Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Josh_Survivalcache

Introduction Thread

217 posts in this topic

, Im Bill, just your average business owner in the most business unfriendly and liberal states in the union, (but the weather is good). Im an avid outdoorsman,

Bill, you have my sympathies, sir. I can't imagine not living in a state as 2nd amendment friendly as Texas. But you are absolutely right, you do not want to get crosswise with the law, no matter how dumb the law might be. You can't prep from inside a jail cell and money spent on lawyers can't be spent on prepping. One of the biggest traits of a true prepper is an ability to face the facts of life as they are, not as they should be.

I have a lot of friends who don't seem to think prepping is important; I really can not understand the attitude that 'they' will take care of me when TSHTF. An old curmudgeon like me has been around long enough to know better. Welcome aboard and I look forward to hearing from you.

Hi, I'm Texan_Mom. I'm the procurement and logistics portion of our prepper team. I'm responsible for getting a good nutritional balance in our storage and providing for the means to prepare them. That includes learning the skills of dutch oven cooking and solar oven baking -- a work in progress. I also make sure all the holes in our preparations are getting filled. As for weapon choices, I carry a Sig P239 with laser grips. My shotgun is a .410 kept at bedside for home defense. Not the biggest of calibers, but suitable to my capacity to use them. As for every day carry, I keep a well stocked desk drawer at work. When we lost power during the rolling blackouts this summer, my coworkers were amazed that I had "spare" flashlights for them to find their way out of the building. "Two is one - one is none" is my motto.

I also keep a bug out bag in my vehicle with at least 72 hours of survival needs. Keeping a minimum of a half tank of gasoline in my vehicle is also a priority.

I always learn something when I read Survival Cache. There's always that "thing" I didn't think about that someone else did. No one knows it all -- but everyone knows something. It's in the sharing of our knowledge that all are enriched. I look forward to sharing with all of you.

Bill, you have my sympathies, sir. I can't imagine not living in a state as 2nd amendment friendly as Texas. But you are absolutely right, you do not want to get crosswise with the law, no matter how dumb the law might be. You can't prep from inside a jail cell and money spent on lawyers can't be spent on prepping. One of the biggest traits of a true prepper is an ability to face the facts of life as they are, not as they should be.

I have a lot of friends who don't seem to think prepping is important; I really can not understand the attitude that 'they' will take care of me when TSHTF. An old curmudgeon like me has been around long enough to know better. Welcome aboard and I look forward to hearing from you.

thanks Capt Bart. there really is something in the water over here. between the immigration laws, the gun control, the business unfriendly atmosphere, its amazing that we arent already a part of mexico. i own land in tx, but unfortunately, my business nor my wife will allow me to uproot and go. so i make the best, plan ahead, and import my water from tx and az.

I've grown up in Rockford IL (just SW of Chicago). I'm 23, finishing up my double major of Biology and Physics. I'll be applying to either the Navy or Army as an Officer next year after I graduate. I never did much camping or anything like that growing up, so I figured get into it now, before military survival training so I'm not completely new to it.

1. Please describe your Every Day Carry?

3'' folding knife (Gerber Bear Grylls Scout) (Yes, I have a few things from the Bear Grylls line of clothing also. I feel a bit like a sellout, but I can't help it that those are the most durable pants I have ever worn)

2. Favorite Bug Out Pistol?

Smith & Wesson .38 Chief's Special (I've been shooting it since I was 10. I love that gun.)

3. Favorite Concealed Carry Pistol?

Taurus Millenium Pro .40 (say what you will about a Taurus, but I have dropped this thing in the mud, run it over with a car and then fired an entire magazine without any trouble)

4. Favorite Bug Out Rifle or Carbine?

My Smith and Wesson M4 chambered in 5.56mm

5. Favorite Rifle or Carbine?

See above, but I also love my Ruger 10/22.

6. Favorite Shotgun?

My Beretta 12g semi auto.

7. The amount of food you have at your house?

I only have about a week or so of food specifically set aside for emergencies. (college student = no money for much more than that)

8. Name your top 7 items in your Bug Out Bag?

canteen

paracord

gerber LMF II

Firesteel

Lawson hammock

Sleeping bag

flashlight with hand crack for power

9. Describe your Bug Out Location, if you have one?

My best friend's parents have an old unused apartment building on their property. It's three stories tall, 10 rooms per floor, brick and only two doors. It's back it to a river and it's in the woods about two miles from the highway.

10. Describe your Bug Out Vehicle?

My car is a KIA 2008 Sportage

11. Describe your Bug Out Bag?

Humvee 3 day assault pack with a few ALICE pouches added to it. I have another basic 3 day scout pack in my car as a Get Home Bag and a webbing pistol belt with a few pouches and a H Harness to add to the bag.

12. Favorite home defense pistol?

Taurus Judge. A .410 at close range is a nasty thing to see.

13. Favorite home defense Rifle/Shotgun?*

Beretta 12g semi auto (only shotgun I have)

14. Favorite Survival Book?

The Survival Handbook

15. Favorite Survival Type Movie?

Rambo haha.

16. Survival Knife?

Gerber LMF II

17. Survival Tools in Your Kit?

Snares, firestarting tools, flintknapping tools, tent, tarp, canteen, canteen cup, canteen stove stand, canteen cup lid, hobo tool, 4 bandanas (red, blue, green, black), small knife sharpening stone, earplugs, flashlight, solar charger with AA battery charger and common cell phone adapters, small first aid kit and three 48 hr emergency food bars.

Edited by Delta7

Hi all,

We're Dr. Bones and Nurse Amy, and we will be serving, along with Joe Knight, as co-moderators of this section of the forum.

Dr. Bones is a recently retired M.D. and has been a fellow of both the American College of Ob/Gyn and the American College of Surgeons for many years. Dr. Bones has extensive experience in patient care, abdominal and pelvic surgery, and obstetrics. His main focus is providing medical strategies for collapse situations, where modern medical facilities are no longer available.

Dr. Bones is interested in identifying the person who will be the medic in your survival community, and making that person a stronger medical asset than he or she is now. Dr. Bones is a regular contributor to Survivalist Magazine, and has contributed a medical chapter to the 13th edition of James Talmadge Stevens' Family Preparedness Handbook. His other interests include history, especially medieval, civil war, and WWII.

Nurse Amy is an advanced registered nurse practitioner and a certified nurse-midwife. She has worked in various hospitals and private practices. Nurse Amy is well-studied in herbal and natural medicine and is in the process of becoming a Family Herbalist. She has an extensive medicinal garden. Her focus is providing alternative medical strategies for collapse situations. Nurse Amy is a regular contributor to Survivalist Magazine.

Dr. Bones and Nurse Amy are both certified Master Gardeners for the state of Florida and are interested in aquaculture, having success raising large spawns of tilapia in ponds. They both have ham radio licensure.

Together, Dr. Bones and Nurse Amy host the Doom and Bloom Show, a weekly preparedness podcast on the Prepper Podcast Radio Network, airing live 9pm Eastern time every Thursday. They have over 100 articles on preparedness, medicine, and gardening on their blog at www.doomandbloom.net.

We're honored to be here, and hope to help everyone keep it together, if things fall apart.

Dr. Bones and Nurse Amy

Hello all and welcome. It is gratifying to see such diverse backgrounds and skill levels. I am convinced that the SC guys have put together an extremely viable outlet here for all of us to provide input, ideas, opinions and thoughts so that we all may learn from each other.

I initiated my contributions to SC with some gear reviews which is much of what I do as a professional outdoor writer for over 30 years. I call them the way I see them. If I get a product that is not up to par, I won't even mention it. If the product has redeeming qualities but perhaps a few faults, I will talk those. There are a lot of high quality products out there but none of them are perfect for every person's needs or applications.

Background wise, I was born in Missouri. My dad ran a crop dusting flying business and I took enough lessons in a Super Cub just short of a solo, when we had to sell the plane. Bummer. My mom worked all ther life running an auto parts store for 32 years. In summers my brother and me traded off jobs in the store and on the airfield. I learned a tremendous amount about mechanical things and am pretty handy with tools. I also learned how to run and business and make change with coins. When is the last time you had change counted back to you? I graduated HS in 1968, attended Missouri University with two degrees in biology and wildlife, then a 180 degree turn to finish a PhD in Industrial Psychology in 1978. I currently serve as a VP in economic development and workforce training for the largest community college in Mississippi. I am 60 years old, married for 36 years, and have two girls, 22 and 13.

I am a lifelong hunter first of small game then later of deer and turkey. I have hunted all over the country and in Canada and Europe. My writing concentration is on hunting, fishing, travel, product reviews, guns, ammo, accessories, etc. I publish roughly 75 articles a year as a supplemental hobby that pays for toys and trips.

I look forward to making time to read these forum sections to learn more from you guys. I hope to post more gear reviews under the Gear Forum and on the main page as allowed by management. If you have questions about gear or wish for me to address something in this area from guns to goodies, let me know on the forum. Thanks again.

I've grown up in Rockford IL (just SW of Chicago). I'm 23, finishing up my double major of Biology and Physics. I'll be applying to either the Navy or Army as an Officer next year after I graduate. I never did much camping or anything like that growing up, so I figured get into it now, before military survival training so I'm not completely new to it..

Delta7,

I studied physics as an undergrad. I could never get my Latin spellings correct enough to pass biology - horrible confession for a Catholic deacon! As to learning how to do things, remember that there is the right way, the wrong way and the Army way! That said, having a good solid grounding in moving around in the tall and uncut is a great way to get started. As to your .38 special; are you familiar with the FBI load? The Army gave us pilots S&W .38 specials with 4 inch barrels as our sidearm. With a FMJ round it is incredibly underpowered. In Viet Nam a couple of kids (I was an old man of 21 at the time:rolleyes:) were playing "John Wayne" in the arms room and one shot the other with a .38 FMJ. They walked to the 24th EVAC emergency room (I had friends there so I got the story), the doc found the bullet location (just under the skin; it enter at the shoulder and traveled toward the spine), made a small slit, removed it, used some cat gut and a swab to clean out the channel, marked the guy 2 days rest and then duty. I immediately made some off record trades and got a 1911 that eventually saved my life. I never had any use for the .38 after that right up to the time I heard about the FBI load. http://www.chuckhawks.com/ammo_by_anonymous.htm has a write up on loads (quite a way down the article but worth the read). That load seems to be quite a solid round for the .38. In fact, I keep the FBI load in my 4in S&W .357 Mag. My reloaders carry .357 Mag. If 5 FBI loads don't do it, I'll need the mag round. I also like revolvers for folks who don't get to practice as much as they'd like. I'm good with my .45 ACP Colt Commander BUT I'm not comfortable with my ability to run clearing drills with my weak hand. So I practice AND keep a revolver handy where possible.

Good luck in the military, sir, and let us know if we can do anything to help in your chosen field. Thank you for sharing.

As to your .38 special; are you familiar with the FBI load? The Army gave us pilots S&W .38 specials with 4 inch barrels as our sidearm. With a FMJ round it is incredibly underpowered. In Viet Nam a couple of kids (I was an old man of 21 at the time:rolleyes:) were playing "John Wayne" in the arms room and one shot the other with a .38 FMJ. They walked to the 24th EVAC emergency room (I had friends there so I got the story), the doc found the bullet location (just under the skin; it enter at the shoulder and traveled toward the spine), made a small slit, removed it, used some cat gut and a swab to clean out the channel, marked the guy 2 days rest and then duty. I immediately made some off record trades and got a 1911 that eventually saved my life. I never had any use for the .38 after that right up to the time I heard about the FBI load. http://www.chuckhawks.com/ammo_by_anonymous.htm has a write up on loads (quite a way down the article but worth the read). That load seems to be quite a solid round for the .38. In fact, I keep the FBI load in my 4in S&W .357 Mag. My reloaders carry .357 Mag. If 5 FBI loads don't do it, I'll need the mag round. I also like revolvers for folks who don't get to practice as much as they'd like. I'm good with my .45 ACP Colt Commander BUT I'm not comfortable with my ability to run clearing drills with my weak hand. So I practice AND keep a revolver handy where possible.

Good luck in the military, sir, and let us know if we can do anything to help in your chosen field. Thank you for sharing.

I know that the .38 isn't the most powerful round on the market, but I love the hell out of that gun. If you know where to aim it'll take someone down and I'm extremely comfortable with it. I'm saving up money (hard to do while paying student loan interest and working on a private pilot license to help pad my Warrant Officer application) to get either a Glock 22 or a Beretta 96. Both are good .40 pistols with a good performace history.

I haven't heard of the FBI load, I mostly only use target shooting loads (again, I'm on a college budget here haha). Once I blow through the 500 rounds I just got at a clearance sale, I will have to try that load out.

Thank you again for the well-wishes about the military. For now, I'm working out everyday and trying to be able to get a 280 on the PFT before I actually take it. I have to wait till next July to file my paperwork officially because of my LASIK surgery, so that just gives me more time to practice the ASVAB, AFAST and get ready for the PFT.

Delta7,

Use the FBI load for defensive purposes and your 500 rounds for target practice. You don't need a ton of ammo for your basic carry weapon until you get better situated on all your preps. I've shot a couple of .40's and like them. Rule number 24 of the "Rules for a Gunfight" is "24. Do not attend a gun fight with a handgun, the caliber of which starts with anything smaller than "4"( “10” if metric)." (OK, I'm a .45 bigot) Find a gun that fits your hand, that has ergonomics that you like and can hit your target with. That is the gun for you. Rule number 25 is "You can't miss fast enough to win" so if you have a good shooting gun that is the one for you. Folks have been killed with .22 LR (would never be my first choice for defense but the best defensive gun is the one you have with you when you need it) so you use what you are good with.

I'll keep that in mind. However, in Illinois there is no concealed carry or open carry so I only use that gun for target shooting. I keep my .40 bedside with a magazine of wadcutters.

However, in Illinois there is no concealed carry or open carry so I only use that gun for target shooting. I keep my .40 bedside with a magazine of wadcutters.

Ouch! That seems the best plan for what you have to live with. My mother taught me to shoot a handgun when I was 7 and I've been around guns of various types all my life. I guess I just don't get the PC nonsense that says no carry. Still, I work on federal property so I can't carry at work - the rest of the time I am a mobile, gun rich environment (that's a quote I stole from Conner of 'Gun Crank Diaries'.)

A concealed carry bill made it to the floor of the State Senate this year, but got shot down. I do have a Utah Concealed Carry License because it's accepted in 32 other states. So, wherever I get stationed when I'm military I'll most likely be able to carry when not on base.

Hello group! I'm Smokecheck, and I'll be co-moderating the reloading forum with Mr. Smashy.

Born and raised in NJ, I decided my family needed to "bug-out" to SC after 9/11. I worked for 25 years in radio communications, my last assignment being to re-establish transmitting capabilities on the Jersey side of the Hudson after we lost all our gear at the Trade Center.

Started shooting pistol competitively in 1975; learning reloading was a necessity. Found out I enjoyed reloading as much as shooting!

Lovin' it in SC., EVERYBODY here carries concealed. I'm semi-retired now and able to spend more time with my hobbies of shooting, reloading, survival, hiking, prepping and Bible study. My wife and I are preparing to be self-sufficient on our 24 acres.

Hoping I can share my knowledge with y'all.

Psalm 34:4

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking around the SC site for a year or so and have loved the practical content and advice. I'm a 26 yrs old West Michigan native and resident, married, and have two kids under 5 yrs. old. I'm currently a year away from becoming an RN. I've grown up in a family that loves. I the outdoors and their Second Amendment rights. I'm not nearly as prepared as I want to be / should be, but that's not the easiest thing to accomplish when you're paying your way through school and supporting a family. In a small way, you could say that our family is going through a minor SHTF event. I had to leave my job a year ago in order to be able to finish school (working full time in the nursing program I'm in isn't possible unless you don't need to sleep more than 1 hour a night or study). We've made it a year so far on the food we had stored in our pantry, money in our savings, part time jobs, and the help we've received from our family and church. I have a background in Construction, Industrial maintenance (machine trouble shooting and repair) and DIY auto repair. I also have an affinity for the former COMBLOC weapons. Most of my preps so far are focused around getting home and bugging in. The scenarios we're prepared for include being snowed in (we had one of the biggest blizzards on record in this area last year) and possible tornado / severe T-storm infrastructure damage. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better and learning from the great community here. Here's the Q&A:

(focused on getting home the 40 or so miles from school)

In my school backpack (it all fits in a quart size ziplock bag)

- Leatherman (on my belt when I'm not at school)

- small folding knife

- BIC lighter and some cotton balls in watertight container

- Stainless steel water bottle

- Magnesium block and flint

- Flashlights: Minimag with extra batteries, Streamlight penlight - also doubles as my penlight in the clinical settings (60 hr run time on batteries), LED pinchlight on keychain

- Med kit - aspirin (in case I encounter anyone having a heart attack), Motrin, bandages of various size, safety pins, alcohol swabs, and sterile 2x2 bandages.

- $ - couple of dollar coins

- bandanna

- carabiner

- compass

- coffee filters

- instant coffee

- 2x clif bars

- lanyard and string

- whistle

In my car:

- Slingshot and 100 marbles (in my car)

- Generic first aid kit

* Ideas on cheap and small water purification? Right now I could use the coffee filters and then boil the water in the stainless bottle. I don't have room to carry a proper filter so I was thinking maybe some type of chemical purification?

- Hungarian PA-63 in 9x18 makarov

3. Favorite Concealed Carry Pistol?|

- It will be the PA-63 once I get done with school and can afford to get my CPL. Michigan is an open carry state so there is that option until then.

- Russian Mosin Nagant in 7.62x54r circa 1943

- Marlin Model 60

- I would have answered the Mosin Nagant hands down a month ago, but my Grandpa just gave me a CVA 50cal black powder rifle that I LOVE!

6. Favorite Shotgun?

- My dad's Winchester pump 12ga (I can't afford my own yet)

More than a 2 week supply

- Glock knife

- compass / maps

- Firestarting items

- Machete

- Rope / string

- Flashlights

- food and water

9. Describe your Bug Out Location?

Bug in at this point

94 Mazda MPV 4x4 (one of the only minivans built on a pickup truck frame)

Couple of army surplus duffels

- Hungarian PA-63

13. Favorite home defense Rifle/Shotgun?

- Mosin Nagant - wouldn't use this unless I couldn't get my pistol for some reason - wouldn't want to send bullets through the next 3 houses down the street

- Louis Lamour books - The Last of the Breed is probably my all time favorite

- Have any been made?

16. Survival Knife?

Glock model 81 field knife

17. Survival Tools in your kit?

- Hatchet

- EDC items listed above

- Machete

- Fishing gear

- snare material

- Folding shovel

- Small tent

Edited by murjd17

murjd17,

Not a bad list and I agree about Louis LAmour's books. Have you soaked the cotton balls in petroleum jelly? It makes them very effect as tinder and as a light source.

We warm the petroleum jelly slightly to make it more of a liquid than a paste and soak the cotton balls. You can just smear in on as well. Pull out some loose threads to light it and the thing will burn while floating in a cup of water.

Hi, I'm Mike. Got into Prepping since i joined the Cub Scouts as a Webelo and my first lil blue pocket knife and continued into the Boyscouts. Being a Boyscout in Alaska is where you learn to "Be Prepared" and we always had a outting twice a month. Day trips, and weekend trips. 20 minutes out of Anchorage, south and your in grizzly bear country. I didn't know it then but we always had Get Me Home Bag packed in the vehicles. I always thought i was off my rocker, being overly prepared at home, buying a flashlight when i see one, or a knife somewheres. And talking to people in general you get looked at funny. I AM SO Glad i found this place 4 months ago, reading every article and feeling kinda "right as rain" (great flood reference, mind bender if you think about it) Growing Scouts, Dad was a Gunny in the Corp. Mom teaching the Bible. I guess religion is why i didn't follow my dad, so between The Reds are coming and TEOTWAWKI (learned that term here) in the 80's and 90's, mentally preparing for anything. when TSHTF (another term) happens i didn't really think about'em, it jus something that happens and your waiting for the other shoe to drop to go from TSHTF to TEOTWAWKI. like the only power plant serving Anchorage, Alaska breaks a blow off valve on their hydro electric generator and 250,000 people are without power in the Dead of winter with 20 degrees being the average. Being 14 i started wondering when will the "zombies" come out struggling for Heat, food and water, My friend didn't have a lick for flashlights, while i'm packing a ultra mini mag lite, mini mag lite, a GI lite, and a c cell mag lite. 72 hours later everything was restored, but it was a good thing i had a boombox to listen to all the updates and entertainment. a tire goes flat out in the bush, boom easy to change out a tire...Now, bearing locks up in your alternator with a serpintine belt, its only minutes away before your belt breaks from the heat and you lose engine power, your on a mountain road(no pull outs) whatta ya do? A: head towards the next lil town with no auto store 100 miles away, B: turn around and heads back? or C? SITUATION UPDATE: KABOOM YOUR ENGINE IS NOW ON FIRE due to Alternator lock up. NOW WHAT!! your still on a mountain road when passing the corner you see a piece of real estate jus big enough to park a chevy suburban on and manage to coast on it when the engine dies and smoke pouring out from under the hood.

so yea i'm alil paranoid about certain things.

1 EDC. car and truck keys with 6" kubotan (mini Flail), Wallet, CCW permit and passport card, kershaw folding knife, need to get into the habit of carrying the pistol and Z6 surefire light, a space pen, and iPhone.

2 FBOP. The Colt 1911 .45 acp i know it'll survive a mud bath

3 FCCP. The Sig Sauer p229 in .40 cal. I like the capacity.

4 FBOR. Springfield Armory M1A. Capacity and firepower.

5 FR. a pre 64 Winchester 70 in .270.

6 FSHTG. Winchester Defender 1300 http://s1176.photobucket.com/albums/x331/junkships/Guns/?action=view&current=Win1300.jpg&newest=1, currently for sale in TN, GA, The Mossberg Maverick 88 version www.Gunlistings.org and listed on the vendor portion of this site...

7 Food. about 2 weeks and 80 gallons of water in the water heater, i wanna get 2-55 gallon plastic drums and hooked them into the supply line where it first comes into the house.

8 BOB top 7. Sleeping bag, bed pad, 1 man multi fuel stove, Matches, A Candle, 4 C Cell Maglite, Big effin Knife from gerber.

9 BOL. don't have one, around here theres just too many people. in 48 hours i could anywhere though on the interstates. "from Tennessee you can reach 75% of the country in 48 hours..."

10.BOV. ideally it'd be a nissan pathfinder with 4x4. small enough to go unnoticed, go around abandoned cars, hide in the bush, go in and out of ditches.

11 BOB. GI Duffle and large Alice pack on LG-II Large frame.

12 FHDP. Sig Sauer p220 w/ trijicon night sights. in .45acp.

13 FHDShtgn. number 6.

14 FSB. I'd have to say a fiction book, Tunnel in the Sky by Robert A. Heinlein. I've read Nat Geo's S. book, USAF S. Book 1980's edition, The Boyscout Field Manual, Alaska Grizzly Bear Tales, and More Grizzly Bear Tales. jus got the Army's S. book and the Rangers S. book (thanx for the post in books section).

15 FSM. The Postmaster with kevin costner. he's arming his .30 cal carbine when they come across "this is the problem with strangers; do you say hi, or blow their head off....thats far enough, we don't want any trouble..."

The book of Eli and The Road, especially have a very real outlook that could happen, setting traps for human meat...

16 Tools. hand pump pellet/bb gun, pistol crossbow, telescoping fishing pole kit, folding shovel, (full size shovel should be packed with jumper cables, road flares, tire irons and spare tire, even if you don't use it for snow, its bigger than a tire iron for a weapon...CBC urban stories, ladies have used "The Club" to prevent car jackings) a real life saver is a Power Inverter for your car or truck taking 12 volts and turning it into 120 ac. jus to name a few.

Edited by Crazy Rebel

Good afternoon all, ive come to throw in my twopence worth as a limey! ive been getting the newsletters for a while and thought id throw some of my knowledge into the hat. a bit about me, im married with 4 kids, currently retired,as a lost my leg in a training accident, but my background is 15 years in the British Army, mostly in 3 CDO brigade, and then in the Met (london) police, latterly in SO19 which is the same as your SWAT teams, til my accident. i hope to learn lots and pass on as much as i can in the process, as you all probably know we have archaic firearms laws but i do have plenty of combat and practical knowledge from my 2 occupations, i have quite a good bushcraft background too as my kids love the great outdoors, my other big passion is rugby, and im in heaven as the world cup is on at the moment, (Bad luck to the eagles against Ireland by the way).

I have a good friend in the UK. I've been trying to help him and his family prep for some time. Weapons selection is difficult when you are supposed to be disarmed.

I always thought that 3 minutes out side your back door could be big bear country in Alaska! I love the country up there but I'm not a fan of 40 below.

It is amazing how we are lead to believe we're nuts until TSHTF and then we're the local resource. Life is what happens between TSHTF events. Black swans are always out there, just waiting for the worst possible time to occur.

Oh, Make sure you don't let the inverter bleed the battery down to where you can't start the vehicle. That is embarrassing at the best of times and life threatening at the worse.

Avid hunter, fishing, and anything outside. Interested in becoming more self sufficient as things, in my humble opinion, get progressivley worse economically due to democract turning into a welfare state.

Glock 19 2 extra mags, surfire executive elite, benchmade pocket knife, phone,

GLock 19

3. Favorite Concealed Carry Pistol?|

GLock 19

Ruger 10/22 or AR style S&W

Browning A Bolt .270, Swarovski 56mm 3x12, 130 grain ammo

6. Favorite Shotgun?

Ruger 20 guage over under then any 12 guage pump.

More than a 2 week supply

550 cord, lighers, knife, plyers, water, ammo, extra Glock 19

9. Describe your Bug Out Location?

Depends on situation, more than one option, but probably 100 acres rural land, lake, house, swamp. I think peopel might be better severed in small neighborhood community working together than trying to hack it on your own. jUst a thought.

Two 4x4 SUV

North Face, Needs Improvement

Glock 19-all pistols are glock 9mm since mags are interchangable

12 Guage if needed but dont b/c pistol is easier to hide. More worried about coming home to someone in my house with my gun than them breaking in while I am there. Got a dog to wake me up.

No one particular

Armagedon - Book of Eli,Sci Fi - I am legend, Urban Survival - Bourne Identity

16. Survival Knife?

SOG fixed blade, Bench Made pocket knife

17. Survival Tools in your kit?

knife, rope, wire, lighters, machette, water, hatchett, crow bar

Keys, flashlight, locking pocket knife, pen/[pencil, wallet, cell phone.

Browning Hi-Power.

3. Favorite Concealed Carry Pistol?

N/A – Not old enough yet

.22 LR(any) or .30-06. Or an SKS 5.56

Put a rifle in my hands, it'll work. Favorite would have to be any .22 LR or an AR-15.

6. Favorite Shotgun?

Never been a big shotgun fan. Not much expierence either.

Enough for me and my dad for 2 weeks.(one main meal a day)

First aid kit, survival knife, water, gum, fire starter, pistol, compass.

9. Describe your Bug Out Location, if you have one?

Just outside of Boulder, about a half days walk.

Im just stuck with my good 'ol Chevy S10.

N/A Have yet to get one unfortunatly.

N/A Not old enough yet

My bb-gun, its all i got.

Gary Paulsons "Hatchet". Havent read much on survival(im just starting to get into this stuff)

Haven't really seen any "survival" movies.

16. Survival Knife?

My locked blade pocket knife, dull as all hell, but its never let me down.

17. Survival Tools in Your Kit?

Hatchet/tomohawk. Flashlight. Fire starter. Hammer. Knife.