Sign in to follow this  
devildog

What have you done today to better your Prep? II

Just bought another 50 rounds of 9mm..Federal at$14.95....they were cheaper than the "IMPORT's"..Wally world still has NOT restocked there shelf's in over 3 week's...

when to farmer's market ..bought 5lb's apples for $3.00...bought some seed..swiss chard/Sage/Parsely/little marvel Peas..10 for $1.00..just in case..collection "SEED's" from the plant's in the garden that I let go to seed..

ordered 240 shtf meals from wise foods. bought a 100,000 gallon ceramic filter,shotgun scabbard that is compatible to lash onto my bob,and a 25 round mag for the 10-22s(one of the good ones ....made by ruger)

buttoned up the ammo supply also, added 400 rounds of 7.62x39 and 1100 of 22lr...(said i was done a while back but my dead line on prep products is coming up in a hurry, so i hedged a little.....sue me)

I just did my monthly checking account reconciliation and have found that between November 1 and December 3 that I spent over $2,300 of my month's pay on prepping supplies. I'm done stocking up for a while. That kind of makes me mad. Sure, I've got a lot of good things in storage now, but seeing this makes me have buyer's remorse. I know it's insurance, and I started prepping well before Nov. 1. However, I'm calling it quits on stocking up for a while. In the same time span, I spend $352 on fuel, and yesterday I spent $116 on Christmas gifts which I in no way regret, but having spent nearly $3,000 in four weeks on just stuff I'm kind of angry right now. All my bills are paid, I have no debt, I'm healthy, I'm sound in the bank, but gosh that's a lot of money. :(
that does sound like alot,,, but maybe instead of not prepping. prep in a different direction- buy silver coins or rounds- you'll still have the money and it will probably earn more than a savings account , thats what i'm lookin at right now---even tho i still need lots more basic items

Budgeting:

My wife and I usually go out pretty often, more than most. But this semester of classes, she has been spending alot of late nights in the studio, so we've been going out alot less. I just 'reallocate' those funds for preps. COmes out to cpl hundred a month actually.

that does sound like alot,,, but maybe instead of not prepping. prep in a different direction- buy silver coins or rounds- you'll still have the money and it will probably earn more than a savings account , thats what i'm lookin at right now---even tho i still need lots more basic items

I frequently buy gold and silver eagles as part of my portfolio regardless of "prepping." Financial prepping, although pertinent to survival prepping, is another hobby entirely for me, lol. Frankly, I've given up on my Roth IRA for a while since it's built around mutual funds, and instead I've been taking what I could normally contribute in a year (IRS regulates how much one may contribute) and purchasing the precious metals with that.

Budgeting:

My wife and I usually go out pretty often, more than most. But this semester of classes, she has been spending alot of late nights in the studio, so we've been going out alot less. I just 'reallocate' those funds for preps. COmes out to cpl hundred a month actually.

I'm working on my master's while I work full-time. I'm never really home much, and when I am I have something to do or some needed relaxing so I haven't been cooking much. Between me and the old lady going out and me grabbing a quick bite somewhere I spent $344 in just eating out in that same time period I mentioned earlier (11/1 - 12/3). Sickens me.

ArkansasFan30

yep know a lot of people like that burning their candle at both ends be careful watch your health

it's important you know I had a good friend made good 6 figures income never home

corporate dynamo his wife had a boyfriend he never had time and he was buried before he was 45

had 3 degrees they looked great on his wall when I was at the wake in his paid for million + dollar house

had another one at the lake at his office there is a portrait done in oil one of the linage of their beloved

leaders spoke 5 languages and just before he died he Russian language set in his nice big Mercedes

beautiful and black & chrome trim just like his casket.

we were joking around the last thing said to him was das vi danya tovarich we were goofing around

ArkansasFan30

yep know a lot of people like that burning their candle at both ends be careful watch your health

it's important you know I had a good friend made good 6 figures income never home

corporate dynamo his wife had a boyfriend he never had time and he was buried before he was 45

had 3 degrees they looked great on his wall when I was at the wake in his paid for million + dollar house

had another one at the lake at his office there is a portrait done in oil one of the linage of their beloved

leaders spoke 5 languages and just before he died he Russian language set in his nice big Mercedes

we were joking around the last thing said to him was das vi danya tovarich we were goofing around

Believe me, I'm feeling it. There's light at the end of the tunnel though, and I'm really looking forward to relaxing in it. The thing I miss the most is lifting weights. I haven't had an ounce of time to go to the gym since late September. Heck, I haven't had a run since October, and thanks to my fine cuisine I've put on about eight pounds of jiggle. I can fix it easy enough and hope to cleanse over the next month before classes resume. I took my last final yesterday. When I'm online here I'm usually at work in the middle of the night or have this up in the background of UAMS's page.

ArkansasFan30

We own 2 lakefront properties and a host of other ranches and land in various parts of the county. We also have a Rea Sea view BOL. ALL of it was purchased with cash. I'm not bragging but we are 100% debt free, been that way for more than 12 years. You can burn the candle at both end if you have a systematic plan in place and have the fortitude to stay focus. If we can't buy it with cash we simply wait until we can. One of the things that I do is I pay myself first. Never spending 70% of what I make (even) In fact now that figure is even less. However, I make sure I invest 10% for self (family), 10% in passive investment and 10% charity. One should not be in a position (if possible) whereas there is too much month as the end of the money. A wise man will strive to leave a legacy for his CHILDREN'S, CHILDREN. Investing in yourself is just like prepping one day at a time.

We own 2 lakefront properties and a host of other ranches and land in various parts of the county. We also have a Rea Sea view BOL. ALL of it was purchased with cash. I'm not bragging but we are 100% debt free, been that way for more than 12 years. You can burn the candle at both end if you have a systematic plan in place and have the fortitude to stay focus. If we can't buy it with cash we simply wait until we can. One of the things that I do is I pay myself first. Never spending 70% of what I make (even) In fact now that figure is even less. However, I make sure I invest 10% for self (family), 10% in passive investment and 10% charity. One should not be in a position (if possible) whereas there is too much month as the end of the money. A wise man will strive to leave a legacy for his CHILDREN'S, CHILDREN. Investing in yourself is just like prepping one day at a time.

You are one very fortunate jarhead, Desert Marine. Did you retire as commandant or something?

You are one very fortunate jarhead, Desert Marine. Did you retire as commandant or something?

Semper Fi DevilDog,

No I didn't retire yet. I plan on doing that in the next 3 years (about 12 years ahead of my peers). If you haven't done so, make a life plan in increments of 5 years and work on it. Find mentors who have achieved goals similar to your and take benefit from them. Also learn from those who aren't successful as well. Study what they did wrong so that you won't have repeat their mistakes.

Tested my Swiss Army "Stove" with my Bamboo logs!

First DONT PACK BAMBOO WITH LINT AND PETRO JELLY!!!

It Stinks to high heaven..lays there and smolders...Sorry it was an Idea/but Dont do it..and it leaves a resadue on the bottom of everything..YUCK

But the stove is great...just take your time and start with small stuff..than add the big stuff..You have to

"Do It Yourself" to realy get the hang of it...

I added 2 pieces of 1" aluminum bar,cut out out to fit togeather as a "X" on the top to hold larger pans..will post if need be..

AGAIN NO NO on the bamboo stuffing!

Today I started my 2013 Goals list. Outline 10 Goals that I want to achieve for me and my family in 2013. There is a nice website at: http://www.13skills.com you guys might wanna take a look at it as well. The 13skills.com site is centered about picking 13 skills that you will like to improve upon in 2013. I also fixed several gates on the homestead as we are expecting to add about 40 to 60 new lambs next month.

Today I started my 2013 Goals list. Outline 10 Goals that I want to achieve for me and my family in 2013. There is a nice website at: http://www.13skills.com you guys might wanna take a look at it as well. The 13skills.com site is centered about picking 13 skills that you will like to improve upon in 2013. I also fixed several gates on the homestead as we are expecting to add about 40 to 60 new lambs next month.

I agree with your goal setting approach Desert Marine. It is the key to organizing and getting stuff done in life. Followed the "homestead" link in your message. Is that your place?

South Sinai ...

Shabbat Shalom..................

Rod look at the Hills' behind the "homestead:...Thats Isreal......Very nice..

The Goats are excelent..WOOL will always be in demand and the meat is better also..Goats eat just about anything and easyer to raise than a cow!.

Ok so I have set my goal's for 2013...Planning garden now...gathering jars..lids..bone meal..

Read more...and so on..

The 13 in 13 looks very good.book marked!

Edited by 101matt

South Sinai ...

Shabbat Shalom..................

Rod look at the Hills' behind the "homestead:...Thats Isreal......Very nice..

The Goats are excelent..WOOL will always be in demand and the meat is better also..Goats eat just about anything and easyer to raise than a cow!.

Ok so I have set my goal's for 2013...Planning garden now...gathering jars..lids..bone meal..

Read more...and so on..

The 13 in 13 looks very good.book marked!

Hey 101Matt ..Just took these pics last week :) Going back to the BOL/Homestead in South Sinai

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1706[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1707[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1706[/ATTACH]