Sign in to follow this  
devildog

What have you done today to better your Prep? II

Just finished checking the water tank. Remember I did not tell the family that I shut off the water main to the house. In 3 days we used 260 gallons in our home with 2 adults and 2 children. We also washed 2 loads a clothes. The next test will be done next week and we will do it with the training scenario that the Shit has hit the fan. Toilet flushing down to a minimal, washing clothes by hand, and other water conservative ideas.
thats alot i assume that inluded baths/showers?

Took some "hobby " money and bought the Rifflemans hawk from cold steel..2.5lb...Its a tool .....I wraped the complete handle for a better grip...

Thought I would get it before they "OUT LAW" them also..

Reg5 made me do it...................................................

That looks nice snake! Is that a horn or bone handle?

looks like Horn..

My wrapings...and yes you can split a log if need be.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1746[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1747[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1748[/ATTACH]

Now to make a sheath and belt loop.....................going to the woods.......................

the fat man showed up and left me this in my stocking

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1740[/ATTACH]

that's a sharp looking knife snake! (forgive the pun!!!) i wish the old fat man had left me something like that! i guess i was really bad cause i didn't even get any coal.

looks like Horn..

My wrapings...and yes you can split a log if need be.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1746[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1747[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1748[/ATTACH]

Now to make a sheath and belt loop.....................going to the woods.......................

that's nice matt! where did you run across that!? me want one!

that's a sharp looking knife snake! (forgive the pun!!!) i wish the old fat man had left me something like that! i guess i was really bad cause i didn't even get any coal.

damn that sucks I am sorry to hear that {really} I pray the good lord blesses you some how some way,

Christmas is the day everyone I know can count on a gift from me, it is shameful that people should not

consider others during this time IT'S A DAY WE HAVE TO RESPECT CHRIST'S GIFT TO US. how better than to give

to others anything it is the thought { may sound corny but it is true} that counts.

All I know is when some folks stand before God and are asked how did you show my people you cared about them

I would not want to be looking down and shuffling my feet at that moment.

If your a Christian Hebrews 9:28 you do not get judged not even a question your ticket has been paid in full.

I LIKE IT...

that's nice matt! where did you run across that!? me want one!

Newgrahm Knifes..

http://newgraham.com/store/

he is a friend and I bought my "Combat " kimber there also.....

The knot is a

Single-Strand Ringbolt Hitch...I used about 20ft...

Its Reg5 fault...........his Idea..lol

A ton of coal is NOW worth $125.00...4 ton for $500.00...delevered..last year it was $80.00 a ton..

You cant use it here to power a Electrical Plant ..BUT you can sell it to Russia and China...

damn that sucks I am sorry to hear that {really} I pray the good lord blesses you some how some way,

Christmas is the day everyone I know can count on a gift from me, it is shameful that people should not

consider others during this time IT'S A DAY WE HAVE TO RESPECT CHRIST'S GIFT TO US. how better than to give

to others anything it is the thought { may sound corny but it is true} that counts.

All I know is when some folks stand before God and are asked how did you show my people you cared about them

I would not want to be looking down and shuffling my feet at that moment.

If your a Christian Hebrews 9:28 you do not get judged not even a question your ticket has been paid in full.

I LIKE IT...

thanks snake! i'm going to have to show your post to the family! maybe i can shame them into a toy for me! LOL!!

Newgrahm Knifes..

http://newgraham.com/store/

he is a friend and I bought my "Combat " kimber there also.....

The knot is a

Single-Strand Ringbolt Hitch...I used about 20ft...

Its Reg5 fault...........his Idea..lol

A ton of coal is NOW worth $125.00...4 ton for $500.00...delevered..last year it was $80.00 a ton..

You cant use it here to power a Electrical Plant ..BUT you can sell it to Russia and China...

thanks matt, i'm going to check that out!

I did a 50$ after Christmas discount prepping shopping trip today. 10 LED stake lights. ea..50. 10 Pkg.. Velveta cheese sauce...50 ea. 200 paper plates x5...2.50ea.......5 gals h2o....1$ ea...5 jars pasta sauce....1$ ea. Didn't spend all my money but Big Lots was the bomb today. Its the time to get great buys on candles, LED lights.

Ordered two sets of A-TACS FG camo outfits from Propper and two sets of Fenix PD32 flashlights. The fat man I guess forgot about me this year, so I got it on my own. Also picked up book The Art of War by Sun Tzu.

Thats a very good book. It may seem confusing at times, but if memory serves me right, when it comes to warfare, I believe it focuses on remaining honorable, and to think outside the box. I.E. When your enemy expects/anticipates you retreating, you charge. When they expect you to charge them, retreat and draw them out.