Sign in to follow this  
Ranger

Crisis in Europe

"...because the government said so ? well in 2 years canned tuna fish has gone from 43 cents to 79 cents "

In the greater Detroit area (Troy,Pontiac,Warren etc.) canned tuna is ON SALE if its less than $1.10

I just went to Kroger today, and have a 'discount card'

Paid 1.39 for 1 head of Romaine lettuce

$6 for Half pound Colby Jack cheese. (Kroger brand)

$1.59 1 loaf, White bread

$1.50 Coke 2-liter (on sale 2 for $3)

Just to name a few pricetag atrocities.

Current gas IN detroit is averaging $3.89, in the suburbs its closer to $3.69

Getting all the stuff up to the apartment and not being seen with grovery bags is another matter. My wife and I never buy more than we can carry up in 1 trip. or else we risk having the car broken into or jumped on the 2nd trip to from the car.

What a friggin stressful way to live.....sounds liKE you should open carry that M&P .45.

Ranger

I have only been trying to explain this DOMINO ECONOMY to people and all I ever hear is it will never happen here

or the governments will step in {like in greece LMAO}

people are only now seeing that collapse is possible in fact very likely but the 39% that have not been affected

are still whistling past the grave yard {I derive that from the numbers of those who feel they are doing better}

so the analogy of if your neighbor gets laid off it's a recession if you got laid off it's a depression holds.

unemployment is way higher than is being reported as if you are not eligible or have run out of unemployment

you are not counted as unemployed sounds crazy well it's a government way of doing things so it is.

I am waiting for the ax to fall here like in Greece when money looses 50% of it's value over night.

maybe then people will pull their head out of their azz.

loosing 50% out of their IRA or home value has not moved them to get off their azz yet and think for

themselves instead of taking government figures and pie in the sky future projections as fact.

Had we been on course by government numbers we would be at 6% increase in GDP and way out of the

recession like a year and a half and at back to 4.5% unemployment {well that ain't happened}

and your home value would be back on track as well as your 401K.

Here is the hilarious part if you were making 24,000 a year lost your job and got a minimum wage job

and lost everything you can get food stamps but your not unemployed LMAO.

Today, head of the European central bank (ECB) Mario Draghi told the EU parliament that the Eurozone (the economik union) is not sustainable.

He critizised the way leaders of the union have delt whit the crisis and asked fore a detaild plan, both fore the Euro and budget cooperation beween the contrys.

His view on how to deal whit the problem is that the individual states give away their sovrignity and create a more tight political union.

Last time Europe was in deep economic trouble more than 70 years ago there was a man thinking the same; He called it "Das Reich"

Ranger

Edited by Ranger

Today, head of the European central bank (ECB) Mario Draghi told the EU parliament that the Eurozone (the economik union) is not sustainable.

He critizised the way leaders of the union have delt whit the crisis and asked fore a detaild plan, both fore the Euro and budget cooperation beween the contrys.

His view on how to deal whit the problem is that the individual states give away their sovrignity and create a more tight political union.

Last time Europe was in deep economic trouble more than 70 years ago there was a man thinking the same; He called it "Das Reich"

Ranger

Hi Ranger,

"The" United States (states as in countries) used to be a union of individual nations, all very autonomous and the Federal Government, like the EU was weak with very limited and well defined powers. Taxes were extremely low, we had no entangling alliances with other nations and no standing army to fund.

After a man named Lincoln provoked the Southern States into a war and defeated them, he consolidated all these separate lands into one highly centralized country with an "all-powerful" Federal Government which was never the aim of those who founded the U.S.A.

Slavery was of course an issue but only for the rich 6% of Southerners who owned slaves....the other 94% fought for the concept of States Rights and against this idea of centralized control. But the winners write the history so Slavery is all you'll hear about and the Stars and Bars, really a symbol of freedom slandered as the equivalent to the swastika.

In any case, the erosion of "states" rights and citizen rights continues to this day in the former Unites State(s), the Federal government starts wars at will, allows the gutting/outsourcing of much of our industries, mismanages the economy and bankrupts the county all with cynical impunity...

Europeans should pay attention to what happened to America in 1861. The more consolidated power is, the easier it is for ever fewer and more corrupt people to control things and the less one as an individual can do about it. DoEuropeans really want a U.S.E?

Wolfe

Edited by Dangerwolfe

one of my recent posts has many links but here is the one that has a chart about the middle of the page

that should help us understand that it is going to SNAP how and what and who goes first is irrelevant because

if one decent size area goes we all go.

http://www.gfmag.com/tools/global-database/economic-data/10395-public-deficit-by-country.html#axzz1wVSpDVwE

According to that chart.. the US is worse off than Greece!! I guess the only thing keeping us up at all is our... what? ummm... Im at a loss...

ANd notice they didnt even bother putting Argentina on the list.

Damn Yankees. Hell no, it ain't over. Problem is, now we got bigger fish to fry. But, I'm glad to see that our wonderful edu system here hasn't perverted everyone's view of the war of northern aggression.

Hi Ranger,

"The" United States (states as in countries) used to be a union of individual nations, all very autonomous and the Federal Government, like the EU was weak with very limited and well defined powers. Taxes were extremely low, we had no entangling alliances with other nations and no standing army to fund.

After a man named Lincoln provoked the Southern States into a war and defeated them, he consolidated all these separate lands into one highly centralized country with an "all-powerful" Federal Government which was never the aim of those who founded the U.S.A.

Slavery was of course an issue but only for the rich 6% of Southerners who owned slaves....the other 94% fought for the concept of States Rights and against this idea of centralized control. But the winners write the history so Slavery is all you'll hear about and the Stars and Bars, really a symbol of freedom slandered as the equivalent to the swastika.

In any case, the erosion of "states" rights and citizen rights continues to this day in the former Unites State(s), the Federal government starts wars at will, allows the gutting/outsourcing of much of our industries, mismanages the economy and bankrupts the county all with cynical impunity...

Europeans should pay attention to what happened to America in 1861. The more consolidated power is, the easier it is for ever fewer and more corrupt people to control things and the less one as an individual can do about it. DoEuropeans really want a U.S.E?

Wolfe

Edited by MikeE

Damn Yankees. Hell no, it ain't over. Problem is, now we got bigger fish to fry. But, I'm glad to see that our wonderful edu system here hasn't perverted everyone's view of the war of northern aggression.

Hi Mike,

Nope, the brainwashing completely and utterly failed :D The Truth is never popular.

BTW: You're right....it ain't over.

Wolfe

Edited by Dangerwolfe

well I wonder

how they are going to spin this the jobs report was not only dismal but was immediately revised and

the previous 3 months were revised so they have been lying to us AGAIN LMAO.

simon hobbs in CNBC is a covert lefty he is all on the Greece is the problem instead of what can solve our

problems.

O was on earlier giving his we {meaning us} need to do more and he inherited a problem speech AGAIN

reminds me of a hypnotist saying the same things over and over SLEEP SLEEP.......

they are talking about we are on the edge of another recession LMAO we have never got out of the ditch

they are talking QE3 OMG your money is going to come on a roll like toilet paper in fact toilet paper will be

worth more than American Dollars BUT hey better than Greek Drachma's.

The interest rate is indicative of the worth / value of your money it should be at 9 to 10 % it is at 1.45%

that means that the loaning entities KNOW that the chances of being paid back is slim to none the interest

rate is like the odds on a horse race it is reading to me 1.5 to 10 if you win you get a buck fifty on 10 bucks

wagered is that insane or what.

for a while it will seem ok as fuel prices will go down but get ready for the backlash.

this is like drilling for water through your septic tank.

I see it coming but I can't seem to get anyone to listen like a B horror movie your yelling look behind you

and they are saying you ain't pulling that gag on me as the monster slowly opens it's mouth to bite their head off.

At 4:30 am they were saying gold was probably going to 1400 it is had risen

today to over 1600 at 1:30 pm.

they are talking about how great auto sales are well it takes 5 years to get

paid off or out of the loan home sales take 30 years that is future money

that is not as valuable as money today.

they keep talking like we can escape the housing bubble in a couple of years

people need a calculator {and learn how to use one} you cannot wipe out

30 years of debt in 2 DUH !!!

the European problem will cause more unemployment here thus increases

in home and car repossessions we are already up to our azz in repo's

So if your an optimist you need to quit smoking that sh*t.

the chart I referred to shows ALL the core countries are running on credit

and the credit is going to run out.

Edited by juzcallmesnake

Well NavyVet_77(by the way, i was allso in the navy before i get green) My son and i are going prospecting this summer, geting our own precious metals.

I hope we will be able to buy several bubble gums for our GOLD!

Adventure for a five year old boy, sleeping in a tent in the bush and spending the days digging for gold and fishing.....

Ive been procrastinating about my precious metals purchases (not investing)... need to get that done.

I am using CMI. My preference is 1 ounce rounds. Typically buffalos or Maple leafs. How about you?

The Bilionare investor George Soros say that unless Germany manage to solve the Euro crisis whitin 3 months the risk for destuction of the European Union wil be great!

Do not bother whit Greece, they are allredy doomed to leave the EU, and quite frankly their economi is so small it does not really matter to others than some banks, some investors and all the people of Greece.....

The big game at the moment is (S)pain; The news from Spain gets worse by the day and some people have allredy started to talk about that the prize of only saving the spanish banks wil be 450 billion Euro.

And if Spain should bail out their own banks, the interest wil be more than 7% if they cold get financing, something i think is more than unlikely, afterall they could not finance the Bankia bail out i wrote about earlyer in the thread.

I was sleeping like a baby in my tent in polar bear contry at the svalbard islands, 3000 polar bears wandering around(closest one a mile a way as we knew of thow:rolleyes:) but what is happening in Europe right now is scaring the sh..t out of me!!!

Ranger

prefered form of metals ?

Many brokers not only sell coins, but bars of various weights and sizes, full size ingots, BEADs like used in jewelry etc.

While a handful of silver beads would be a very easy way to pay for things based on the wieght of the silver these silver beads arent really something you can consider 'tradable'. A local merchant, not knowing much about silver wouldnt be very likely to accept bright shiney beads as a tradable tender. Ingots and bars are plainly marked with a minters mark and wieght. But again, normal people and merchants wouldnt know a REAL bar/ingot if they saw one. People know coins. You would obviously want to sell your bars/ingot at a metals dealer, as suggested in Ferfal's book. This also presents the issue of finding a dealer worth trusting, which Ferfal also points out. But getting coins, its a form of metal that the average person can relate to and are more likely to make a trade according to the silver value, rather than the face value. JMO

Europe will feel the heat soon,and Spain may be the spark..Once the fire is lit the anarchist will JUMP,seeing an opertunity!

Let us NOT forget!!

The Spanish Constitution of 1978 reestablished [1][9] a constitutional monarchy as the form of government for Spain. The 1978 constitution affirmed the role of the King of Spain as the personification and embodiment of the Spanish State and a symbol of Spain's enduring unity and permanence.[2][10] Constitutionally, the king is the head-of-state and commander-in-chief of the Spanish Armed Forces.[2][10] The constitution codifies the use of royal styles and titulary, royal prerogatives, hereditary succession to the crown, compensation, and a regency-guardianship contingency in cases of the monarch's minority or incapacitation.[2][10] According to the constitution, the monarch is also instrumental in promoting Ibero-American relations, the "nations of its historical community".[2][10] In this capacity, the King of Spain serves as the president of the Ibero-American States Organization, representing over 700,000,000 people in twenty-four member nations worldwide. In 2008, Juan Carlos I was considered the most popular leader in all Ibero-America.

History has proven that when people see the failure of a present system they return to "OLD Faithful" to beleve in..

The military would back him,the People would have SOMETHING to hold on to instead of FAILED commie Ideas!!

A Nation United under ONE person and Idea is going to happen.Pride is a unifier...

JMO.for what its worth..

Europe will feel the heat soon,and Spain may be the spark..Once the fire is lit the anarchist will JUMP,seeing an opertunity!

Let us NOT forget!!

The Spanish Constitution of 1978 reestablished [1][9] a constitutional monarchy as the form of government for Spain. The 1978 constitution affirmed the role of the King of Spain as the personification and embodiment of the Spanish State and a symbol of Spain's enduring unity and permanence.[2][10] Constitutionally, the king is the head-of-state and commander-in-chief of the Spanish Armed Forces.[2][10] The constitution codifies the use of royal styles and titulary, royal prerogatives, hereditary succession to the crown, compensation, and a regency-guardianship contingency in cases of the monarch's minority or incapacitation.[2][10] According to the constitution, the monarch is also instrumental in promoting Ibero-American relations, the "nations of its historical community".[2][10] In this capacity, the King of Spain serves as the president of the Ibero-American States Organization, representing over 700,000,000 people in twenty-four member nations worldwide. In 2008, Juan Carlos I was considered the most popular leader in all Ibero-America.

History has proven that when people see the failure of a present system they return to "OLD Faithful" to beleve in..

The military would back him,the People would have SOMETHING to hold on to instead of FAILED commie Ideas!!

A Nation United under ONE person and Idea is going to happen.Pride is a unifier...

JMO.for what its worth..

reminded me of SNL Juan Carlos is dead and Chevy Chase drug it out for months Juan Carlos is still dead LMAO

I think the EU has a a comeback I would not pronounce them dead yet like a cut the scab has got to fall off

before you see new skin / like riding in a balloon rid your self of excess sand bags and find your flying again

of course there are parallels to that balloon analogy on a sharp fall later but that's another story.

What happens in Europe vil not stay in Europe....

What i am talking about is the contagion of the European crisis, it is getting worse by the day!

As in Greece the spanish prime minister only weeks ago told that Spain would not need to be bailed out but then asked the EU for a loan of 100 billion Euro.

The EU very soon, and to mannys relife told they would do so, markeds bounced and for 24 hours the party was back on track.

Then it seams like everybody woke up whit a hangover and started to realize that this was far from enogh, and from that on the interest on spanish ten year debt rised to 6,8%, and Italian debt at 6%.

Unfortunatly for the italians it is not only that their interest rate is going up, but they allso are responsable for getting 20% of the spanish bailout money on the table!

Spain is getting a comfortable 3% interest on their bail out for the banks but Italy has to loan their part of the bailout(20 billion Euros) at an interest of 6%.........

I bet most of the italian taxpayers dont know that they have to pay half the interest on a loan that Spain may not have the posibility to ever pay back!

By the way, Italys economy contracted 2,5% last year and are suposed to do the same this year. Whit the third biggest pool of debt in the world(only USA an Japan is more indebted) Italy will soon have to take the beggars staff and knock on the gate of Brussels.

How long before this plague spreads? I am not sure USA have much more shots to take!

Ranger

Edited by Ranger

Sign in to follow this