Sign in to follow this  
devildog

What have you done today to better your Prep? II

Depending on which state I happen to be living at the time and its seasonal events,my routing has been the same,cold weather preps,snow storms,power,heating,food ,many years now in florida,prep for the weather conditions,rain,wind,power lost,food,water and now we have the human predetor kind of animal,seen that first hand,is real and deadly.But honest to God, I rather live in a cold or hot texas prairie,or snow bound in tornado alley,than in this uneducated,backwards city.

Took advice from THePatroitNurse and got some Mucinex for Flu season. Especialy since we have 2 different strands of flu to avoid this year. (1 seasonal flu + 1 enhanced Swine flu)

Modified my EDC contents.

Realized Prep 'shortcomings' for water.... but you'll always need more water :P

Well just gotta tell ya, August 31st was my 50+ brithday, we was on a camping trip, got up that morning had a few cups of coffee and my wife handed me her credit card and told me to go buy me a brithday present, well I surely jumped up, jumped in my good ole 1977 CJ5 bug out jeep and headed the gun store and bought me a brand new still in the box Glock 19 Gen 3 and I love it....sure gotta love a woman like that

Ever have one of those days where every news was good news? Well today was one for me.

To start Excoastie informed me I had won his knife give away!

Then I got a call from a fellow prepper saying he had gone threw some old cache of his and found some sks gear he had forgotten to sale when he changed to the AR platform....and would I like it? It included 2, 30 round mags, bayonete ,cleaning rod and kit and a stock,....he refused to accept any payment!

Then another call let me know my bid had been accepted on a job I sorely needed.

I truly hope everyone had as nice a Labor day as I did.....but mine was hard to beat! Prep on!

Edited by nobody

Ever have one of those days where every news was good news? Well today was one for me.

To start Excoastie informed me I had won his knife give away!

Then I got a call from a fellow prepper saying he had gone threw some old cache of his and found some sks gear he had forgotten to sale when he changed to the AR platform....and would I like it? It included 2, 30 round mags, bayonete ,cleaning rod and kit and a stock,....he refused to accept any payment!

Then another call let me know my bid had been accepted on a job I sorely needed.

I truly hope everyone had as nice a Labor day as I did.....but mine was hard to beat! Prep on!

you'll have to change your name to "somebody" now -lol!:D grats!!

Well just gotta tell ya, August 31st was my 50+ brithday, we was on a camping trip, got up that morning had a few cups of coffee and my wife handed me her credit card and told me to go buy me a brithday present, well I surely jumped up, jumped in my good ole 1977 CJ5 bug out jeep and headed the gun store and bought me a brand new still in the box Glock 19 Gen 3 and I love it....sure gotta love a woman like that

So, a Ruger bought a Glock. Good for you! Seriously, you have a very nice wife. Some of us hit the jackpot in that respect. Belated Happy Birthday.

I had a great prepper day! I found a guy selling food grade 55 gallon drums, pre-washed clean and ready for drinking water for $35 each. I also has grabbed 6 five gallon plastic cans (kind of like those plastic gas containers but better) that lock together to become very stable. They also have a small clear thread running down one side so you can easily see how much liquid is left. Those are also food grade. Lastly I bought two regular five gallon looking containers on steroids! The hold 25 gallons and have a locking ring around the top so they will never pop open. They will be a great place for rice and bean storage. I plan to go back in a few weeks to buy more. Anyone in New England that wants some, I will give you his number. I will post pictures as soon as I can for you North East people that might want to grab some.

Wood for burning/I put up another 50 galons of water......

NavyVet....Price of water...

depends on how thirsty you get!!!

Question is what do you carry your water in??can you carry a 5 galon contaner more than 3 miles??

5 galon is enough for 2 1/2 days for 2 people.....so twice a week to refill???

IM JUST ASKING

Gotta love sarcassim. my seperate statements are unrelated to one another.

As for your question how much and how far can i carry it? IDK... never tried to carry 5 gallons

Cleaned some of my weapons, put together several classes for my Survival Preparedness training at the church and one for the EXPO coming up the end of Sept in Spokane Washington.

Heading out to cut firewood for my neighbor and I.

RR

Got bored this morning and to make myself feel better about a hiccup at work i decided to go shopping... today i got : two pair wool socks, map compass, lensatic compass, soap, 5x7 tarp in a 4x7.5x2 pouch, magnesium fire starter, Coleman fire starters, watertight box, folding utensils, sawyer extractor, 4 bics, and a multispice with curry, salt pepper, paprika, garlic salt, and cayenne.

and my stormproof matches arrived in the mail.

Stocked BOB's for my children (wife's and my original)and purchased two new Ascend 3000 packs for the wife and I and stocked them with bug out items. Picked up some 3/0 suture kits and looking for more stuff. Checking out the Gerber Artifact and might get a couple of these. Also got a maxp. day bag and getting a list for it as a EDC items.

Edited by bike4fun919