Sign in to follow this  
devildog

What have you done today to better your Prep? II

Ordered a knife, my bob water filter and some tablets, and some cordage. Working on organizing my office/craft area to make room for some of my food preps so my pantry gets some relief.

Today i rotated the tires on my every day car & BOV . Also inspected the calipers, roters, brake pads & lines. Toped up all fluids in the engine bay & replaced all the wiper blades with winter blades. Changed the oil & filter. Surely felt like a grease monkey today. LOL .

Edited by P210SIG
My spelling sucks.

Today i rotated the tires on my every day car & BOV . Also inspected the calipers, roters, brake pads & lines. Toped up all fluids in the engine bay & replaced all the wiper blades with winter blades. Changed the oil & filter. Surely felt like a grease monkey today. LOL .

P210SIG - So, you have a spot open for me on Friday at noon? :o

Also! I am an overweight person. And I have as of today begun a process to start shedding these unwanted pounds. We now own a juicer, and I am officially starting a juice fast as of next week (after slowly weening away from everything from red meat to caffeine.) I no longer use tobacco products in any way. Hiking three days a week minimum 2 hours with the dog.

I'm bettering my prep by bettering my own health.

The past day and a half has been prepful for me. I bought a utility/ATV trailer Wednesday, and I've gotta say it's pretty darn sharp looking. Actually, I paid for it Monday, but I didn't pick it up until Wed. because I was back and forth too much. I'm hardly ever home.

Thursday, I paid a visit to the dentist, got my teeth cleaned and polished, and came out once again without any problems. Also, another pointer here that having health and dental insurance is an awesome everyday prep! Dental health is essential to overall health, and health is crucial to prepping.

I then walked across the street to the main bank, put another tube of Silver Eagles in my safe deposit box, and updated my USB drive of secret ArkansasFan stuff that I keep there. I then fought lunchtime traffic all the way to Walmart, bought a four pack of tie down straps, found them to be far too complicated for me, waded them up, threw them around the backyard for a while, then loaded my riding mower up on my new trailer and went and mowed my girlfriend's lawn to keep her off my ***. That's also essential to prepping, but because I didn't wait around for her to come home from a hard day of accounting she's yet again on my ***. Oh well, I tried.

I just now finished scouring the internet for that elusive, great deal on ammo. I had 14 tabs up comparing prices, shipping, and coupon codes. The deal of the night came from Sportsman's Guide. I ordered 500 rounds of FMJ's for my Glock 23 .40 since I already have an obscene number of hollow points for it, and I got another 100 rounds of Golden Sabers for my Glock 21 .45 so it wouldn't feel left out. I got bonded GS's this time. I also loaded the Glock 23 conversion/.357 Sig barrel I'm trying to sell onto eBay - a first for me.

I've been spending quite a bit of time over at Bud's Guns then reading forums and watching Youtube doing my research. I'm really getting the itch for pistol number five. I'm drooling over Sig P229s (.40), P220s, and P220 Compacts and giving the Smith & Wesson M&P .45 and M&P .45 Compact a good look.

Guns aren't the end all be all to prepping. I'm just on a gun kick right now as a hobby. Eventually that will fade, and I'll float back around to gardening or something. Maybe I'll even start running more often again. I have nothing to do right now and am trying to stay up as late as possible to sleep all Friday so I can work Friday night at the hospital.

Been a while since my last post, but we've been busy nontheless. Yes, my better half did infact take the lead on giving our BOBs a "seasonal redo", but that is another thread and possiblly my first to start up.

Last weekend, we spent three days at the farm getting things ready for winter. Propane tank topped off, topped off the "farm fuel" tank and added stabil for peace of mind, topped off the generator and put up 20 gallons of diesel for the generator. We ran system checks on the solar panels and all were producing admirably even in the crappy NE Texas weather. Cleaned and serviced the battery bank. Exchanged the standard filiment 12 volt bulbs with LEDs in the emergency lighhting system. We did a little calking and maintenance aound the cabin. My country neighbor brought me more than enough 2" drill pipe to build pipe fence along road frontage for free. Well, I loaned him my tractor and mower last week in exchange. He even mowed around my cabin for me too and brought the tractor back full of fuel. Along with all the labor, we brought up " a few" more items for the stash from home that we've accumulated. All in all, we had a great time, built a fire in the pit, had a cocktail or 6 with our neighbors, and slept with the windows open!

Edited by Straydog
spelling

I bought a “BRAND NEW Apple iPhone 5 64GB-- $350

Sorry to all… the devil made me do it!

;)

I hope you get the joke!

aaaacckk! <<<<rayz stabs self in eye w/ unsharpened #2 pencil!

ok back to thread,, met VERY interesting individual today with preps and a small retreat 'group', have begun the elusive 'OPSEC dance,' with said individual to see if there could be some mutual benefit to continued contact,,,we shall see,,that he is on the up and up i have no question, just a matter of "fit"if ya know what i mean,