Sign in to follow this  
Regulator5

Games for Teaching

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but I received an email about a new game that is geared towards teaching kids about herbs. It is just being released and I'll include the link from email and the parent site's store for your perusal.

http://www.herbfairies.com/sq/9948-picture-your-children-15-years-from-now

http://www.learningherbs.com/wildcraft.html

http://www.learningherbs.com/

The site also offers free herbal lessons for those interested.

we jhad games when I was a kid dad asked you your times tables when you got one wrong he hit you

with a wooden spoon the interesting part came when he would throw in a off the cuff set of numbers

that meant the back and forth

{if you were not coming forth with the answer you were getting the back of the spoon}

was at an end.

he did not hit hard but enough to keep your mind from wandering unless you got smart mouth and that

would get the spoon to break the sound barrier { a sound you had not planned on coming out of you}.

My father taught by example if you screwed up you learned an example of how fast a leather belt

could be administered to your posterior or when you made a mistake that got you hurt they would

say something like, now you know why we do not do it like that or that's why we showed you the right

way and told you don't do that.

teachers were less concerned with how you felt {unless you were sick} and what you thought and

more interested in what you retained.

I learned early that they must have thought that it was going in my eyes and falling out my azz

because they would paddle it till it slammed shut and thus retained what had been received by the eyes.

It must have worked about half of the classes went to college and 35% did OK we had a 15%

FU rate now I hear it is 50% fail to graduate and most end up in deep trouble or prison.

Corporal punishment works if applied for the right reasons and limited amount of times.

I asked my mother and father why I did not get rewarded for doing well, they said we are not

training a dog we are training a person and you were rewarded we did not hit you for doing right did we?

funny now and was slightly funny then I did not want for much so I could not complain had

everything I needed and then some motorcycles trucks horses guns boats fishing equipment and a

charge account at the local store, they had gas ammo and fishing tackle and bar-b-q

all the clean clothes and good food anytime I wanted it and chores were not

excessive and my father taught me all he could {hands on} I was his helper roofing carpentry sheet rock

electrical mechanical hunting fishing gardening canning cooking on a pit raising animals slaughtering

plumbing oil field work hell I cant remember anything we did not do by the time I was 13 I could bid a

construction job I miss him smacking me upside the head and saying "pay attention" with that grin

knowing I was only interested in girls fishing and hunting.

we had great times.

My mother was very involved in most of it except building taught me

how to wash clothes iron them how to dress properly I never wear

argyle with pin stripe suit learned how to cook can operate a vacuum

change the bag know how to clean a house top to bottom

how to dance {ballroom and of course the box step etc.}

etiquette I know what a salad and shrimp fork are and how to sit

and polite conversation and how to be gracious and respectful.

and to respect God as did my father help those less fortunate and give

or share.

and that was our redneck version of home schooling everyday I learned

something new whether I knew it at the time or not.

Edited by juzcallmesnake

we jhad games when I was a kid dad asked you your times tables when you got one wrong he hit you

with a wooden spoon the interesting part came when he would throw in a off the cuff set of numbers

that meant the back and forth

{if you were not coming forth with the answer you were getting the back of the spoon}

was at an end.

he did not hit hard but enough to keep your mind from wandering unless you got smart mouth and that

would get the spoon to break the sound barrier { a sound you had not planned on coming out of you}.

My father taught by example if you screwed up you learned an example of how fast a leather belt

could be administered to your posterior or when you made a mistake that got you hurt they would

say something like, now you know why we do not do it like that or that's why we showed you the right

way and told you don't do that.

teachers were less concerned with how you felt {unless you were sick} and what you thought and

more interested in what you retained.

I learned early that they must have thought that it was going in my eyes and falling out my azz

because they would paddle it till it slammed shut and thus retained what had been received by the eyes.

It must have worked about half of the classes went to college and 35% did OK we had a 15%

FU rate now I hear it is 50% fail to graduate and most end up in deep trouble or prison.

Corporal punishment works if applied for the right reasons and limited amount of times.

I asked my mother and father why I did not get rewarded for doing well, they said we are not

training a dog we are training a person and you were rewarded we did not hit you for doing right did we?

funny now and was slightly funny then I did not want for much so I could not complain had

everything I needed and then some motorcycles trucks horses guns boats fishing equipment and a

charge account at the local store, they had gas ammo and fishing tackle and bar-b-q

all the clean clothes and good food anytime I wanted it and chores were not

excessive and my father taught me all he could {hands on} I was his helper roofing carpentry sheet rock

electrical mechanical hunting fishing gardening canning cooking on a pit raising animals slaughtering

plumbing oil field work hell I cant remember anything we did not do by the time I was 13 I could bid a

construction job I miss him smacking me upside the head and saying "pay attention" with that grin

knowing I was only interested in girls fishing and hunting.

we had great times.

My mother was very involved in most of it except building taught me

how to wash clothes iron them how to dress properly I never wear

argyle with pin stripe suit learned how to cook can operate a vacuum

change the bag know how to clean a house top to bottom

how to dance {ballroom and of course the box step etc.}

etiquette I know what a salad and shrimp fork are and how to sit

and polite conversation and how to be gracious and respectful.

and to respect God as did my father help those less fortunate and give

or share.

and that was our redneck version of home schooling everyday I learned

something new whether I knew it at the time or not.

Hey Snake... right on...and now we got two generations of johnies & susies that their Parents?? beleaved the fools who told them "Don't get their attemtion by spanking their ass before you tell them not to do that again" Plus , we did away with the draft.....one of the most eye opening experiences most kids had ever had.