Sign in to follow this  
devildog

What have you done today to better your Prep? II

With the exception of razor blades and toilet paper I picked up what I feel is another year's worth of health and hygiene items, another storage tote, a couple pallets of water, and another 1,100 rounds of .22LR ammo. Charmin to follow, lol.

Also backed up some files on another encrypted flash drive for off-site stashing.

I just ordered a few books from amazon. Back To Basics, One Second After, Patriots: Surviving the Coming Collapse, and one on making hand dipped candles. Im hoping the last one gets the wife involved a little. Also going to get some long overdue dental work done tonight. I would hate to have a tooth pulled post TEOTWAWKI

Tinder, the way you make you paracord items, you need 6,000 feet!

I did nothing today but there is a gun show on Saturday and I plan to arrive with plenty of cash in order to purchase the firearms relayed items.

Pick me up a good stainless 4" .357 Magnum. ;)

Tinder, the way you make you paracord items, you need 6,000 feet!

I did nothing today but there is a gun show on Saturday and I plan to arrive with plenty of cash in order to purchase the firearms relayed items.

Lol yeah I haven't replenished my para cord for a while and my supply was dwindling...down to 1500 feet. Thought I should stock up in case anymore orders come in

Sam's Club got in some new work cabinets that are all metal on heavy duty rollers. They are 36" wide x 18" deep x 72" high. Just perfect for my overhauled workshop I have been working on for the last six months! Did I mention they were at a good price? So I picked up two and assembled them this week end.

My wife and I rearranged food supplies and dedicated the new cabinets to bulk food storage. We did an inventory and are going back to Sam's today to try and add more to storage. Love that woman!

Just getting started on everything. Ordered my backpack and the med book "doom and blooms" researching water filters and practical classes I can take in the next few months. A little overwhelmed, but trying to get super organized so I can get as much done as possible.

Just getting started on everything. Ordered my backpack and the med book "doom and blooms" researching water filters and practical classes I can take in the next few months. A little overwhelmed, but trying to get super organized so I can get as much done as possible.

Its not hard to be overwhelmed with all this stuff. But your head is in the right place. Get your thoughts organized, then head out with a plan. Feel free to ask anything. Im sure someone can provide an answer.

am digging up garden area, wish i had a rototiller, but then doin it by hand imparts a certain satisfaction, and its quieter too, wonder what to plant though with fall/winter coming, potatoes methinks, radishes too, garlic, onions? frost comes november i think, maybe dec before it gets cold..

Rayz, try carrots as well. You can mulch them in with straw to help ward of the freeze but even adding some fresh manure in the winter can help, as it creates heat as it decomposes. I'd just not put it directly on the row just close enough to help and then mulch over it. Find a book on using hot boxes for colder growing.

Today my son & I, planted a pear tree in the backyard. I'm hopefull next year, we'll get some fruits from our labour.

i dont wanna rain on your parade, but I guess Im going too... Dont get your hopes up about fruit on that newly planted tree. It maybe a few years old already, but depending on how well that tree takes to its new home and how deep the roots have to go. I was bout 6yrs old, planting apples/peaches in Kentucky. THose trees didnt start producing anything 'good' and useful until I was 16 or 17. Everyday in the fall and summer I took my wheel-burrow full of water jugs, one for each tree for several years just to take care of the trees. THe soil in that part of kentucky is mostly clay and gravel. For anything substantial to grow, the roots have to grow deep enough, 30ft or more, to get to the natural ground moisture. Once those trees got there, they REALLY took off for both growth and produce.

WHat I did today for survival ? Chill the F* out after long day at work.

i dont wanna rain on your parade, but I guess Im going too... Dont get your hopes up about fruit on that newly planted tree. It maybe a few years old already, but depending on how well that tree takes to its new home and how deep the roots have to go. I was bout 6yrs old, planting apples/peaches in Kentucky. THose trees didnt start producing anything 'good' and useful until I was 16 or 17. Everyday in the fall and summer I took my wheel-burrow full of water jugs, one for each tree for several years just to take care of the trees. THe soil in that part of kentucky is mostly clay and gravel. For anything substantial to grow, the roots have to grow deep enough, 30ft or more, to get to the natural ground moisture. Once those trees got there, they REALLY took off for both growth and produce.

WHat I did today for survival ? Chill the F* out after long day at work.

Well i've been blessed for the past 21 years living in the same dwelling. I've planted plenty of fruit trees in the backyard. apples, peaches, plums, cherrie, & grapes vines. Every one of them have produced fruits the next year. Thank's for your input though.

Well i've been blessed for the past 21 years living in the same dwelling. I've planted plenty of fruit trees in the backyard. apples, peaches, plums, cherrie, & grapes vines. Every one of them have produced fruits the next year. Thank's for your input though.

I'm jealous! I'd love to have a little fruit and nut orchard.