Sign in to follow this  
WV Scout

Seedlings

Good job! They look really good! I will unfortunately be throwing out my tomato and pepper starts. I started them almost 2 months ago so I'd have good size plant starts by now, but I planted them in homemade newspaper pots. I should have tried it in a side by side comparison with the plastic pots I've used successfully in the past. Must be something in the newspaper making them stall out. Only one plant put out leaves after the starter leaves. Oh well.

Good job! They look really good! I will unfortunately be throwing out my tomato and pepper starts. I started them almost 2 months ago so I'd have good size plant starts by now, but I planted them in homemade newspaper pots. I should have tried it in a side by side comparison with the plastic pots I've used successfully in the past. Must be something in the newspaper making them stall out. Only one plant put out leaves after the starter leaves. Oh well.
I haver never had any luck using homemade paper pots either. I think there are chemicals in the paper that causes problems.