Sign in to follow this  
P210SIG

.22LR Ammo? What name brand & type are you stocking up on, for SHTF.

Remember one thing. It does not make a bit of difference what kind of ammo you like and which looks the coolest and gets the most fps or mv energy. It only makes a difference what your weapon likes. Just like some things, give it what it wants and it will perform the way it should. Try all brands and bullet types and then give the weapon what it likes the best.

I wish other things were that simple.

Edited by VIS 9

I'm stocking up on Remington Yellow Jackets, CCI Stingers & CCI Mini-Mag.

OK for the 20th time LOL

CCI mini mag copper plated 40 grain hi velocity 1235 FPS 100 pack

CCI mini mags 22 shorts 29 grain hi velocity for small game out of a single shot bolt action.

Reason all my stuff is sighted in with it so some shoot one hole some 1 inch BUT I never have to worry

they shoot well and no problems with ejection problems and consistent results.

I do not want to think in the military you have consistent ammo and that is why a range master

can take any weapon and drill the bull with any weapon consistent ammo.

just buy a box and if they work that should be all you buy and buy at least 1K to start and keep

buying and stacking it back it is nothing to burn up 2 to 500 in a day at the range.

and copper plated leaves less residue as lead has wax or grease lubes and that causes more crap

to stick IMO.

I have several .22 firearms. one wont like this brand ammo. that one does not do well with this brand ammo. you know, the typical rim-fire situation. i finally found one brand to satisfy all my .22lr lovelies. Winchester M22 .22lr works very well for me. very consistent firing. very consistent target grouping at 125 yards. feeds through my AR .22 as well as the .556 will thru my custom AR. Looking to stock 10k rounds.

The cheapest 22mag.I can get..

i second the cheap ammo. especially for a .22 which is not a "knock down" caliber weapon.

even for hunting big game at less than 300 yards a remington core lock bullet kills'em just as dead as a $50 box of ammo. shooting at over 300 the ammo probably gets the accuracy so much better that it makes a real difference.

**Late to the Thread**

My 22lrs only reliably fire winchester super X, 555 and cci mini mag and stingers. So for the price, I have alot of 555 in my stockpile. I wont buy anything but those 4 in 22lr. My 22s dont like anything else.