Sign in to follow this  
bob leeper

metal detectors..

Okay, so im uncertain that this is the proper place to post this. i received a metal detector from my dad, new in the box, never used when he passed away . i have found a few nice items, ive sold off for CA$h to help support myself and buy more gear for the big 1 looming over the horizon, and its paying off quite well, at least for me. Ive found a few gold nuggets , while prospecting along a creek in the southern portion of the nc gold belt, and raised enough cash to pay the bills for two months. then it got me to thinking. with all my gear, supplies, and stuff, this is an excellent exercise for me. i get fresh air, walk a lot and it keeps me in shape...whoodahthunkit? and finding gold and silver isnt half bad either ...a few more bits of gold and ill be buying a new wayer filter system. katadyn or better...still i like to pre plan tings, so i get a plan together and go fo it. and you can't freaking beat that..not in my book at least..good hunting and thanks ..the question..do any other preppers have this contingency using a metal detector to find goodies (gold and silver or precious metals)

I have been using a White's detector for years and have been lucky to find quite a few silver coins. None which I would say are collector grade but they are still silver. My only problem lately has been bending down to dig the coins. But it is good exercise, not to mention profitable.

I have been using a White's detector for years and have been lucky to find quite a few silver coins. None which I would say are collector grade but they are still silver. My only problem lately has been bending down to dig the coins. But it is good exercise, not to mention profitable.

sounds like all you need is a few small children a couple of shovels and a stick.

sounds like all you need is a few small children a couple of shovels and a stick.

I keep trying to make small children..... if I could just get my dog to dig where I want him to dig. Well at least the dog is not as big a disappointment.

I keep trying to make small children..... if I could just get my dog to dig where I want him to dig. Well at least the dog is not as big a disappointment.

I did not mean your kids like Oliver you know homeless waifs that do tasks I always thought that is

what the big brother program was for yard work help.

You mean that it is not?? No wonder, when they stood there with their hand out and I gave them a piece of bread they said that they wanted money instead. Snake, Can a homeless person run away from home?