Sign in to follow this  
devildog

What have you done today to better your Prep? II

Inventoried our camping gear and found our three cast iron pans (wondered what had happened to them). Will have to clean them up and season them again and keep them in the house instead.

Picked up some lamp oil for our lanterns.

W T..

The tops cigarette machine works for me..Premier papers are also good..

Sparrow pipe tobacco is going for $11.89 a pound..I blend it with some Red Cap..

sorry....lol

I've been makin my own since the last buck a pack tax hike-my way of the flee biting the elephant-I like Kentuky select,and use rollits papers:even drop a filter in one end of the roller,ends up looking like a marlboro72 light. smoke all month for less than a carton costs!

My husband and I were given a new crab trap each for our wedding anniversary last week. Today I went to Big Lots and got large cans of green beans for .90 each. Also got another two packs of LED yard stake lights. Really good buy on tea lights 100 of them for 1.00, 20 vegetable plant starter pots, sheperd staffs for my Topsy Turvy tomatoes. Purchased two large jars of Vick's Vapo Rub. Will be dehydrating apples and jicima tomorrow. Sunday, will be dehydrating turnip roots and smoking 10lbs of Salmon.

Today i was at my club, as always every saturday being a range officer & firearms instructor. One of our members started a bullet importing business, bring in Frontier Bullets. They are made in South Africa to my suprise. Anyways got a deal of 750pcs of 158grain FMJ RN bullets for reloading my 38spl & 357mag at a good price of $75 they normaly sell for $105 plus tax in Canada. Anyone try these bullets before?, if so like to hear as to what you think. Good or bad do tell.

got a gas tube, gas block, and barrel nut for my AR and picked up all the rounds i could find of .45 ACP (which was only 50 of reloaded JHP) at a central california gun show... that being said, i also found out that if the doors open at 0900, the line starts forming at 0300 and the people that got there at 0600 were at the one mile marker.... i unfortunately got there at 0815 and was at the mile and a half marker....

Bought the $7.00 "grease seperator" from wally world...

Its 1 1/2 quart..It is Aluminium(but sturdy) and lite with a strainer and a tight lid,I wanted to replace my heavy cooking pot for in the woods this spring.."Aluminium"..I know but at my age I will take the chance on alzheimer's...

Reconnoitered the front hill today after work, actually it was more like me sittin there watchin the birds while the dog ran around...

MUST BE NICE GETTING OFF WORK WHEN THERES STILL DAYLIGHT!!!!

And i picked up my new RIA 1911 today :)