Sign in to follow this  
devildog

What have you done today to better your Prep? II

Question about Sams club. Do you have to be a member to purchase the Augason Foods products? We have no Sam's clubs in our area & would hate to have to join just so I can purchase their food products. There are other products out there that I assume would be equal to them. The Wise company comes to mind. Would like to know which tastes better since I'm sure cost is simular.

You can buy without being a member but you must be a "guest" of a member who is with you (at Sam's)

Question about Sams club. Do you have to be a member to purchase the Augason Foods products? We have no Sam's clubs in our area & would hate to have to join just so I can purchase their food products. There are other products out there that I assume would be equal to them. The Wise company comes to mind. Would like to know which tastes better since I'm sure cost is simular.

Xplorer, be advised there can be wide ranges in prices. check out beprepared.com, right now they have a 20-25% sale on Mountain House products.

Thanks to Desert Rat yesterday post about Colemen fuel, I went out and pick some more up.

SOmething interesting i noticed today...

I was in HomeDepot , in the power tool section, they had the exact same propane containers in the welding section, for $3.25. THey werent labeled 'coleman' though. Exact same size, fixture and even the same green color. I bought several a few days ago at BassPro for $4.50 each. bummmer

I was in HomeDepot , in the power tool section, they had the exact same propane containers in the welding section, for $3.25. THey werent labeled 'coleman' though. Exact same size, fixture and even the same green color. I bought several a few days ago at BassPro for $4.50 each. bummmer

Be careful the yellow ones are not propane and are not safe for propane appliances or cooking, and I do not think that they are a clean of propane as the others I have used them in my cook stove and the seem to foul the bottom of the pans more, but then again my cook stove is a Benz-o-matic (wife bought it for me for $5 at garage sale two burners each uses a small tank) and it is the first time I used it, am comparing to my old single burner long gone

Be careful the yellow ones are not propane and are not safe for propane appliances or cooking, and I do not think that they are a clean of propane as the others I have used them in my cook stove and the seem to foul the bottom of the pans more, but then again my cook stove is a Benz-o-matic (wife bought it for me for $5 at garage sale two burners each uses a small tank) and it is the first time I used it, am comparing to my old single burner long gone

THey had the yellow ones too and blue. Blue canisters were Butane. Yellow , Blue, Green were all shaped different and plainly labeled.

Thanks for the info, will look for it next time.

5.5 mile hike with wife and packs. Managed to jog bout 3/4 up that hill that has been kickin my a$$...ill beat it soon.

What I did today to decrease my prep....fly 4 hrs to Detroit in a small single engine plane.

What I did to increase my prep ........stay in Roseville oh and bring a spare clip

What I did today to decrease my prep....fly 4 hrs to Detroit in a small single engine plane.

What I did to increase my prep ........stay in Roseville oh and bring a spare clip

Bring a spare clip, thats kinda funny. But Roseville ? THats the GOOD part of town.

I had a 55 gallon drum full of 223 brass that needed some trimming with the case trimmer. It's been almost 2 months now since i first started. Chipping at the pile of brass a couple hundred pcs at a time. Today it was all done. Now the fun part of loading them all.

I had a 55 gallon drum full of 223 brass that needed some trimming with the case trimmer. It's been almost 2 months now since i first started. Chipping at the pile of brass a couple hundred pcs at a time. Today it was all done. Now the fun part of loading them all.

How about taking the crimp out of the primer pocket....now thats fun....;(

How about taking the crimp out of the primer pocket....now thats fun....;(

Crimping issues in the primer pockets are with military brass always, which i would'nt consider reloading. All of the brass that i'm working on are made by Federal, Winchester & Remington brass. All commercial brass.

Bring a spare clip, thats kinda funny. But Roseville ? THats the GOOD part of town.

Was working at van dyke and 7 mile til midnight, landed at city airport, worked there again today til midnight and drove straight to take off from city airport. Home safe in bed now all primers intacted

Started work on a target back stop for my personal firing range. did some more recon around BOL. Water source was tested and came back clean. Still planning to filter the water if/when i need to use it. never know if the source becomes contaminated.

Edited by awake

One of our local stores carries dry binh goods, so I stocked up on Vegetables, cheese sauce, pickling spices etc. and then vacuum packed everything in 2 pound bags.

To my surprise, they now carry food grade buckets, oxygen bags etc. right by the dry bins.

apparently, it's really picking up. I'm seeing hints and hearing people talking about prepping all over the place.

Finally got a membership to Sams Club yesterday. Bought some batteries, bar soap and canned vegs. Priced out some other stuff. Only planning on going once a month and start slowly stocking up. Have a decent amount of food stored