Sign in to follow this  
devildog

What have you done today to better your Prep? II

Dug up all my spuds today!!!

about 110 pounds of white and 80 pounds of sweet taders.Drying them in basement..just in case.lol

ready for the storm.charged every battery/filled all lamps with oil/checked on neighbors/family meds are filled/cleaning more 5 galon water buckets and filling..doing all laundry/kitchen cleaned..

Oh taking a small break here..lol

Prep for the worst-Hope for the best! Good luck and my prayers to all of you exposed to this storm. Be sure and help each other if you can!

Today i did a torecher test on my custom build 10/22 , by fireing 1,500 rounds through the rifle. Did'nt even get a fail to feed. Federal Champion 40 grain ammo was used. Very happy with the outcome in this project.

Got as prepared as I could for the upcoming storm. Should be good on food, water, and fuel. hurricane Irene is what started me prepping so it should be interesting to see how this goes. Everytime something happens it shows me any holes in my prepping.

UPS brought my Berkley filters on monday...Put 2 bucket's togeather..There it is!!Took 3 galon through it after following direction! IT's all good..

putting fresh snow in 5 galon bucket...letting it melt in the house.Putting through Berkey..

Receved my Drop leg holster!..just in time!Fits VERY WELL..

bought Eton wind up raido Saturday..works very well..Cranks..lol. listen to RUSH.local 1440AM..12:00

4 galon bucket of snow produces 1 1/2 galon of water.

I let is melt in house 4 hours/put through Berkley..its a winner!!!!!!!!

so if you want fresh water in winter,than be ready to melt it on a cooker(open fire,bar-b-q,turkey fryer) than filter..or keep it boiling..your choice...

Hope this helps..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1555[/ATTACH]OK- Just finished up sharpening some knives with my new LANSKY 5 stone set.

Are you ready for a review?

I am absolutely enthralled by the simplicity and speed in which this sharpener restored my blades. If there is a better system out there...I'll probably never know as I have no need to look further!

I have always been challenged when it comes to sharpening anything. Truly, the more I tried to get an edge, the worse the blade got. I even tried some fairly expensive electric ones.

So you will understand how great this thing is: I have had two knives that were so bad (seriously) the edge was "round". You could draw the knife across your hand with pressure, and not even begin to get a cut. One was a very thick paring knife I have had in the shop for probably 30 years. One was my regular issue USMC K-Bar that was last used to dig with in desert ops. I mean a lot of digging!

Anyhow- I spent about 15 minutes on it one evening and had it not shaving sharp, but pretty good, although it still had some nicks left over from abuse. This evening I spent another ten minutes on it and all the nicks are gone, and both the main edge as well as the reverse curve edge are close to "outstanding".

Still won't be a "razor blade" but I want an edge that lasts and not too thin.

The little paring knife is a very sturdy model and almost as thick as my K-Bar. Because it has a mostly straight blade, it only took about three or four minutes to go from round edge to slicing tomatoes with ease. (My wife couldn't believe it till she tried slicing some.)

Hi, new here and first time posting. You folks have inspired me to do some prepping. This is my first week and I think I have done pretty well.

1. Purchased a dehydrator...it's been going 24/7 since Sunday

2. Purchased 2 large waterbed bladders. Have sanitized and filled them...(thank goodness for cement floors)

3. Purchased 15 gallons of drinking water and equipment to make a distiller for ocean water..( thank goodness my grandfather and great grand father were moonshiners)

4. Practiced my stitching on banana peelings..(dehydrated the bananas)

5. Cleaned and prepped an area to keep everything

6. Checked over all my fishing gear and made a simple prep pack of fishing supplies

Like I said, this is just the beginning and I have a long list. I do plan to keep it simple, but effective. Thanks for all the info on this site. An "old" lady like me can use all the info she can get.

Welcome ..wettahook..

Great start..pleeeeeeeease be carefull with "Grand dads COPPER"..just saying..lol

Berkley makes great filters/yep I have them..Amazon..No cost shipping!!..

Fly fishing or worm drowning/..and you thought this would be easy..LOL