Sign in to follow this  
Ranger

How to store your provisions

The other day i past my lokal store and i could see that they had been throwing out some of their old shelfs.

I went inn and asked the manager if i cold help him take the shelfes away, telling him i needed shelfes fore my hobbyroom (not a lie!).

He told me to take what i vanted, and soon i was putting up sturdy and free shelfes in my pantry too suport my cache of food.

Some of the shelfes was of the type that u r filling inn from the back so that the oldest cans allways comes first, this is very helpful in rotating your stock.

Insted of throwing good money out the window, asking a polite qestion may help you getting what u need and others a helping hand at the same time.

I'm impressed - the rotating shelves in particular can be expensive, and ANYTHING that helps you better organize and keep track of the inventory of your supplies is a great thing in my book. That you got them for free is just so much better!

Good reminder to keep an eye out. It's actually a timely reminder for me, too: I live near a college town and know that at the end of the spring term, you can find all sorts of free furniture (including book shelves, desks, tables, and chairs) all around the campus as students move out. It's not usually the most attractive furniture, but a solid wood table or shelving unit doesn't have to be when it's in a workshop... and you can always refinish things if you're so inclined. Sand paper and spray paint can work virtual miracles on freebies.

Shelfes fore rotation are pretty easy to make as wel; Take a deep shelf (half a yard or so), if the shelves are of the loose type that is resting on something, just lift up and fasten the rear end (of the shelf;).and fix some sort of barrier in front.

If they are not loose, then place a piece of wood in the back end(a one by one" ), fasten it and add a piece of plywood on top and then a barrier in front. You wil now have a nice sloping shelf fore your cans.

I should ad that i take no responsability over anny use, missuse, bad dreams or other problems regarding this shelves.Allways use safety googles and hard hat when closer than ten yards:-)

Best regards; Ranger

I should ad that i take no responsability over anny use, missuse, bad dreams or other problems regarding this shelves.Allways use safety googles and hard hat when closer than ten yards:-)

Best regards; Ranger

LOL You say that like you think Americans will sue if they injure themselves while poorly following directions! Nicely done on the legal disclaimer.

and a very good one but some here would sue if the sun is late coming up.

Yes, & that is part of the problem here in America. That is why some items cost way more than what it takes to build, package & sell.