Sign in to follow this  
devildog

What have you done today to better your Prep? II

I checked out about a 5 block area around where I live. I noted the vegetation, good areas to seine for shrimp and a good area or 4 to throw a cast net. I then came home and read up on the vegetation that I wasn't too sure about. There is alot of good food close by. I also live on a salt marsh. Don't know how pelican tastes but I bet I could catch,clean and cook one!

Today was spent really looking at the area I live in. Also tried out some of the recipes I have made this week using my dehydrator. The broccoli, cheese and powdered milk soup, with some ceyenne pepper was awesome.

Must remember to stock up on apple cider and ginger beer. Might be eating alot of pelican, duck, geese, seagull and egret. Not necessarily in that order. Must also remember there is a nuclear power plant 10 miles down the river from me. If that goes.....oops!

Finished my Berkley set up!!!

Receved my "Mountain House" assortment bucket...Im impress..

Picked up my Concealed permit today!!!!good to November2017..Thank You Lord..

I guess Im on the list NOW for sure.lol :eek:

side note ..The wonderfull ladys at the court house said they are prossesing 200 permits a week!!

West Virginia is well armed..LMAO

Edited by 101matt

bought discount ugg boots on clearnce, and a authenticoaklandraidersjersey.

OK, I'm not a sports fan! It took me a while to figure out what a "cloak land raiders jersey" was; I was thinking some Klingon casual ware! I can be such a dweeb!:rolleyes:

Today I bought and installed a boxwood stove. You know, one of those cast iror wood burning stoves/heater with the two places on top for pots. I figure that this with our 2500 gallon cistern will provide water boiled and soup along with the heat for the winter if we had to go there.

Harbor Freight has the Vogelzang boxwood stove on for $129.00. For that price I just couldn't pass it up.

Edited by Danm

I received a "Blessing" in the mail on Friday..Former Employer sent me some money!

Bought (be here by tuesday,Please Lord)Goal Zero 19010 Guide 10 Plus Small Adventure Kit ,Goal Zero 11406 Guide 10 Plus Silver Battery Pack (an extra..1 in none 2 is one),a Goal Zero 12301 Nomad 7M Solar Panel and a Goal Zero 14101 Luna USB LED Stick Light ..

This fills a great big hole for me...I will review it after I test it!

I hadn't realized how much I had come to depend on things that were built into this house that I am unlikely to have when I move. It's given me a whole new perspective.

I've looked at wood-burning stoves, but am not sure I can put one in the house I'm hoping to buy. I'd like to have an option, other than the furnace, for heat and cooking, even if it is just soup.

I picked up water this week, as I can't move what's here. Just gallon jugs for now, stored at work, but it's a start.

One of my sons has offered me his shotgun, but I don't think I can handle it. Besides, it's in NC and I'm in TX. I am going to have to look at something for myself, but will wait, as I don't want to lose custody of it. ;)

Coming to grips with the (very likely) reality that my 'job' is nothing less than polishing the brass on the Titanic.

Traveling IT support for a MAJOR banking and investment firm

Edited by NavyVet_77

I was at Home Depot this morning and bought some decent items at decent prices. I might add Home Depot has a great Droid App. I can't ever find anything in that store, much less get help from the staff, and that app tells you what aisle the items are on.

I bought a couple packages of combination Mag Lites. In the package was a Mini Mag with some accessories and a 3 D cell Mag. For a price of less than $20 for each package I thought it was a good buy for backup flashlights. I prefer Streamlight, Fenix, and SureFire, but they'll be good to store and keep around the house as spares. I may pickup a couple more for stocking stuffers.

I also picked up a couple packages of Energizer Max AA batteries - 36 per package for less than $15. They had an advertise life of 15 years so I'm guessing if stored properly they'll last at least five. In the same store an eight pack was around $8.00. I really need to devote to stocking up more CR123 and Lithium batteries since my preferred cool, man gadgets use those.

Finally, I bought two three packs of Husky "organizer" bags that come clipped together with a little keychain carabiner. They'll be good for compartmentalizing some items and much cheaper than the Maxpedition-type organizers although I have some of those.

I voted. Correctly, I might add!

Now for some prayer for the outcome, and lets all be thankful for the right and opportunity to screw up our own lives. For this imperfect, riddled with wrongs we need to right, is the only country in the world that guarantees I can try and improve it.

May God bless it and us.