Sign in to follow this  
P210SIG

Barack Obama suports same-sex marraige.

I got married by a justice of the peace with nothing vaguely religious involved, cost a heck of a lot less and got all the same legal rights and responsibilities as my buddy who spent 15k on his brides dream wedding and the big church.

I'm shocked you think $15,000 is an expensive wedding these days. The average cost, according to wedding website TheKnot.com, is over $27,000. Isn't that crazy? Just think of what you could do with that money rather than spend it on flowers, dresses, and stationery! If I ever get married, I'm going to Vegas.

I'm shocked you think $15,000 is an expensive wedding these days. The average cost, according to wedding website TheKnot.com, is over $27,000. Isn't that crazy? Just think of what you could do with that money rather than spend it on flowers, dresses, and stationery! If I ever get married, I'm going to Vegas.

You are correct, OC. As a dad that just married off his daughter, I can attest to the expense. Your number is dangerously close. I tried to get them to elope, with cash in hand, but the women had to have that nice wedding. Hey, she's the only daughter I've got, so I just smiled and wrote lots of checks. LOL

Hey, she's the only daughter I've got, so I just smiled and wrote lots of checks. LOL

And I'm sure she appreciated it. While there is certainly some mockery invited by spending so much money on what's basically a few minutes of seriousness and then a big party, it's also (hopefully) a once-in-a-lifetime event, likely the culmination of months of planning and years of dreams, and you DID make sure that she'll have beautiful memories to cherish forever. Expensive? Yes. But possibly a good investment when you think of it that way.

I sometimes wonder if I'm missing something because I'm so pragmatic. Like I said, Vegas would be fine for me. I'm also not going to swoon over roses or jewelry (but finding out that my honey has gotten my car's oil changed or fixed a board on the porch or something makes my heart go pitter-pat). LOL

I can't help it, spending that much to get hitched just seems silly to me no matter how it gets spun. Put the money into a house, or stable investments that will grow over the decades. Or into a chunk or rural land and discreet improvements ;)

The only good thing about gay and lesbians - and probably why it should be frowned up - is they cannot reproduce or create their own offspring.

Sounds stupid but they cannot survive as a subset of the population unless heterosexuals produce offspring with genetic flaw and it is a flaw b/c reproduction is human survival at its most basic level.

As for Yobama - he promised them the world last election and delivered nothing which is why he is sending his support now,for now, and probably not to be fullfilled unless the form a trade union. Hairstylist, Florist, and Decorators Unions - The Local Pink, Purple, & Yellow?

The only good thing about gay and lesbians - and probably why it should be frowned up - is they cannot reproduce or create their own offspring.

The human race would be better served if stupid people couldn't breed. Of course, we're countermanding the laws of nature about who can breed and under what circumstances with infertility treatments already. A beautiful thing about gays and lesbians is that they can raise other people's offspring in a loving, supportive environment to let them grow up to be functional, productive, happy adults.

And you're right - there wouldn't be gays and lesbians if heterosexuals didn't give birth to them. But since homosexuality is found in other species, I'm thinking it wouldn't be wise to hold your breath that it will somehow be bred out of humans, either. Actually, scratch that. Maybe you should hold your breath on that! ;)

Edited by oregonchick

The spawn of Beelzebub that publish 'BRIDAL MAGAZINES' deserve a particularly HOT spot in hell! My precious first born wanted a $10,000 bridal dress, a sit down dinner for about 500 (they wanted to invite a Rugby league!) at the swankiest hotel in Galveston, etc.:mad:

I burned the magazines:p, EXPLAINED the financial facts of life to her, and we had a $4,000 wedding. That $800 dress has only been worn once, the Knights of Columbus hall served very well (everyone had fun and NO damages for broken finery), much of the decorating was made by my bride and my daughters, etc. Biggest expense outside of the hall was catering and photos. SURVIVAL HINT: Unless you're a pro, NEVER volunteer to be THE wedding photographer. I assure you, it won't be right and there will be hard feelings for decades.

A consumer society sends a mint convincing folks that spending big bucks is the ONLY way. They lie.

Just my not so humble opinion.

The human race would be better served if stupid people couldn't breed. Of course, we're countermanding the laws of nature about who can breed and under what circumstances with infertility treatments already. A beautiful thing about gays and lesbians is that they can raise other people's offspring in a loving, supportive environment to let them grow up to be functional, productive, happy adults.

And you're right - there wouldn't be gays and lesbians if heterosexuals didn't give birth to them. But since homosexuality is found in other species, I'm thinking it wouldn't be wise to hold your breath that it will somehow be bred out of humans, either. Actually, scratch that. Maybe you should hold your breath on that! ;)

ye but nature has its own way of doing things whether you like it or not. and nature or god, whitch ever you choose - does not like homosexuality.

BamaMan

they do not "DO" God Christ did what none of them ever will put aside His life and do what was right

because it was right.

the crucifixion of self is not in those who do not believe they think that LOVE means the sensual

or physical LOVE means doing what is right feelings have nothing to do with it.

If we need money do we rob? if we want a car do we just take it? it is selfishness to an extreme.

People fail to understand that 2 souls are in the balance or multiples near hear a father left the family

and joined he gay lover his son was distraught and depressed, apparently the father had words with

his son and that caused the son to kill his father.

Love conquers all NOT in this instance there will be unintended consequences for sin weather having a mistress alternate lifestyles of drug use and they can be unintentional the end is the same "harm"

I keep asking what about the families they are being cheated of TRUE blood grand children and

continuation of the family line how tragic that must be for them I have seen it and they try to

put on their best face but there is no denying they are dissatisfied and wish it were not so.

a friend has a daughter in this situation and they deal with it quietly but they have other children

and only one is doing well and has their 3 grand children and the other is in prison and probably will

die there.

I know his lesbian daughter well I get along with her but I notice she is not GAY more not happy

a long time ago we had THE conversation she knows how what I believe but also knows I care about

her and her parents we have good conversations and she knows she can call anytime.

life is like boarding a train best to do it from a stop at a station some try to do it their way and get knocked down or drug under the wheels some think they got a free ride and have to jump before they

get to their destination and end dirty and beat up.

there is always a price I am just glad I asked Jesus and he paid mine because I most certainly could not have afforded it. IMHO