Sign in to follow this  
Regulator5

DIY Tick Repellent

This is a formula posted on www.homesteadsurvival.com

To repel ticks, mix 1 part tea tree oil to 2 parts water in a spray bottle. Apply around shoes, socks, pant cuffs (I'd add shirt collars, wrist cuffs, etc). Says it is safe for human usage and I know I have used tea tree oil in my hair in the past. Essential oils are a good thing and for external use, I do not know of an expiration date but they will lose some potency. Hope this helps as Lyme disease or Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever would be a definite SHTF moment.

Wow. If you're talking "parts" and not just drops of oil, that mix may repel just about anything. LOL.

I got a spider bite on my elbow last weekend and the poison got into the bursa sac. I'd used tea tree oil on it until I finally had to go get an antibiotic for what became an infected and swollen mess. First time I'd ever used tea tree oil on myself. Kinda stinky.

Edited by MikeE

the best thing for a spider bite make a wet blob of salt and place on the bite or on a piece of material

gauze etc and tape it around so the salt stays in contact and draws out the venom also a venom

extractor or a syringe cut the head off as square as possible and use it as an extractor.

when it looks like it is erupting that is when it is most dangerous cellulituis or a major infection so

use of powdered sulfur or antibiotic salve and or pure salt if it is all you have a drop of honey

your attempting to stem an infection it need to stay covered and be clean / cleaned

a spider eats flies and other insects that carry viruses it is all over the spider so immediate cleaning

and disinfectant cover with a drawing agent like salt sliver of salt pork {i say this only as a last resort}

we do not pack like we did years ago used to we carried salt pork for its oil for cooking

as wild game has little oil mostly dense red meat also it added salt and flavoring to beans it did no go bad

we carried it in a cotton sack with salt. like an old bank coin sack.

topical treatments may or may not work as penetration may not be effective you need to draw the

infection out and or prevent the open wound from getting reinfected or the original infection continuing

to propagate in the wound.

How big is a wound a pin prick any opening in the skin can allow infectious material in, the soil & water has

a full load of biological's that will kill you.

red tide for instance stay away far away wind and storms carry it inland and it takes a while before it is

safe to traverse the area.

not much different in fresh water rock slime and moss etc in to any bite cut or scratch and you could

potentially be in trouble.

Never walk in dew with cuts and scratches dew is only damp biological material waiting to enter your

body we are living in a time where very few areas are not infested by human biologicals.

when it says trail that need to wake you up that thousands of people have traveled this area scat

urine spit snot you name it they left it.

any area where humans lived have had outhouses or just defecated in the weeds animals have no porto

cans so figure you need all the antibacterials and antiseptics you can have as well as soap 1 bar of lye

soap will last a hell of a lot longer than any liquid and the surface is not agreeable to biologicals

keep it in a plastic soap box.

Thanks Snake. Lost the top layer of skin, about the size of a nickel. Using an antibacterial goo on the 2nd layer of skin, topped by a butterfly. There is still some infection in there, so I'm gonna give it one more day before going to the ER. Taking an oral antibiotic too. Hasn't kicked in much

MikeE

yea it takes 2 + days for antibiotic to kick in ER is a good thing cellulitus is a bad mohican

and can be a life time problem a friend cot it and his legs look like he has elephantiasis.

and his legs swell badly and hurt all the time.

so make sure you take care of it.

Vinegar has a smell and taste that ticks cannot stand, making it the perfect tick repellent. In a spray bottle, mix a solution of 2 cups water and 1 cup white vinegar or apple cider vinegar (either will work). Add in a few drops of your favorite essential oil for scent, then spray onto pets, clothing, skin, and even on the lawn.

B)