Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Rebel

Abbreviations

Mostly if you hang around here your going to learn some abbreviated words. Theres a Few i've seen and have no idea. others are

(I)TEOTWAWKI - (Its) The End Of The World As We Know It (good REM Song btw)

TSHTF - The Shiznit(shit) Hit The Fan

BTW - By The Way

IMHO - In My Humble Opinion

BG - Bad Guy

OPSEC - Operational Security

TMI - Too Much Info

DIY - Do It Yourself

In the Bullet Arena

FMJ - Full Metal Jacket

HP - Hollow Point

CPHP - Copper Plated Hollow Point

BT - Boat Tail

Gr - Grains

bbl - Barrel

any others abbreviations

MZB - Mutant Zombie Biker

Edited by Josh_Survivalcache

OK, I thought Do It Yourself was DIY .... but then everybody's a critic.

MZB - Mutant Zombie Bikers - think the biker gangs in the Mad Max movies.

GOOD - Get Out Of Dodge

BOB - Bug Out Bag

E & E - Escape and Evasion

WROL - Without Rule of Law

BOL - Bug Out Location

BOV - Bug Out Vehicle

Golden Horde - Mobs leaving the cities without direction or destination. Think plague of locust.

CME - Coronal Mass Ejection - Massive amount of solar plasma ejected from the sun.

Carrington Event - A catastrophic CME that hits the Earth; Named after British Astronomer Carrington who found the first one in 1859.

Others?

A couple of others;

Turning Turtle - comes from a sci fi story where folks dug DEEP bunkers, went into them and never came out. Entire point being they'd pulled their heads in like a turtle and stayed put!

CQB - close quarters battle. Close range, usually within 50 yards or so, often within a structure like a house.

Rifleman's quarter mile - 500 yards http://www.lewrockwell.com/buppert/buppert14.html

Appleseed - A movement to renew the spirit of riflemen into America. Low cost (free for ladies and kids) weekend training sessions to get folks able to hit a man size target at a "rifleman's quarter mile".

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/what-thing-called-appleseed-36780/

EMP - Electro Magnetic Pulse. An effect of rapid movements in the shape of the earth's magnetic field caused by CME's or nuclear explosions. Destroys unprotected electronics, the more modern they are the more susceptible to EMP.

I'm adding as I use so here's another

SCOTUS - Supreme Court of The United States

BATFE - Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives. Used to be ATF.

cammies - camouflage clothing or gear

Mall Ninja - some clown who thinks wearing cammies while shopping in the local mall, who may (or may not) own a "Rambo" knife, and probably owns an M4gery tricked out with all the gear makes him the Rambo character as seen on TV. No training or skills, in fact very little actual shooing practice, but a legend in his own mind. All hat and no cows.

Rambo anything - something big and bad ass looking that may be unsuitable for the task at hand. Knives are a prime example. A Rambo knife is likely to get you jailed if you ever use it (designed to be a man killer don't you know) and is too small to be a good machete and too large for most every thing else. Unless you are really skilled with it, it is also too heavy and awkward to be used as a fighting blade.

https://www.google.com/search?q=rambo+knives&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=Xl8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=KlrWTqPrG8SKsQKt5O2EDw&ved=0CFwQsAQ&biw=1609&bih=651

M4gery - M4 Forgery; rifles that look like M16/M4 carbines but really aren't. Most AR pattern rifles are NOT built to military specs; they just look like it. Fun to shoot but don't think that even your Colt AR platform is built to the same specs as the M4 - Not saying better or worse, just different. Some are very good, some are junk.

All hat and no cows - OK, this comes from Texas, I've used it so I'll include it. Similar to mall ninja from an earlier time. Implies the person being talked about has the dress of a cattleman but not of the skills or savvy. He's (like mall ninjas, almost always male) got the boots, jeans, shirt and BIG hat but he can recognize a cow only with done medium rare with a baked potato on the side.

cover - a obstacle between you and a shooter that will stop a bullet. Usually, but not always - bullet resistance glass, also provides concealment.

concealment - something that hides you from a potential BG. Will NOT stop a bullet. A wooden wall is concealment but is very likely NOT cover to a 30 caliber round.

Advanced Combat Optical Gunsights (abbreviated ACOG) - optical sight, low or no magnification in the optics but provides for rapid target acquisition.

Edited by Capt Bart
add cover concealment ACOG

Military Acronyms and some other information its not complete but gives you a starting place

ABC Atomic, Biological, Chemical (replaced by chemical, biological, radiological (CBR),

and Nuclear, Biological, Chemical (NBC) and CBRN Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear

azzhole any one other than yourself

AK made in Russia at Polyany and TULA arsenals also Izhevsk factory

ALICE All-Purpose Lightweight Individual Carrying Equipment

AP Anti-Personnel or AP armour-piercing

AR Assault Rifle

AWOL Absent Without Official Leave

Bulgarian mfg AK SKS and other Arsenal Kazanluk, Bulgaria now also in the U.S.

Chinese sks and AK and other mfg. Norinco / China North Industries Group and Polytech

Chinese Ammo China sport Norinco many factories and Jing an equip..

E&E escape and evade

EOD explosives and ordnance disposal

FUBAR - 'Fouled' Up Beyond All Recognition

FN - Fabrique National (Belgium) weapons manufacturing plant

FRAG fragmentation has another negative meaning

FLIR - Forward Looking Infrared

GMT Greenwich Mean Time was established in 1884 at the International Meridian Conference, when it was decided to the place the Prime Meridian at Greenwich, England.

GIAT - Groupement Industriel des Armements Terrestres (France) or another name for gun

Grenade when yelled out loud try to out run the crowd

HE high explosive

Hirtenberger Defence Systems Austria HP Patronen makers of ammunition its warm not SMG but warm

KIA Killed in Action

Heavy Machine gun 30 caliber and up, on aircraft or if sporting 30 cal mounted or T&E or tripod etc

Holy Shit= run for your life

LMG light machine gun up to 30 caliber as an individual's weapon

mm - Millimeter

MG Machine Gun {rifle cartridge}

MOLLE MOdular Lightweight Load-carrying Equipment

MIA missing in action

MRE Meal Ready to Eat or meal ready to earp

MILSPEC military specification

NATO North Atlantic Treaty Organisation

NVG night vision goggles, can have other letters designating other devices

Ops operations

Oops never good try to run or do not eat it

Polish sks and AK State Armory in Radom other arms also

RPM Revolutions Per Minute (or Rounds Per Minute if dealing with small arms)

Russian ammunition manufacturers Vympel Enterprise profile. = Golden Tiger

The Tula Cartridge Works = Wolf Klimovsk Barnaul = Barnaul-RAM-Monarch - Bear

Ulyanovsk =Ulyanovsk-Sapsan - Bear

Headstamps

USSR / Russia Mfg. codes 5.45x39, 7.62x39 and 7.62x54r

3 = Ulyanovsk

7 = Amursk (Vympel)

17 = Barnaul

60 = Frunze

270 = Voroshilovgrad

539 = Tula

711 = Klimovsk

188 = Novosibirsk

Romanian mfg SKS and AK Cugir Arsenal and Sadu Arsenal

Sellier & Bellot Vlašim, Czech Republic makers of ammunition

SERE Survival Evasion Resistance Escape

Shell Back crossed the equator at sea

SNAFU Situation Normal, All 'Fouled' Up

SMG Sub Machine Gun {pistol cartridge}

SOCOM Special Operations COMmand

SF Special Forces can be followed with other acronyms / letters

SOG Special Operations Group

TACO Tactical Command {post or communications} and or TACCO {officer}

uh-oh bad not good especially if it's said by an EOD it may be too late to run

WP white phosphorus/ Willie peter

Zulu time

NOAA satellites use Zulu Time or Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) as their time reference. The satellite images that appear on NOAA's Web sites are stamped in Zulu time.

To make the conversion to your local time, see the chart below. Find your local time in the first column. If you are on Eastern Daylight Saving Time (EDT), you would use the second column to find your Zulu Time/UTC. For instance, if it's 11 a.m. Eastern Daylight Saving Time in Washington, D.C., it's 1500 hours in Zulu time/UTC

LOCAL EDT EST CDT CST MDT MST PDT PST

Midnight 0400 0500 0500 0600 0600 0700 0700 0800

You forgot a few Snake TARFU (Things are really F!*$#! up "I do not do coy or P.C.") 5X5 (good to go) Hooah (US Army means everything but no) come on snake your slipping B) all these books of wisdom and your slipping on the basics?? must not of had enough coffee LOL sorry I had to you left such a great opening for it.

Warrior,

I like the scene in the TV series 'Jericho' were the hero caught on that the MARINES were fake because they responded with 'HOOAH!' OBVIOUSLY NOT MARINES!

Another for the list:

FUD - Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt. Is always everywhere after TSHTF.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recent Topics

• This is a great inspiring article. I am pretty much pleased with your good work. You put really very helpful information.

• here is the survival coupons codes to get a amazing material of survival struggling 
    • Hey all, This is sort of cool (okay really cool) and maybe some of you have heard about it because it's been plastered over FOX and mentioned by POTUS as well as other conservative-leaning news people (Huckabee, Diamond/Silk, Candace Owens, Mark Levin, etc..) and politicians. #walkaway is a movement based mostly on social media. Started last year, by Brandon Straka (pronounced Strawk - like "straw" with a "k"). He's a former 2016 HRC-voting hair stylist, from NE, now in NYC, homosexual, liberal who began to question the MSM and what he was hearing. He got really frustrated as he began to do his own research. Anyway, after having his own awakening to the lies of MSM he had been following, he began an online testimonial campaign in which former liberals can post their #walkaway stories, written or video. Many are now on the "Trump Train." Many have simply left the Left. Still, others have always been non-Left and are members in support. The amazing thing is how many different people from all walks of life are beginning to wake up. Lots are not conservative on all issues, but all have a love for the USA and dislike the demonization of open political and social thinkers and speakers. This group gives solace to people scared to voice their conservative opinions or views for fear of negative professional or personal responses. It now has budding smaller groups in all 50 states and an online discussion group where people discuss current topics or issues (WITH no vitriol, gasp).  Here's the original video from Brandon.  www.youtube.com/watch?v=51UGcghHZsk This man, Brandon has a unique, stylish, well-articulated voice to help move people "in hiding" out into the open and not be silenced. Pretty much any video Brandon does is great. Here is the Facebook page: www.facebook.com/groups/OFFICIALwalkawaycampaign/ As I see fights erupt online, I simply leave #walkaway in the comments. Brandon has a goal of 1 million members! The liberal media has called this campaign "Russian Bots" and "paid actors." It's not!!!        
    • thanks to all who  have served or are serving our great country....243 years in the making....   Trump did a good job today thanking each branch of our military and a long time coming salute to the coast guard too....
    • I can imagine food prices going up this Fall or Winter. Corn is used for live stock feed, & us humans consume a lot of corn based products, as well as corn based biofuel. I’ve been keeping a watchful eye on the mid-west of America, which is flooded by water. Where corn  & other crops are normally grown there. Farmers are quite worried about this years growing season. Time to stock up on extra food if you can, if you haven’t already. Stack it high, stack it deep. Store the foods that you normally eat. What ever the  amount of food you’ve stored,  try to double it if possible. Better extra safe, than sorry.