Sign in to follow this  
devildog

What have you done today to better your Prep? II

Last night 3 of my buddy's, my son & my self were at a farm with corn & other things growing. We were playing hide & seek with our Night Vission gear. It was fun for a couple of hours & teaches one to learn how to hide real good.

Kind of a busy few days. Filled some "stuff" holes I've been a little concerned with. Ordered some seeds and water treatment tablets. Also my dog has an ear infection, so I was happy to tell my husband I would order some "pet antibiotics" to have on hand so we wouldn't have to take her to the vet...she probably doesn't need 3 different types and a big bottle of each, but I can probably find a place to store the extras :D Cleaned out my upstairs to reduce clutter and create a lot of storage space...perfect for secreting extra preps. Biggest gap I'm seeing right now is getting some range time in, and stocking some ammo. The one job I left to my husband, but he doesn't see the urgency. Also reading a lot about gardening; need to prepare the backyard for a raised bed garden, and I'd like to get some fruit trees...have to figure out where they go.

Reversed the dreaded "creep", put back all the things I have pulled out of BOB over last few weeks, mora knife, windup flashlight, spotting scope, first aid kit,can of oysters and added 25 rounds for EDC.

Took out my new (to me) SKS for test firing, after having completely had it stripped down for cleaning and inspection. And what do you know...it worked! Modified an M1/M16 look-alike sling to fit it, and another project almost completed. Still need to check it out on long range accuracy, though.

Also cleaned and filled two barrels with water for storage in the "Prepper's Storeroom". Finally procured an actual bung wrench, instead of "making do". A GREAT addition to my preps!

couple items came in by big brown this weekend. New set of upgraded left springs, heavy duty shocks and over sized sway bar for one of the bovs. Time to jack up the SUV and pi$$ off the neighborhood nazis with their by laws. So i only have three days straight to finish the job.

Been a busy few days. Picked up a 7.1 cubic foot freezer for storing meats, fruits and vegatables. Sears had them on sale for $175 but my wife had enough Sears bonus points to bring it down to $104! What a deal! Took her out to McDonalds as a reward (cheap date).

Then ordered a solar battery backup system capable of powering the freezer and other stuff. That should be here this coming week.

As penance for spending all that money I sawed enough logs for about 3 to 4 cords of wood. Now I have to split it all. My muscles hurt just thinking about it! :rolleyes: