Sign in to follow this  
P210SIG

Barack Obama suports same-sex marraige.

when your left of center it shows he is just one of the 1/2 of the U.S. that has not got a clue

that it's about insurance so their significant other can be put on the company policy.

as at the moment most states will not place or not required to place a non family member on the policy.

2400 bucks a month for HIV drugs and other social services required for extended life

everything else is covered by laws wills etc. so now you know the push for this marriage initiative.

most Christians are not true believers they dance on the edge and then say things like there are no

miracles anymore or god does not answer prayer he does but sometimes the answer is NO.

believing in a higher power is not Christianity nor is being spiritual witches and warlocks are spiritual

it's just the spirit they worship is the devil.

others just piss there soul away by being nature lovers and tarot card readers etc...

Hell the Devil and his demons believes in god and knows him personally Read the book of Job in the bible.

knowing and believing do not make a Christian.

values will I think politicians are more interested in the almighty dollar and power than God it does not

matter what party or what power level as far as I have seen they are all corrupt vain and arrogant.

And camera whores if they are not corrupt when they get in they are soon after.

Just watched it in the news. Obama, does he have Christian values? His actions say NO/NADA/ZERO.

So whats your take on Obama.

He has explained his stance. It is not his idea but he states that his daughters made that choice, so he is trying to leave the back door open (pun). Now we know who makes the descisions and it is ABO. Look, the man has no record, well at least not a good one, to run on and he needs to buy some more votes. He can always later say that the Republican Congress stopped him from fulfilling that promise.

Right... I would have no problem with this if we were going to be equal about our freedoms but this pick and choose the ones that you think will get votes non scene is no good.

If I was offered gay marriage, end of domestic spying, federally backing individuals 2nd amendment rights in all state (not this states right to oppress BS) I would take it. Generally speaking if you can make a strong enough argument that it's constitutional then I'll accept it even if I don't agree with it. The division of Americans as opposed to a unified support of the constitution will probably be our undoing.

Gays can have what ever types of unions they want but it is not marriage. Marriage is a MAN and WOMAN, Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

I am waiting for the beastiality bunch to jump in and want to marry their loving pet goat

this is a slippery slope then the transvestites and sex change groups or how about the

HERMAPHRODITES we have to have some clarity as the female in a divorce gets all the sh*t

so they need to state for the record who is whom IMO.

and if they are gay but are also into beastiality who gets the dog / goat whatever?

and won't that changes the laws in most states animals are taboo and if not then what age in

animal years are the allowed to copulate? and is it statutory rape before or AAAAAHHHHHH sh*t

you see what I mean we cannot pander to everyone's whim of self serving values because it is stupid.

I still can not get over a country western singer marrying a rocker too weird ..

To me this just proves what a liar he really is and that he will say anything to get re-elected. The next thing out of his mouth will be what a great Christian he is and how he believes in "collective salvation".

OK guys. We're good (sorta) so far but remember this is a family site.

Other considerations aside, and there are a HUGE number of them, the problem with the progressive platform is that they insist I APPROVE of what ever perversion of truth that THEY currently hold. Whether it is the government 'right' to indoctrinate my kids starting at age 3, or the government right to decide what care I have to give to my aging relatives, or the government right to declare out of whole cloth a type of 'marriage' that does not, in fact can not, exist the problem always comes down to the government telling me what I can or can not believe or think.

I think I'll see if I can transfer from NASA to the 'Ministry of Truth'; then I get to tell you guys what to think.

Just my not so humble opinion.

Im laphing my A$$ off at these responces!!

ITS ABOUT THE FRIGGING MONEY and the Arrogance thats very aparent in these people!!

Arrogance,that no one notices,or cares what they do,and that the money they have is POWER!

When the value of paper money and is GONE...well we will see...

When there is NO one to Tell what to do,what are they going to DO??

JMO

Edited by 101matt

Hey, if gays want to marry whatever, they seem to stick to their own most of the time so you don't really notice it outside of their communities. I just don't want support in any way with my tax dollars a sexual "preference" in 1-2% of the population. The real problem for me is gays adopting children.

Gays often complain of the trials and tribulations growing up in a heterosexual society, okay I can understand that to a point. But what kind of head-trip and damage will it do to a straight child growing with two same sex parents in a gay neighborhood constantly subjected to and surrounded by a lifestyle he/she will instinctively find repulsive and unnatural?

Wolfe

Edited by Dangerwolfe

Just watched it in the news. Obama, does he have Christian values? His actions say NO/NADA/ZERO.

So whats your take on Obama.

I guess my question is, what's your take on the Constitution? Because disallowing same-sex marriage is pretty obviously discrimination, and since we are a REPUBLIC and not a THEOCRACY, whether or not your church thinks that it's important to adhere to one or two lines of Leviticus while ignoring the rest really shouldn't be the legal standard for all citizens. The cool thing is, you'll still be able to not marry someone of your own gender if you don't want to, and your church will not be forced to perform ceremonies for those they deem unworthy, so whether someone else isn't really doing anything to you at all.

I like what conservative Republican Theodore Olsen says. I point out that he is legitimately a Republican and not just a Democrat in sheep's clothing: he is an attorney who served as Bush's solicitor general, part of Giuliani's 2008 campaign, founding member of the Federalist Society and on the board of directors for American Spectator, and who has been mentioned several times as a potential Supreme Court nominee but receives such negative push-back from liberals that it never goes anywhere. He also has firmly stated his belief in the constitutionality of gay marriage and is/was acting as attorney for a couple who are fighting California's Prop 8 ban on gay marriage.

Many of my fellow conservatives have an almost knee-jerk hostility toward gay marriage. This does not make sense, because same-sex unions promote the values conservatives prize. Marriage is one of the basic building blocks of our neighborhoods and our nation. At its best, it is a stable bond between two individuals who work to create a loving household and a social and economic partnership. We encourage couples to marry because the commitments they make to one another provide benefits not only to themselves but also to their families and communities. Marriage requires thinking beyond one's own needs. It transforms two individuals into a union based on shared aspirations, and in doing so establishes a formal investment in the well-being of society. The fact that individuals who happen to be gay want to share in this vital social institution is evidence that conservative ideals enjoy widespread acceptance. Conservatives should celebrate this, rather than lament it...

...The United States Supreme Court has repeatedly held that marriage is one of the most fundamental rights that we have as Americans under our Constitution, that marriage is a part of the Constitution's protections of liberty, privacy, freedom of association, and spiritual identification. In short, the right to marry helps us to define ourselves and our place in a community. Without it, there can be no true equality under the law...

...Marriage is a relationship recognized by governments as providing a privileged and respected status, entitled to the state's support and benefits. Where the state has accorded official sanction to a relationship and provided special benefits to those who enter into that relationship, our courts have insisted that withholding that status requires powerful justifications and may not be arbitrarily denied...

...Conservatives and liberals alike need to come together on principles that surely unite us. Certainly, we can agree on the value of strong families, lasting domestic relationships, and communities populated by persons with recognized and sanctioned bonds to one another. Confining some of our neighbors and friends who share these same values to an outlaw or second-class status undermines their sense of belonging and weakens their ties with the rest of us and what should be our common aspirations. Even those whose religious convictions preclude endorsement of what they may perceive as an unacceptable "lifestyle" should recognize that disapproval should not warrant stigmatization and unequal treatment...

...I understand, but reject, certain religious teachings that denounce homosexuality as morally wrong, illegitimate, or unnatural; and I take strong exception to those who argue that same-sex relationships should be discouraged by society and law. Science has taught us, even if history has not, that gays and lesbians do not choose to be homosexual any more than the rest of us choose to be heterosexual. To a very large extent, these characteristics are immutable, like being left-handed. And, while our Constitution guarantees the freedom to exercise our individual religious convictions, it equally prohibits us from forcing our beliefs on others. I do not believe that our society can ever live up to the promise of equality, and the fundamental rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, until we stop invidious discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation....

...Americans who believe in the words of the Declaration of Independence, in Lincoln's Gettysburg Address, in the 14th Amendment, and in the Constitution's guarantees of equal protection and equal dignity before the law cannot sit by while this wrong continues. This is not a conservative or liberal issue; it is an American one, and it is time that we, as Americans, embraced it.

I guess oregonchick beat me to it, but I do agree with her and with Theodore Olsen. I see the gay marriage issue as a civil rights issue. Why shouldn't they be able to marry and have equal protection, rights, and privileges under the law? Their marriage doesn't affect me negatively that I can see. Granting them a marriage license doesn't nullify mine. Their being a minority should not give the majority the right to refuse them any of the privileges and rights enjoyed by the majority.

What is different about this this quote?

Many of my fellow conservatives have an almost knee-jerk hostility toward polygamist marriage. This does not make sense, because polygamist unions promote the values conservatives prize. Marriage is one of the basic building blocks of our neighborhoods and our nation. At its best, it is a stable bond between two or more individuals who work to create a loving household and a social and economic partnership. We encourage polygamists to marry because the commitments they make to one another provide benefits not only to themselves but also to their families and communities. Marriage requires thinking beyond one's own needs. It transforms two or more individuals into a union based on shared aspirations, and in doing so establishes a formal investment in the well-being of society. The fact that individuals who happen to be polygamist want to share in this vital social institution is evidence that conservative ideals enjoy widespread acceptance. Conservatives should celebrate this, rather than lament it...

I could play this same paragraph several more ways. The logical conclusion is that to accept a marriage as being other than a union between a man and a women is the same as abolishing marriage. That is what we are being asked to accept.

Now before you go crazy on me, I have no predjudice against gays or anyone else. I think that individuals have a right to decide for themselves how to run their lives. BUT, they must also be willing to accept the pros and cons of their decisions. That is what liberty really means.

What is different about this this quote?

It's that it's marriage among many, not two, and is currently offered to NOBODY legally in the US, therefore not offering it to gay people is NOT discrimination. Whereas marriage between two people isn't just offered, but is sanctioned, supported, and provided with incentives in the US, but then is denied to people based solely on their sexual orientation. Apples and oranges, although it's a classic straw man argument, like how JCMS equated gay marriage with bestiality, or how people like to throw in incest/pedophilia when talking about homosexuality.

I could play this same paragraph several more ways. The logical conclusion is that to accept a marriage as being other than a union between a man and a women is the same as abolishing marriage. That is what we are being asked to accept.

No, although that would be the other way to play this if you are at all concerned about living up to the Constitution. If the idea of man/woman marriage is so religiously/morally sacrosanct that no other pairing is allowed, then there should be NO state recognition of marriage whatsoever. That means no automatic legal recognition of a spouse as someone who gets to make medical decisions, inherit from an estate, etc. AND certainly nothing that looks like a tax break or incentive for married people.

Now before you go crazy on me, I have no predjudice against gays or anyone else. I think that individuals have a right to decide for themselves how to run their lives. BUT, they must also be willing to accept the pros and cons of their decisions. That is what liberty really means.

Exactly. And if our decision is that marriage cannot possibly occur between man/man or woman/woman, then we either need to admit that we're not interested in equality under the law for gays (which, by the way, doesn't exactly sound like having nothing against homosexuals) OR that marriage is not something that the state should be involved in because it's a religious and not a legal status. Which do you prefer?

Oregonchick,

May I point out that since the conditions of a gay marriage (same sex) changes the marriage contract (opposite sexes), changing the numbers is just as valid.

As you yourself say in your second paragrah - the result is no such thing as marriage.

Which is exactly my point. If marriage (man and women) is not special then many forms of marriage should be equally accepted. If many forms are accepted, then marriage has no meaning.

The real issue here is not marriage - it is equality under the law. I have no problems amending the law to offer equality where it is lacking. I have a problem calling it marriage.

Edited by Rod

WEll I have a lot against gays they cannot take NO for a FU@kING answer it is like having a

squalling snot nosed kid pitching a fit because they can not get what they wantwe have been telling

them NO since the 1960's

you sure can expound when you left side gets riled well I did not equate gays to beastiality

I FU@KING said that they will want their rights NEXT it has already happened it was on the news.

can you not conceive that each group wants what they want at the expense of everyone else.

and what part of gay is wrong do you not understand just the acts place germs and viruses that are

not suppose to go here there I will not go further into it but they do.

INSURANCE that is all this is about it is all it has ever been about in the 70 they were proud to not

HAVE to be monogamous they reviled in the fact they had no restrictions.

oh but when the 80's and HIV AIDS rolled around we start hearing all sorts of crap well patient number

1 / ONE was GAY period actually he was bisexual.

then we hear oh HIV has been around since man has been on the earth well I guess I lived a sheltered

life because I never saw it heard of it nor seen any one die quite like that and I worked in prisons.

When it broke loose everyone was freaking out we had no idea where or what caused it, then science

gave us the answer and the CDC it was spread by guess what ___________.

now you ask us to put our seal of approval on that and sanction it openly how many people including

children from tainted blood since 1986 ???? why are you not speaking for them oh but your all into

equal rights well get over it nothing is equal life is not fair and you do not get free candy from a

man with a sack in his lap.

this is a free country LEAVE there are plenty of countries NOT MUSLIM that will allow you and others

to be married and you can swap spit all you like.

I was in San Francisco I remember mothers would not take their children to the park because they

were doing it in the bushes and in the restrooms.

don't they have a right to use public areas are children forced to see that because YOU WANT IT.

as far as legal status since before written word man and woman joined I cannot recall adam and steve.

OH wait yes it was called Sodom & Gamorrah if all of us were gay then where would little one come from.

OH that's right surrogates and test tube babies well look carefully at cloning and invetro test tube

and all that because IT DOES NOT WORK something goes haywire 8 babies or a litter of crabs

with short life expectancy.

I will say it loud for those who are hard of hearing IF YOU FLY IN THE FACE OF GOD HE WILL CRUSH YOU.

want to laugh at god well the Gay bay last street festival they bashed god and a few have gone

into churches and disrespected the services there I want grand children not a happy gay child

you want happy go to the doctor they got plenty of pills for that and gay people commit the same

per capita amount of crimes murder rape incest burglary as any other group.

I have worked with gays and some came over as they worked with my significant other I was

never rude to them or give my opinion unless it was solicited and I was not harsh.

and they were seldom GAY more like DEPRESSED or wildly HAPPY never just a normal day

and always trying to draw you into some drama I do not DO DRAMA from anyone anytime

keep your self focused and try to maintain a reasonable demeanor excited OK DRAMA NO-K..

I do not give a Ratz azz what people do behind closed doors go stupid on me in public I will

put you on the path which one is all dependent on just how stupid you are.

Because I have rights too and I do not need to see some one AZZ hanging out of their pants

or listen to gang music or people getting in my face, dope heads gays Nazis or just plain old idiots.

I have the right to walk public streets or go shopping and no be bothered.

in San Francisco it is not an assault for a person to grope you once and even then you need a witness

or a video to prove you were touched now that's equal or right you can be jailed on a hate crime

for striking a gay for groping you let us have all the information out there just not what you want.

Gays want special treatment and rights that is the point and if you give any one an inch they will take

a mile and we all know it the American psychiatry association or what ever they call themselves

wanted to drop the age of consent to 14 REMEMBER that oh no there are no child molesters out there

and now they want to legalize prostitution well if you wan to see our society after the change go to

Thailand and hang out little benny boys and 13 and younger coming up and grabbing you

and saying F_____Y s______y love you long time. and their Idea of social security is old hookers

who cannot work anymore selling matches and trinkets out of a neck box.

I may be out of touch and not with it but when GOD points his bony finger it won't be at me for that,

many other things but not that, my mother did not raise any stupid children.

And no I am no better than anyone else but I know right from wrong and no one will ever

change my mind EVER people who were family knew better than to come around because I do not

truck with stupid people no mater if they are blood or not.

Our basic belief in this country is stated as "All men are created equal." We had to have a constitutional amendment so black men were "Men". We had to go through another round TWICE to understand that Women were "Men". My Indian ancestors were not "Men" until after 1928 and couldn't even own property in Texas. At one time it was debated whether Catholics were "Men".

Why is it that Americans just have to have someone to be their "Nigger". We seem to despise equality and refute it every chance we get. Right now Gays are the "Niggers". Are we SOOOOO weak as a people that we must ALWAYS have someone to look down on? Gays are "Men" too. If you work some place that offers insurance for your family then your family should be insured! THAT is equality.

I'm not interested in the Religious debate except to say that like the founding fathers I would gladly die to insure that we never again had to live under the terrors of a government run by the Church. Catholics KILLED non-Catholics and Protestants killed Catholics. They didn't consider people that weren't THEIR specific belief to be "MEN" with even the right to LIVE!! This country was FOUNDED in part to escape that sort of misery.

Marriage is a religious RITE and the government needs to butt out of it totally. My Dad was a Lay Minister. I am ordained myself and believe that Marriage is a sacrament of love and commitment. It is not my job to judge lest I BE judged. I believe that in the end what you wish on others is what you will reap. I CAN Marry a Gay couple and there is NOT a DAMN thing that the Government can do about it.

The question ISN'T can they get married it is should the Government and big business be allowed to steal from then that which is theirs. Even if you are NOT an American citizen your family is covered and your social security is YOURS to do with as you see fit. If you pay social security and die, if you are Gay your loved ones get ripped off and the Government KEEPS their money. Their kids born in their union aren't even theirs under the law. Businesses that pay for everyone else even though they are not Americans get coverage. Even our gay Vets; their loved ones get NOTHING if they die defending our intrests. That is WRONG. It was wrong when the people treated like second class citizens were Black, It was wrong when they were Japanese, It was wrong when they were Native Americans, It was wrong when they were Women!!!! It is wrong when it is a Gay man or Woman.

I don't like Obama but unlike so many I believe that he IS a "MAN" and as such in America he has a RIGHT to his opinion. That is all he stated. Why is it wrong for him to have an opinion? I don't like him but I do respect that he stated his opinion honestly even though it will cost him.

I am a Texican American of Viking/German/Native American decent. My people have fought for freedom over and over in EVERY war since the revolutionary war. We lost family at San Jacinto freeing Texas from Mexico. We fought the Yankees in the War of Northern Aggression, We were there and served in the Spanish American war. One is buried in France from WW1, One died on Iwo Jima and lies there still. We were there for Korea and then again in Vietnam. We have EARNED our equality and that INCLUDES my Gay family members. Their equality was paid for in BLOOD and we are more than willing to shed more if that is what it takes to be free.

Before you jump on this anti-gay bandwagon remember this...The JEWS thought Hitler was doing a pretty good job when he was euthanizing the Retards and Crazy people. It was cool when it was the Gypsy and Fags back then too. If you support discrimination and making other people not "Men" then don't be shocked when your turn comes and you are led to the ovens.

Edited by Danm

Our basic belief in this country is stated as "All men are created equal." We had to have a constitutional amendment so black men were "Men". We had to go through another round TWICE to understand that Women were "Men". My Indian ancestors were not "Men" until after 1928 and couldn't even own property in Texas. At one time it was debated whether Catholics were "Men".

Why is it that Americans just have to have someone to be their "Nigger". We seem to despise equality and refute it every chance we get. Right now Gays are the "Niggers". Are we SOOOOO weak as a people that we must ALWAYS have someone to look down on? Gays are "Men" too. If you work some place that offers insurance for your family then your family should be insured! THAT is equality.

I'm not interested in the Religious debate except to say that like the founding fathers I would gladly die to insure that we never again had to live under the terrors of a government run by the Church. Catholics KILLED non-Catholics and Protestants killed Catholics. They didn't consider people that weren't THEIR specific belief to be "MEN" with even the right to LIVE!! This country was FOUNDED in part to escape that sort of misery.

Marriage is a religious RITE and the government needs to butt out of it totally. My Dad was a Lay Minister. I am ordained myself and believe that Marriage is a sacrament of love and commitment. It is not my job to judge lest I BE judged. I believe that in the end what you wish on others is what you will reap. I CAN Marry a Gay couple and there is NOT a DAMN thing that the Government can do about it.

The question ISN'T can they get married it is should the Government and big business be allowed to steal from then that which is theirs. Even if you are NOT an American citizen your family is covered and your social security is YOURS to do with as you see fit. If you pay social security and die, if you are Gay your loved ones get ripped off and the Government KEEPS their money. Their kids born in their union aren't even theirs under the law. Businesses that pay for everyone else even though they are not Americans get coverage. Even our gay Vets; their loved ones get NOTHING if they die defending our intrests. That is WRONG. It was wrong when the people treated like second class citizens were Black, It was wrong when they were Japanese, It was wrong when they were Native Americans, It was wrong when they were Women!!!! It is wrong when it is a Gay man or Woman.

I don't like Obama but unlike so many I believe that he IS a "MAN" and as such in America he has a RIGHT to his opinion. That is all he stated. Why is it wrong for him to have an opinion? I don't like him but I do respect that he stated his opinion honestly even though it will cost him.

I am a Texican American of Viking/German/Native American decent. My people have fought for freedom over and over in EVERY war since the revolutionary war. We lost family at San Jacinto freeing Texas from Mexico. We fought the Yankees in the War of Northern Aggression, We were there and served in the Spanish American war. One is buried in France from WW1, One died on Iwo Jima and lies there still. We were there for Korea and then again in Vietnam. We have EARNED our equality and that INCLUDES my Gay family members. Their equality was paid for in BLOOD and we are more than willing to shed more if that is what it takes to be free.

Before you jump on this anti-gay bandwagon remember this...The JEWS thought Hitler was doing a pretty good job when he was euthanizing the Retards and Crazy people. It was cool when it was the Gypsy and Fags back then too. If you support discrimination and making other people not "Men" then don't be shocked when your turn comes and you are led to the ovens.

Wow, very well said Danm.

Danm,

Why are you trying to set things straight? LMAO Discrimination has to exist in order for us to have our present form of government. Without an issue such as discrimination our politicians and racial activists would not be able to have an issue for, either people to vote for them or in the case of activists, to allow certain people to make a lucrative living and peddling influence. These people have to have the public divided in order to sway them in which ever direction benefits them. With the present topic of Gays, if the gays know that someone is pushing their agenda they will pump millions of dollars into that cause. The President can not on his own do anything about the issue so it is safe for him to be in favor of it. The mean Republicans in the Congress will be blamed later as to why the President could not fulfill his promise.

It is all rhetoric. It only means something to the special interests involved. If the President had a record to run on we would never hear anything about these issues. Even a criminal in jail can take electors away from the President. That should tell everyone something.

You folks have not seen anything yet when it comes to elections. Wait till you see and Romney sees the type of Chicago criminal style politics that are coming down the pike. This promises to be one of the worst elections in the nations history.

all men and women are equal one person one vote

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (NIV): "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters, nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

Leviticus 18:22 (KJV): "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind it is abomination."

Genesis 13:13: "But the men of Sodom were wicked and sinners before the LORD exceedingly."

Leviticus 20:13: "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Romans 1:24-32:

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

now tell me just how GOD feels about this subject I think he is very clear I do not care what man says

I used to, now I understand there are no reasons to defy rules as in lying stealing or any other rule.

I will not do harm to anyone and I have no want or reason to interfere with gays they are people

doing wrong not unlike any of us none of us are righteous "no not one".

but making laws that allow for people to do something to harm themselves I am not for.

God loves everyone life is a self run operation your the boss weather you are successful or fail is

up to the individual you are going to stand before God if you read the above what excuse will you give

and to those of you who allow or agree you are just as culpable what will excuse will you give.

May I point out that since the conditions of a gay marriage (same sex) changes the marriage contract (opposite sexes), changing the numbers is just as valid.

BS. Under the Constitution, rights aren't accorded based on gender, in fact, everything is supposed to be gender blind. So marriage by our laws therefore can only be an arrangement between two adults who are consenting and not closely related. Insistence that it must be man/woman is counter to gender equality and is done specifically as a way of denying rights to people based on their sexual orientation.

The real issue here is not marriage - it is equality under the law. I have no problems amending the law to offer equality where it is lacking. I have a problem calling it marriage.

Separate but equal hasn't worked out for anyone else because it's NOT equal. It's different, and the difference is assigned based on gender/sexual orientation. We have a word for that: discrimination. This is a civil rights issue, and it needs to be addressed.