Sign in to follow this  
Baldwin

Healthy Life

What is more important thing for the health, exercise or Diet. Every one has its own opinion about the healthy lifestyle some one consider diet is more important than the exercise. What is your opinion about healthy lifestyle? Good discussion will be appreciate

I just posted this I will do it again

for a big reason not all dead people are fat bloated and out of shape hell some never smoked figure that out.

Real interview with a Chinese Doctor, Hilarious!?

I am not joking! This is a real interview answered by a very well respected Chinese doctor, This is PRICELESS!!!!

Q: Doctor, I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?

A: Heart only good for so many beats, and that it... Don't waste on exercise. Everything wear out eventually. Speed up heart not make live longer; that like say you can extend life of car by driving faster. Want live longer? Take nap.

Q: Should I cut down on meat and eat more fruits and vegetables?

A: You must grasp logistical efficiencies. What does cow eat? Hay and corn. What are these? Vegetables.. So, steak nothing more than efficient mechanism of delivering vegetables to system. Need grain? Eat chicken.. Beef also good source of field grass (green leafy vegetable).. And pork chop can give 100% recommended daily allowance of vegetable products.

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?

A: No, not at all. Wine made from fruit. Brandy is distilled wine. That means they take water out of fruity bit; get even more of goodness that way. Beer also made out of grain. Bottoms up!

Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?

A: If you have body and you have fat, ratio is one to one. If you have two bodies, ratio is two to one, etc.

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?

A: Cannot think of single one, sorry. My philosophy: No Pain...Good!

Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?

A: YOU NOT LISTENING!!! ..... Foods fried in vegetable oil. How getting more vegetables be bad for you?

Q: Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?

A: Definitely not! When you exercise muscle, it get bigger. You should only do sit-ups if want bigger stomach.

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?

A: You crazy? HELLO . Cocoa beans! Vegetable!!! Cocoa beans best feel-good food around!

Q: Is swimming good for your figure?

A: If swimming good for figure, explain whales to me.

Q: Is getting in-shape important for my lifestyle?

A: Hey! 'Round' is shape!

Well, I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets.

AND......

For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies:

1. The Japanese eat very little fat

And suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat

3. The Chinese drink very little red wine

4 The Italians drink a lot of red wine

5.. The Germans drink a lot of beers and eat lots of sausages and fats

CONCLUSION.....

Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.

I think that exercise is important because our bodies aren't meant to be sedentary BUT I think food choices ultimately have a more profound impact on overall health. I heard this quote by someone named Ann Wigmore that I really like: "The food you eat can either be the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison."

The oldest guy I ever knew

NEVER and I mean NEVER worked a day in his life and had a driver a cook

maids and had money out the azz he was a banker and financier also into real estate.

he never walked further than to his office from the curb {about 200 foot and no stairs}

His paper was brought to him he had a BAR in his office and not a weight lifting bar

he smoked cigars and drank not to excess but still on holidays he got bent.

and died at 92 or 93 had 3 or 4 wives a handful of kids and never needed or used a cane

he was proud of that.

BUT he would kick out orphans and hated animals and knew how much he had in investments

every day when he left the office.

and no one liked him not even his children or ex wives and he ate every decadent thing and desert too.

Hi friends,

Health is a basic part of our life you think as your life stands on your health and if you do not take care of your health then you must be not alive more.

You should take care of your health and be a healthy long lfe.

thanks

What is more important thing for the health, exercise or Diet. Every one has its own opinion about the healthy lifestyle some one consider diet is more important than the exercise. What is your opinion about healthy lifestyle? Good discussion will be appreciate

In my opinion, you cant really seperate the 2, Exercise and Diet, and expect to be 'healthy'.

Being that I have my own health concerns, i maintain a diligent diet to ward off/prevent symptoms. Not much exercise involved though.

Regular physical exercise contributes to an overall 'healthier' body than those who do dont regularly exercise. Cardio, Respiratory, blood-pressure etc.

So if you really expect to be Healthy, You need both.

Whats the point in running a mile, then eating a large pepperoni pizza for dinner?

Edited by NavyVet_77

Though I do agree with NavyVet, I personally think that Exercise may be a little more important, it allows your metabolism to work faster helping to burn that large pepperoni pizza you ate for dinner. besides that it feels good to get out and do something physical

Exercise and diet both are equally important in my point of view,like two tyres of bike which both are the same importance for bike.I do exercise for my calories burn,make me fit and active.On the other hand i m quite diet conscious which able my body to control cholesterol,fat,calories,blood pressure etc.

My opinion is that of a combination of the two. Both are equally important. While I agree with Dr Bones about injury risk a non-fit individual will be at much greater risk of injury once placed into a hostile or stressful environment. Cardio with a blend of resistance training works very well. Cardio for the obvious and resistance training to add lean muscle mass. Lean muscle mass assists the body's metabolic process and enables an individual to more effectively burn body fat for energy throughout the entire day, thus less to be stored as additional fat. With that being said I have seen plenty of muscle heads who are really in bad physiological condition even though they are stupid strong. The best warrior is a lean warrior that possess both cardio vascular and muscle endurance. Neither of these can be obtained with poor nutritional habits.

Bottom line is you can have the best gear money can buy, 3 years worth of food, enough rounds to start a small war, and a first aid kit that will make House MD jealous, but if you break a sweat struggling to get off the couch you aren't much use.

I would agree that both are important.

RE: Excercise

I can tell you from experience that the best way to exercise is just to integrate it into your daily routine. I purposefully moved to a house that is walking/bicycling distance to schools, shopping, downtown, beach, forest, etc. We only had one car for 8 years and usually my wife drove it. I take public transportation often. I do my own yard work, gardening, house fix-up, all physical labor etc. My job involves lot of walking when I am on the road, and always carrying luggage or heavy briefcases..... My fun activities involve surfing, bicycling in the forest, and sports that you move a lot....

So, working out 2 hours a day would be a waste of time. That said, I still throw around the irons here and there.

I know this kind of lifestyle/location/situation is not possible for everyone. My point is to integrate exercise into the way you live your life instead of adding two hours onto your day going to a gym, working out, etc....

RE: Diet

Because I am so active, I eat anything I want, but just don't overdo the quantities. Diet foods are IMHO a total waste of money. We use real butter, bread, deserts and ice cream, I never touch lite beer. Again, it's about portion size. However, we do eat a lot of vegetables. The secret to eating correctly IMHO is simply avoide processed foods that come out of boxes......buy fresh. We do eat bio butter, eggs (have our own chickens), milk just to avoid the hormones and pesticides used in industrial productions but are not fanatics about it.

I'm 47 years old, a strapping 5'-10" and weigh btw 170 and 175 lbs, zero health problems and virtually never go to the doctor and take no medicine other than Jack Daniels, cognac and a nice Bordeaux.

Perhaps some of it's genetic and I'm just lucky but to me it's pretty common sense.

Regards,

Wolfe

Both are basic things for our life, Health is a basic part of our life you and Diet is also a good one for better health think as your life stands on your health and if you do not take care of your health then you must alive more. You should take care of your health and be a healthy long life.

I think you will find everything you need on this website!

Have fun going through the recipes for something that suits your tastes and fits your low fat guidelines.

Also if you search for lunch ideas you will find lots of suggestions!

I hope you stay around and join in the fun of trying things and sharing how they went!

Edited by WitteKasey

DO you know someone like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATheHu8VNkk&feature=related

A good while ago i heard about GMO foods but never really looked into what it was all about. SO now I have. And from what it seems to me... most of what we eat is GMO!! If you arent aware of the whole GMO thing I stringly urge you to learn about it. SImply put, in my own words, GMO (Non-Organics) are essentially poisons.

Ive always wondered how (myself) a person can be a perfect picture of Health (joined the Navy) to having a LIST of health issues 4 years later. Please... read up on this stuff. Before I left to join the Navy, all the BEEF we ate was grown local by my Uncle,fed corn he grew himself on his farm and pasture grass. I always had luck with my fishin pole (fresh water fish) and didnt eat much chicken or Turkey, just because we always had a freezer full of my Uncle's beef. We always had a BIG garden and canned hundreds upon hundreds of jars every year. Our MILK we drank, (and we drank ALOT of Milk) came from the SAME family own dairy farm. Only on a seldom ocassion we would eat at a restruant in town, or whatever. Dad would buy Lettuce/carrots/celery from grocery maybe if our KY clay dirt didnt produce much of those that year. .... SO 4 years later I had and still a list of health concerns. Managable, but did not exsist. As far as I know I wasn't exposed to serious 'Bio-Agents' while serving, or Radiation. But id puit ALL I own on the fact that every Military meal I ate was GMO products.

Edited by NavyVet_77