Sign in to follow this  
devildog

What have you done today to better your Prep? II

Can I come with you PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok so my Heart is "Jerusalem next year"...it is the only thing left on my "BUCKET List"...

Realy I want to go to that "Sand" and walk those hill's..

I will work and have the know how to build anything(brick's from mud) laying block,I have my owns string and block level..

Oh and that DOOR.....oooo what typ of wood is it..

Sorry Im steal this thread!!!

I agree with your goal setting approach Desert Marine. It is the key to organizing and getting stuff done in life. Followed the "homestead" link in your message. Is that your place?

Yes, Rod that's one of my BOLs. It sits on 5 acres with a beautiful view of the Red Sea. I built that one with my bare hands. The house is 2,600 sqft with 6 bedroom, 3 baths, and 2 kitchens. The house and outer buildings are made from limestone.

Yes, Rod that's one of my BOLs. It sits on 5 acres with a beautiful view of the Red Sea. I built that one with my bare hands. The house is 2,600 sqft with 6 bedroom, 3 baths, and 2 kitchens. The house and outer buildings are made from limestone.

My compliments. Outstanding job.

DM..Realy I can handle a shovel and a rake realy well...

I like goats too...

Excelent job on the walls/construction..ok so again what typ of wood was the door make from?

Do you ever get a chance to 'Cast a net" in the Red sea?

Ok back on subject..Checking on my Pass Port..up to Date?...just in case...

Received my Zomeworks solar tracker today. I love when heavy metal pieces are packed in cardboard and styrofoam! :o

Going to have to figure out how to assemble that little gem right after I figure out how to dig a four foot deep, 18 to 20 inch hole for the twelve foot pole it mounts on. I am thinking "auger". :rolleyes:

I will take pictures and post them after I get out of the hospital! :o

I've bought several different cans of ready to eat food like chef boyardee stuff. Since I got my 3 day water I'm working on my 3 day food to be cooked without additional water. We're taste testing different brands. No use buying 10 cans of stuff everybody will gag on...(yes I know in an emergency we will eat anything but since I have control now I'm buying stuff we will like).

Lemon, that also helps in keeping the food rotated. You also don't want the added stress of having only food you don't like when everything else is going bad as well. Food is not only a necessity, but also a "comfort" item needed to maintain morale.

Do you can? You can make chili, stew, soups, etc and can yourself. Then you know you have exactly what you like, the way you like it.

Bought a toy.

I had some customer service bucks, or we're sorry we screwed up bucks, at an internet retailer and I ordered a SOG Fasthawk, lol. I paid the price of shipping and thought it was neat enough looking to merit the purchase. I saw a few Youtube videos of guys playing with them and thought I'd get one to hack at stuff with. I've got about nine dollars invested in it. I've pledged to stop buying "preps" for a while other than the occasional "Hey, that's cheap!" sale stuff at the local stores, i.e. groceries, health supplies, and butt paper.

Found 2pair of Army BDU pants/2 Airforce BDU shirts that are my size at a local flee market!I also picked up 2 Complete pair(top and bottoms) of desert tan BDU's that fit my wife.At 3 dollars each..24 buck!!and they FIT ....

Found the replacement seal for a 4 quart preasure cooker I also found(PC was 4 dollars)new seal was 10 buck..Now I have a 7 quart and 2- 4 quart Preasure cooker"s..

Made the CFO very Happy......That's Prepping...lol

New Guy here, I've been Prepping for about a year now and just recently found this site, anyway I just picked up a new flashlight that is going to work out great. It is a Streamlight Pro Tac HL It runs on 2 CR123 batteries and has both high and low settings. on low (35 lumens) it will last 18 hours, and is good for general lighting and high (600 lumens) it will reach out there and light something up.

I also just ordered another case of the Mountain House freeze dried meals.

I bought a Bear /Gerber knife from my son today who's always buying and selling on ebay. It's pretty cool and can go in my car bug out bag.

I didn't want him to give it to me because if he doesn't make money he may come move back in!;)..........jus kiddin

Yesterday I made 50lbs of pasta. Started drying it last night and will vacuum seal and store it tomorroow. Bought another 1000 paper plates and 300 paper cups. Added alot of first aide supplies including suturing stuff, medications, antiseptics. TP and PT, also got alot of ammo for my gun, ammo for my sling shot, fire starters, gun cleaning kit and some really neat thingies to go on my key chain. Over holiday break I will be teaching my teenage grandkids how to forage, how to throw a cast net and where and how to seine. I hope we will have time to oyster some.Keep on keeping on!

Welcome wettahook 50 pounds of pasta are you part of the Corleone family? {The Godfather movie}

great prepping now all you need enough Bolognese sauce to cover it and you can last a year LOL

I love pasta {and toasted garlic bread} there was a little Italian place near the medical center

in Houston I almost hurt myself...

Can I come with you PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok so my Heart is "Jerusalem next year"...it is the only thing left on my "BUCKET List"...

Realy I want to go to that "Sand" and walk those hill's..

I will work and have the know how to build anything(brick's from mud) laying block,I have my owns string and block level..

Oh and that DOOR.....oooo what typ of wood is it..

Sorry Im steal this thread!!!

101Matt those doors where custom made by a local wood carpenter. All of our windows and doors are made from a wood here know as khashif. All I can say is that there are some people here who still have the skills to produce products by their hands the old fashion way, reminds me of the blacksmith working with nothing but iron.

BTW I did a lot of fence and door maintenance for my preps today. We're getting ready to add about 40-60 new lambs to our flock.

Am in Sydney Australia for a couple days. Bought myself a Gunn worn canvas and cow hide Mole(vest) Is it called mole I forgot? Its the kind of vest that you see fishermen wearing. Lots of compartments to put stuff. THought it would be nice

and rugged as my bugout outfit.

Didnt come here with the intention of buying this for myself. Had to return an Xmas gift of an Oilskin coat for my brother. TOo large. They didnt have his size and wouldnt give me my money back. Hmmmm! Bought my brother an oilskin vest and a vest for me as an Xmas gift. WIN WIN!!!

Hope you all have a happy and safe holiday

Hugs