Sign in to follow this  
Judah

Making Gun Power with Household Items.

Capt Bart if I tell you that I'm going to shoot you in the butt with this pistol if you say one more word will you REALLY fail to understand and inform me that my "Pistol" is actually a revolver? LOL, just playing...

If I tell you to grab your gun that the bad guys are coming over the wall will you REALLY misunderstand and show up to the fight with your peter in hand? LOL...

Edited by Danm

Capt Bart if I tell you that I'm going to shoot you in the butt with this pistol if you say one more word will you REALLY fail to understand and inform me that my "Pistol" is actually a revolver? LOL, just playing...

If I tell you to grab your gun that the bad guys are coming over the wall will you REALLY misunderstand and show up to the fight with your peter in hand? LOL...

Naw, I wouldn't worry because 1: I'd know you had a revolver and were joking and 2: what the h*ll makes you think I'd show up????? I didn't join the navy because I didn't want to be known as the "Chicken of the Sea" and I have NEVER knowingly accepted an invitation to a gun fight!

My only concern earlier was with folks who might try BP in a semi-auto and that scares me a bit as it could become dangerous.

I do like and agree with your 'generation thing' post. I grew up with guns, groups of kids riding bicycles with no helmets, camping overnight on our own - in the woods and with firearms, all manner of things that give the 'takes a village' crowd the willies. I feel sorry for so many of our kids today.

I can see making your own blackpowder for primitive firearms such as flintlocks, no primers needed. In a shtf or teotwawki event they may be the only guns in use after a few years. We have a primative firearms hunting season here which at one time I knew people who hunted with flintlocks only, very challenging sport.

Fromwhat I have read, blackpowder is classed as an explosive while smokeless powders are classed as a propellant and it would take an explosives expert to make a bomb out of of smokeless powder.

We played with carbide too when we were younger and dumber. We had a fire pit about 7ft. across and 1ft. deep. We used to fill it up a couple inches with water and throw a can of carbide in it, it would look like a thick fog coming out and then we would throw a road flare in it, it looked and sounded like a small volcano blowing its top.

Edited by biblenguns

Fromwhat I have read, blackpowder is classed as an explosive while smokeless powders are classed as a propellant and it would take an explosives expert to make a bomb out of of smokeless powder.

Almost but not quite correct. Smokeless will blow just as violently as BP if it is properly (improperly??) contained during the ignition event. Grain size and containment determines burn rate and pressure for both types of powders. Still, you are correct in stating that the Fed classes BP as an explosive and Smokeless as a propellant. Blasting powder is not the same as powder used in firearms even though both may be black powder. Takes a lot of skill to make and use the right stuff in a safe manner.

Moral is do not get careless with either - your life and/or limbs may depend on your awareness of what you are doing.

i could give you part of the formula if you want...

Wally,

sorry but actually this is as close as I'm comfortable letting the conversation get to discussing this topic. No formulas on the forum please.

Perhaps I'm a tad too sensitive but not everyone who accesses here is necessarily an adult emotionally.