Sign in to follow this  
Guest survival101

Did not know..... Anthrax Vaccine.

While on deployment summer '99 to Africa and Mediterranean Sea for Ops, the whole crew and Marine MEU recieved a series of 6 shots, 1 a week, for Anthrax vaccination. Alot of people refused the shots, something about not being fully tested before that point in time.

I refused until Army made them mandatory. I asked the nurse that was about to give the shot how many strains of anthrax it protects against. Her response " both of them" there are something like 23 different strains of anthrax. also the vacine has only been show to be effective against cutaneous anthrax ( in the skin) and hasnt been tested against inhalation anthrax ( weaponized form). the shots hurt like a mother too.

When they first came out with the shots, it was one in each arm , then one on each side of chest , and one on each side of your waist. Hurt like hell and those welts took at least a month to go away, they changed how they shot you with it later and spaced it out more so you could take turns on each arm. Needed 6 of them and a booster each and every year to keep it effective. It was mandatory to take it or get out . There were rumors that only one company made the anthrax shot and certain general had stocks in company. Also if I remember correctly when all the shots started getting mandatory a fighter group in Cali refused to take them after their tour in the first desert war and started to leave the service , now it's optional . Veterinarians take them cause they work with animals and the spores can come from them ( I think cows and pigs )but that only one of many types of anthrax

I am current with the series and 2nd annual booster thanks to the army. If I had a choice I don't think I would have taken them. I understood that it did not cover the weaponized form of Anthrax yet I I still could be exposed to it here in Kuwait.

The only thing I can say about the anthrax vaccine... Gulf War Syndrome anyone? That is 1 possibility for my liver condition and I tried to refuse the shots but they were mandatory. I should have taken the courts-martial and saved my health.... JMO

The only thing I can say about the anthrax vaccine... Gulf War Syndrome anyone? That is 1 possibility for my liver condition and I tried to refuse the shots but they were mandatory. I should have taken the courts-martial and saved my health.... JMO

Yeah.. its a very likely possibility. Sry bud

My own health condition I believe came from my time in the Navy. But not really anyway I can prove it.

I went to Mayo Clinic; they ran 2 sets of blood work (1 fasting, 1 non fasting), an MRI and a CT. I went back the next day for the consult and was told to leave as they weren't getting involved. I figure I'll never know the truth either but I sign a waiver over any vaccine for my kids now. They have to catch my wife to get them to poison my kids, as I will NEVER allow it personally.

Met someone who had the anthrax vaccine the other day. I guess everyone in there unit who got the vaccine is having medical issues.

I know a few from my unit are now being monitored for liver conditions. They wonder why we do not trust them to have our well being in mind; all they have to do is look back at how they have treated the military and everyone would know the feds have 1 thing in mind.... lining their and their friends pockets with tax dollars. I even have doubts any more whether clean air and water are good for me since it seems to be a major issue in washington...lol.

Same old story. My husband was one of the test subjects during the atomic explosions. He had to go out and bring back tanks from ground zero.

I love this country and its people, I love my brothers and sisters who serve their country even more, but I wouldn't recommend anybody join up. Look how we treat our veterans! The jobless rate is twice as high as the civillian population, the homeless ranks are swelling with newly returned vets, PTSD & TBI going untreated. It just makes me heart-sick.

I know a few from my unit are now being monitored for liver conditions. They wonder why we do not trust them to have our well being in mind; all they have to do is look back at how they have treated the military and everyone would know the feds have 1 thing in mind.... lining their and their friends pockets with tax dollars. I even have doubts any more whether clean air and water are good for me since it seems to be a major issue in washington...lol.

Part of my own health condition is called "primary sclerosing cholangitis" (liver condition) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001330/

And I dont even F* Drink!! I dont do smack, i dont smoke. But less than a year after leaving the Navy (Jan. 2000), i started developing symptoms.

Edited by NavyVet_77

I hear you Navy, altho I do smoke. I used to drink some but it could be 2-3 years between a drink.... I gave social drinking a new definition...lol. I think they use the military for test subjects, since they found out using our handicapped in gov't run institutions had bad public relations results.

I knew something was wrong when the first time I had an ultrasound done, the tech left the room crying. I was at the hospital my wife works at and of course, it was even her department so I was a "known" patient. I had a CT scan done June 4th at the VA but they must have just went thru the motions.... they didn't use any contrast solution for an abdomen CT looking at soft tissue. I am a dumb country bumpkin, but my wife works in the field (even a CT tech) and I have learned a few things.