prizes. I have tons of supplies for italian meals and LOVE 'rooms. The #10 cans only hold 4 ounces and are expensive. I got 5 oz for $3.95.

Have reorganized and cleaned my storage areas (again!).

Not a whole lot I can think of to do. But, I did manage to pick up one of those flint stick things that you scrape to make sparks for your fire :) Also, I recently started storing whatever little supplies I can around the house. I live in an anti-prepping household, and my mom won't go shopping for food unless the pantry is litterally empty, haha, and she only picks up a bare minimum when she does shop. So, I've been taking one or two cans of food that she buys for us, and storing them in a hidden spot in the garage, as well as however many bottled waters I can pick up. We have lots of preps at my dad's bug out location, but I feel like I should start storing some things myself in case of a bug in situation.

P.S. I dont know if this counts, but I've also just started reading Lights Out(EMP book)

keep up the good work you'll get there one can at a time!

Picked up one extra Advantage Arms 22lr mag for my glock. Would have liked to get more, but they only had one left. The prices for them are insane, like tripple in price. WTF.